There are 160 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
When Raider fans say they're more loyal than Niner fans lol

More like....

The Faiders must have set the record for tv blackouts because their fan base wouldn't attend games.
The Raiders were impressive last night. However, I have watched most of their games this season. Their D will not replicate that performance much if at all for the rest of the year. Dont let last night's performance fool you. Their defense is still food.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
horrible analogy. you're solely comparing the two cities (Oakland and St. Louis) which are the ones being vacated (in StL's case has already been vacated), while omitting to include their respective destinations:

Oakland =/= Las Vegas

same way that

St Louis =/= Los Angeles

In terms of economy, tourism and cachet Las Vegas trumps Oakland proper, even if the latter term is allowed the more generous environs of the East Bay. I won't let Oakland claim the entire Bay Area (which you seem to imply) as in almost any other debate, Oaklanders are vehemently secessionist from the rest of the Bay, especially San Francisco. pro-Oakland folks can't have both sides of the coin: be independently judged in one thing and claim the rest of the Bay's merits in another thing just because it suits an agenda

People who are raiders fans are not just in Oakland proper, they go out to Concord, Pittsburg, Antioch, Hayward, San Leandro, Richmond etc These are residents of the Bay Area. You think Tourism money will get people in the seats the same way people who are settled and live in the area will? It's not nearly the same. Vegas gets like 400 Thousand Chinese Tourists per year year. You think they will become devout Raider fans like the locals would? Vegas is going to be a failure because it's a transplant town with no real fan base.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kense:
People who are raiders fans are not just in Oakland proper, they go out to Concord, Pittsburg, Antioch, Hayward, San Leandro, Richmond etc These are residents of the Bay Area. You think Tourism money will get people in the seats the same way people who are settled and live in the area will? It's not nearly the same. Vegas gets like 400 Thousand Chinese Tourists per year year. You think they will become devout Raider fans like the locals would? Vegas is going to be a failure because it's a transplant town with no real fan base.

400 thousand in Chinese population visitors alone! They can buy tickets while visiting and that is some pretty good ticket sales from the "chinese" visitors alone.
How can you figure a pro team will be failure in LV. when they never had one before. We know for a fact it's a failure in Oakland and they keep giving it chances to fail over and over again. Raiders need a real home and the Raider Nation Fan base can join. I'm sure with over 40million visitors in 1 year they won't have any problem supporting the Raiders.
[ Edited by titan on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:48 PM ]
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
400 thousand in Chinese population visitors alone! They can buy tickets while visiting and that is some pretty good ticket sales from the "chinese" visitors alone.
How can you figure a pro team will be failure in LV. when they never had one before. We know for a fact it's a failure in Oakland and they keep giving it chances to fail over and over again. Raiders need a real home and the Raider Nation Fan base can join. I'm sure with over 40million visitors in 1 year they won't have any problem supporting the Raiders.

Most people visit Vegas in the Spring and Summer when it's not Football season, they go for the pool parties and all the summer activities that go on. Have you ever been to Vegas in the winter? It's pretty Dead. Outside of the Strip Vegas is a very poor run down dump. This will fail. I'm sure the main reason they have not had any teams until the recent Hockey team is because organizations realize it's a transient town that can't sustain a loyal fanbase.
Get your discount tickets !

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by titan:

Most people visit Vegas in the Spring and Summer when it's not Football season, they go for the pool parties and all the summer activities that go on. Have you ever been to Vegas in the winter? It's pretty Dead. Outside of the Strip Vegas is a very poor run down dump. This will fail. I'm sure the main reason they have not had any teams until the recent Hockey team is because organizations realize it's a transient town that can't sustain a loyal fanbase.

It's still pretty busy winter time they may not be out by the pool, but you can bet fools are gambling and going to events year round. They have MMA match, Boxing, Concerts , Shows, shopping etc... on the daily. I'm not sure where you get poor run down dump from, ghettos are everywhere, so if you are wanting to search for specific areas to look for run down dump Oakland maybe a good candidate. Between NFL Fans, Raider nation fan, 3 million people that lives in Nevada and tourism ticket sales won't be an issue.
Hope the raiders go into foxboro and avenge the tuck rule game, ending the pats run as we know it
Also, there absolutely will be more LA Raiders fans driving to Vegas for the weekend and game than there are going to Oakland.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
It'd be weird to go to a stadium with slot machines and tables everywhere, and how many Buffett's do you think there will be in the stadium? That'd be awesome.

Originally posted by Morgan49:
It'd be weird to go to a stadium with slot machines and tables everywhere, and how many Buffett's do you think there will be in the stadium? That'd be awesome.
inseat buffet app fo sho

and a year later they will just have monster trucks replace the players

derek carr is really good
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Go raiders go
I think officiating hurt the Texans at least twice. I thought HOU converted on that 4th down. Also, Carr might've moved early on the 4th and 1.
But, HOU's sloppy D really did them in. It's as if everyone had the wrong cleats.
lol they aint winning s**t
Share 49ersWebzone