LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 139 users in the forums

Why are people more sympathetic to vick than plax?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Plax's dumbass could have killed someone.

Vick only killed dogs.
Wow, how about both of them out of the league forever. One paid his time, but still that doesn't mean he SHOULD be allowed to play in the NFL.

The other is stupid, a non-team player who always get's into trouble and brought a loaded gun into a club.

Maybe if we started banning these types of a****les from having the privilege of playing in the NFL a few 'wanna be ganster" NFL players would wise up.

I tired of the free ride that is given professional athletes. Just because someone is a good football player doesn't mean we should look the other way when they commit a crime that would land you or me in the pokey for quite some time, AND prevent us from getting good paying jobs because we have a record.

Counter that.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Plax's dumbass could have killed someone. Vick only killed dogs.

yea but when someone drives drunk then they can pull a donte stallworth, but you dont see dui=3 years in prison. fact is plax didnt intend to do anything bad, vick did. and in the end the only situation where anything got hurt was vicks situation. everyone wants to talk about 2nd chances and forgiveness for a mistake, then doesnt plax deserve it too? donte stallworth ran over a guy and got 30 days . but plax is going to get 3years for shooting himself in the leg on accident.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Wow, how about both of them out of the league forever. One paid his time, but still that doesn't mean he SHOULD be allowed to play in the NFL.

The other is stupid, a non-team player who always get's into trouble and brought a loaded gun into a club.

Maybe if we started banning these types of a****les from having the privilege of playing in the NFL a few 'wanna be ganster" NFL players would wise up.

I tired of the free ride that is given professional athletes. Just because someone is a good football player doesn't mean we should look the other way when they commit a crime that would land you or me in the pokey for quite some time, AND prevent us from getting good paying jobs because we have a record.

Counter that.

Owners just want to win games. And many don't mind doing it with criminals
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Plax is a f**k up, Vick is a f**k up that served his time.

/thread
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Plax's dumbass could have killed someone.

Vick only killed dogs.

i hate when people say that, a dog is has feelings too, i agree he served his time, but it wasnt just a dog, it was a life he took away, yeah, im a dog lover, so it hits hard to me, if anyone ever harmed my animals, id kill them, litteraly, id break there f*cking neck, snap it in 2 pieces.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you shoot yourself in the leg while wearing sweatpants at a club, you dont deserve any sympathy
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Plax is a TO wannebe with a reputation for being a selfish jerk. Imagine if TO shot himself in the leg at a nightclub, I imagine zero sympathy in that case.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
who would you rather have a guy who has killed a few dogs, or a guy who carries a gun and is a clumsy moron he is liable to shoot himself or somebody else

give me the clumsy moron who is the better player because he atleast means well.

really?

Plex brought a gun with him to a crowded night club.....a friend of mine or a family member could have been there and god knows what could have happened.

Plex is more of a danger to society than Vick is.

I'm not downplaying what Vick did...it was wrong and sick, but he has done his time in prison and I'm sure he is humbled......and will probably will continued to be humbled from volunteer work he will do with some group (not Peta) over these next few years....I'm sure there will be alot of animal owners let him know what their pets means to them or owners who have had pets they have lost.

Plex needs some serious serious help. I think he has some mental or self confidence issues.
I like both as football players though...I have always felt that the Giants lucked out getting in Plex at that initial contract.....he is a real good player......and I wanted the 49ers to get him the first time when he left the Steelers....then a second time he was available.

I like Vick because I still remember that game at Green Bay, just like Alex fans remember the series of plays in Seattle they always talk about .....but seriously Vick has had a good NFL career playing wise....some still believe that he still looks to run first....but that is not necessary the case...his first couple of years maybe. As far as the 49ers go...I think we should bring him in, and have him serve as a third string back-up or take a roster spot as a 5th WR.....I like Shaun Hill and I believe he will do great this year....but if for some reason he does, I'd like to see what Vick would do in this offenses....I think it would be PERFECT for him, with these players we have.

But if Shaun does great like I expect him to, then we can use Vick as trade bait late in the year to a team that might want to experiment with him for next year...

in a controlled offense IMO

Vick 2 yrs ago and now > Alex
Vick 2 yrs ago and maybe now > Huard

cuz he's black. oh wait.
See i know everyone says gun automatically=worse intentions. but steve smith, his teammate, had been robbed at gunpoint outside his house the week before. he didnt intend to hurt anyone. it was on him for self defense. and had the fl license carried over like he thought, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. after shaun taylor incident A LOT more athletes are packing heat now. iirc clinton portis and jared allen are 2 of them. should they be jailed for years too?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by danimal:
hmm, I don't think anyone is more sympathetic for Vick over Plax in the first place

you dont see it? a bunch of players have spoken up for vick, even our own tko spikes on his twitter page.

i dont care wether plax is a team player or not, fact is what he did wasnt nearly as bad as what vick did. and if you honestly telling me vick is more of a team player even though hes not even a passing qb, and after thd weed bottle incident at the airport and ron mexico incident and all plax has done until legshot gate is break a few team rules... plax is a winner, and caught the gw td vs the 18-0 pats. vick hasnt done s**t.

Thats because Vicks return is more relevant now than Plax, not because people are more sympathetic one way or the other. Plax's legal battles are still not clear while Vicks is. Vick can play in October, period end of story.....which is why now Vicks possible return is relevant. Also the other thing that makes Vicks return more relevant is because he is realistic about his contract demands.....Burress, again because his path back is still unclear; is not yet willing to sell out really cheap like Vick is.
Everybody keeps saying that Vick deserves a second chance. If you were to go to prison for 2 years under a felony good luck not only in getting your job back but getting any job. Plax was just an idiot and hasn't done anything to deserve the harshness that he is getting.
I don't understand why he's going to jail, did he not have a gun license or something? And if he did, he's a very popular athlete who does like to go out and have fun, I can see why he would need one.

And...he shot himself. Isn't that punishment enough? It was an accident when it happened, its not like he pulled out his gun and started playing with it...he shot himself, think about it.
Share 49ersWebzone