There are 159 users in the forums

NFL TEAMS WILL NOT PASS ON MIKE VICK'S TREMENDOUS TALENT NOW

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It would be cool to see Vick in the Wild Cat for the Niners, especially if he is unstoppable

Oh now that would go over well in the Bay Area. There are so many people that would have something to protest again.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Esco:
All I have to say about Vick is that a lot of players have done far worse and got off for much less then he did and returned to the NFL to continue their careers. He served his time and I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed the same opportunity as others.

/Vick talk

Can't really think of a player right now who did much worse than Vick, and was allowed to return to the NFL.

Leonard Little - Killed someone driving drunk. Has gotten a DUI or two since.

Honestly, I don't consider that much worse, since it wasn't his intentions of killing someone. Those kinds of mistakes happen all the time, what Vick did wasn't a mistake, what he did was organized crime.

he still took the risk of drinking and driving knowing that there is a slight chance of hurting someone in the act. stallworth is also on that list, and what about ray lewis ?

btw, michael vick was f**king awesome back that and i would love to have in the wildcat formation.. i thought it was funny how they only showed him passing twice in that video and it was towards the end

I'm in no way making excuses for Little or Stallworth, but again, their mistakes were unintentional and not organized. Do you think they wanted to kill someone??

And wasn't Ray Lewis more of an attempted murderer rather than thee murderer?? Sorry but can't really remember the crime scene right now will have to go back and review it. And regardless, I don't think Lewis was ever convicted of the crime, or else I think he would've been still in prison.
All I have to say about Vick is that a lot of players have done far worse and got off for much less then he did and returned to the NFL to continue their careers. He served his time and I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed the same opportunity as others.

/Vick talk

Can't really think of a player right now who did much worse than Vick, and was allowed to return to the NFL.

Honestly, I don't consider that much worse, since it wasn't his intentions of killing someone. Those kinds of mistakes happen all the time, what Vick did wasn't a mistake, what he did was organized crime.

he still took the risk of drinking and driving knowing that there is a slight chance of hurting someone in the act. stallworth is also on that list, and what about ray lewis ?

btw, michael vick was f**king awesome back that and i would love to have in the wildcat formation.. i thought it was funny how they only showed him passing twice in that video and it was towards the end

I'm in no way making excuses for Little or Stallworth, but again, their mistakes were unintentional and not organized. Do you think they wanted to kill someone??

And wasn't Ray Lewis more of an attempted murderer rather than thee murderer?? Sorry but can't really remember the crime scene right now will have to go back and review it. And regardless, I don't think Lewis was ever convicted of the crime, or else I think he would've been still in prison.

Lewis plead down to an Obstruction of Justice charge after he ratted his buddies out
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It would be cool to see Vick in the Wild Cat for the Niners, especially if he is unstoppable

Oh now that would go over well in the Bay Area. There are so many people that would have something to protest again.

I watch the games in a bar in NYC, could care less about what people in the bay area think.

I just want Vick in 3-4 plays a game in the Wild Cat.
the guy is a plague to any team he goes to, he will screw up again and i dont want him in sf regardless of talent
never liked him as a player, overrated IMO, liked him as a person till he did the dog fighting, i despise his ass, and will always despise him, just pray we have no part in him, dont want him as a niner.
I can't wait to see him back on the field.
I think most folks excuse STallworth, and Little b/c a lot of us do have drinks then drive and figure that it can happen to them. While what Vick did doesn't fit that category.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think most folks excuse STallworth, and Little b/c a lot of us do have drinks then drive and figure that it can happen to them. While what Vick did doesn't fit that category.

This is some F'ed up logic.
Originally posted by Chief:

I understand what he is saying, sort of.

A huge difference is that Vick didnt take away someones son, mother, sister, daughter, father, brother, or best friend (insert joke here)

Originally posted by Chief:

whats f**ked up about it?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

/Vick talk

Legally, yes. There's already a precedent too for that sort of thing: Eddie D. If an ownder can be banned like that, I don't see what a player would be any differnt. Everyone keeps bringing up Little, I would counter with 2 wrongs don'
t make a right and that happened on Tags' watch.

Correct. Well said.
Vick is a douche

/Vick talk

THAT, is the key to the whole Vick thing. People get caught up in the emotial part because of their feelings about dog fight and animal cruelity. However, the real problem is that he was running an interstate gambling operation, based on an illegal activity.

It is the same as racketeering or being a drug dealer. You are deliberately violating federal statutes with a long running underground business, which you knowingly fund and try to hide from the authorities.

It's not like he got in trouble because he just went to dog fights and/or supported them. From the second he got his rookie contract and had any money at all, he immediately and continually started running and funding an illegal operation.

And even after he was busted, he continued to lie about it to the NFL and the Falcons ownership. What he did was VERY deliberate and pattenly illegal. There is no excuse or justification for someone in his position running that kind of operation.

Regardless of how you feel about the dog fighting itself, he was the mastermind and bankroll behind an entire criminal venture. If his name wasn't Michael Vick, he'd be in jail for at least 10-20 years, if not way more.

How you can want or trust a guy like that on your team is beyond my understanding, espeically when in spite of his talents and numbers, he was never more than a flashy, but otherwise pretty average at best QB.
Share 49ersWebzone