LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 363 users in the forums

Why are people more sympathetic to vick than plax?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Really i dont get it. everyone wants a 2nd chance for vick, and all these players are sticking up for vick but nobody is speaking up for plax. plaxs crime didnt hurt anyone else and was an accident. vick's crime was organized. imo plax is getting screwed.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Probably because Vick has been dragged through the mud by the media while also serving almost 2 years in prison. Plax hasn't done anything really to deserve that kind of response IMO.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Vick served his time, paid his dues. The guy should get a second chance if he is remorseful, and so far it seems like he is.
hmm, I don't think anyone is more sympathetic for Vick over Plax in the first place
if you shoot yourself in the leg while wearing sweatpants at a club, you dont deserve any sympathy
i hate what vick did, but he served time and he only did that one bonehead thing, plax is a moron who constantly gets in trouble and he is not a team player
Originally posted by danimal:
hmm, I don't think anyone is more sympathetic for Vick over Plax in the first place

you dont see it? a bunch of players have spoken up for vick, even our own tko spikes on his twitter page.

i dont care wether plax is a team player or not, fact is what he did wasnt nearly as bad as what vick did. and if you honestly telling me vick is more of a team player even though hes not even a passing qb, and after thd weed bottle incident at the airport and ron mexico incident and all plax has done until legshot gate is break a few team rules... plax is a winner, and caught the gw td vs the 18-0 pats. vick hasnt done s**t.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Vick served his time, paid his dues. The guy should get a second chance if he is remorseful, and so far it seems like he is.

I agree, but both of them are equal in the low class thug category. I do not understand how these guys don't surround themselves with better people.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

you dont see it? a bunch of players have spoken up for vick, even our own tko spikes on his twitter page.

i dont care wether plax is a team player or not, fact is what he did wasnt nearly as bad as what vick did. and if you honestly telling me vick is more of a team player even though hes not even a passing qb, and after thd weed bottle incident at the airport and ron mexico incident and all plax has done until legshot gate is break a few team rules... plax is a winner, and caught the gw td vs the 18-0 pats. vick hasnt done s**t.

Vick rushed over 1000 yards
Vick led his team over victory over the green bay packers at lambeau( never been done before prior )

f**k Plaxico
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you shoot yourself in the leg while wearing sweatpants at a club, you dont deserve any sympathy

yeah it was stupid but it was still only an accident. it was on him for self defense after his teammate was robbed at gunpoint. the gun was licensed in florida and a gun licensed there is legal in a lot of other states too. should he be at a club in thd first place, no, but almost every athlete has so give him a break.

and imo if you kill dogs by electrocuting them, beat them to death, shoot them, and have them raped you dont deserve any sympathy whether you paid your debts to society or not, and i am still willing to give him a 2nd chance. but plax might do more time for a crime where nobody got hurt than what vick got. sorry but thats f**ked up.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
you dont see it? a bunch of players have spoken up for vick, even our own tko spikes on his twitter page. i dont care wether plax is a team player or not, fact is what he did wasnt nearly as bad as what vick did. and if you honestly telling me vick is more of a team player even though hes not even a passing qb, and after thd weed bottle incident at the airport and ron mexico incident and all plax has done until legshot gate is break a few team rules... plax is a winner, and caught the gw td vs the 18-0 pats. vick hasnt done s**t.
Vick rushed over 1000 yards Vick led his team over victory over the green bay packers at lambeau( never been done before prior ) f**k Plaxico

big f**king deal come talk to me when vick wins a superbowl. plaxs team won at lambeau too.
who would you rather have a guy who has killed a few dogs, or a guy who carries a gun and is a clumsy moron he is liable to shoot himself or somebody else
who would you rather have a guy who has killed a few dogs, or a guy who carries a gun and is a clumsy moron he is liable to shoot himself or somebody else

give me the clumsy moron who is the better player because he atleast means well.

Neither.
I just hate plaxico burress in general so he could rot in hell for all i care, he has played for the 2 qbs i hate the most other than John Elway, Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisb***h
Share 49ersWebzone