There are 224 users in the forums

NFP's Lombardi on Singletary

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Mike Singletery is a GOD SEND for the 49ers.. he is just what we needed A LEADER

not only is a leader, he is a WINNER, and Hall of Famer. He has reached the top of the top from both a team and individual standpoint. Which in modern professional sports carries a lot of weight. He knows what each player, the team, and the organization needs to be successful.

Good times...

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Mike Singletery is a GOD SEND for the 49ers.. he is just what we needed A LEADER

not only is a leader, he is a WINNER, and Hall of Famer. He has reached the top of the top from both a team and individual standpoint. Which in modern professional sports carries a lot of weight. He knows what each player, the team, and the organization needs to be successful.

Well.. Maybe not.

He was a WINNER as a player but a total FAILURE as a HC.
Nothing Michael Lombardi says makes sense IMO. The guy is a pompous d-bag, who gets high off of the smell of his own farts.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Midwest49er:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Thank God I didn't post in this thread!
Originally posted by montananinerfan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by montananinerfan:
all i can say is that in my heart i know that bill walsh would approve of singletary as a coach. Just too bad he's not here to mentor him offensively.

I thought Walsh did mentor him somewhat. Didn't Sing meet with Walsh and pick his brain about his ideals on football and write EVERYTHING down?

I know that he did mentor him. but that was a while back. what i meant was walsh relaying specific idealisms and schemes on offense. such as the pass first offense (small gains) even with passing. quote from walsh: "we dont need any fancy moves from the tight end, a 4 yard gain if we got that out of the play it worked"

Walsh's offense wasn't so much pass first, using the pass as a form of a running game to try to get the player in open space pass the linemen and sometimes LB where they could then try to make big plays with the YAC. In order to do that you still had to run. Its just that Walsh didn't confine himself to having to run on first down. Clark Rice Taylor were all great after the catch. Only freddie solomon was more of a just a homerun bomb type of threat. Walsh taught his players not only how to run routes, but how to chose routes after the catch because of the team they were playing and the type of schemes they played.
As a person he is a good man, getting the most of a person he is also good, but a head coach has to have a good working vision and be able to let and trust people do their job. He forced the team to be predictable. There is a saying,
Know yourself and know your enemy
Find for naught in a hundred battles
Know yourself but not your enemy
Find victory and defeat in equal measures
Know your enemy but not yourself
find defeat at every turn.

At times he was the middle at others he was the latter, never the first.
For those who are now posting in this thread, look at the OP post date... it's two years old.

Don't fall for the necro-thread trick.

Share 49ersWebzone