LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

NFL Network's TOP 10: BEST HANDS

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'll admit, if I had to compile this list I would be very pressed to come up with 10 players
that most would agree on. That being stated, this list is bogus without Bambi...

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Aug 10, 2010 at 15:37:18 ]
If RICE is not #1 , then he better be #2 on any list period.
I'm failing to understand how a player that many people consider that greatest football player of all time doesn't have the best hands. If he's the best football player ever than wouldn't he have the best hands?

'Nuff Said

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Aug 10, 2010 at 15:42:30 ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I'm failing to understand how a player that many people consider that greatest football player of all time doesn't have the best hands. If he's the best football player ever than wouldn't he have the best hands?

Its a breakdown of skills. I would not consider him the faster reciever ever. Would not consider him to have to best verticle leap in NFL history. Would not consider him to be the best athlete at wide reciever in NFL history. The same would be true for his hands. He was just able to work harder than anybody else and maximize the talents he had. Hands down he is the best reciever in NFL history. If the top ten list was of the NFL players with the hardest work ethic or most competitive drive, then I would disagree if Jerry Rice was not listed as number one.
I love Rice but he did drop his share of balls.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
The topic is best hands not total receptions. Rice had good hands but I can also recall him dropping a pass or two during his career.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

Its a breakdown of skills. I would not consider him the faster reciever ever. Would not consider him to have to best verticle leap in NFL history. Would not consider him to be the best athlete at wide reciever in NFL history. The same would be true for his hands. He was just able to work harder than anybody else and maximize the talents he had. Hands down he is the best reciever in NFL history. If the top ten list was of the NFL players with the hardest work ethic or most competitive drive, then I would disagree if Jerry Rice was not listed as number one.

congrats you're the first seahawks fan i've talked to that has shown intelligence..i went to seattle last year and was informed that aaron curry is better than patrick willis
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

congrats you're the first seahawks fan i've talked to that has shown intelligence..i went to seattle last year and was informed that aaron curry is better than patrick willis

I talked to a few people about that myself last year. My opinion of that is that at this point in time Patrick Willis is hands down the better LB. However, that does not mean that in the long term Curry won't have a better career or be a better LB. I just think that this comparison would be easier to make if they were both at the same point in their careers.
Really? Its best hands, not recievers. Theres no way you should think Jerry has better hands than Larry. This list is legit. And Belitnikoff didnt cheat, it was allowed. That was the original version of todays recieving gloves. You guys are just being bitter. smh

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
at least they got number 1 right
  • jrg
  • Veteran
LOL!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Who cares who has the best hands, Rice is by far the best receiver of all time and has the records and rings to back that up.
Originally posted by YungAce:
i dont think he had the BEST hands but c'mon.... 7 ?! i'd say top 4

i agree, i would put him at 2. carter was amazing and i would keep him at 1.
Originally posted by Lava4:
Really? Its best hands, not recievers. Theres no way you should think Jerry has better hands than Larry. This list is legit. And Belitnikoff didnt cheat, it was allowed. That was the original version of todays recieving gloves. You guys are just being bitter. smh

You pulled up a two year old thread, dead for a year, to say this.

Feel better now?
Share 49ersWebzone