LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Hope not. IMO Roman is the key component to the Niners offensive success.

Not at all. Roman might actually be what is holding the Niners back offensively.
It's been fun talking with ill informed Raider fans... They have no idea what's coming. The fans that do are very, very quiet, and not their usual smack mouth selves. They realize that the Raiders are at least another GM and head coach away from even being relevant. Would hate to be a Raider fan right now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
2 punters? FOR WAT!?

read option punt

who will the Long Snapper throw it to ?

Genius
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
2 punters? FOR WAT!?

read option punt

who will the Long Snapper throw it to ?

Genius

Two punters back there, which one will get the ball to punt it? The left or the right? "Mind-Bottling!" -Blades of Glory
Are they still a team???
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
will pryor rise to the occasion vs indy, or melt under the pressure?
This is why someone like Bill Walsh would probably never survive in TODAY'S NFL. Instant improvement is expected. There is no "three year plan." It's been replaced by "win or else."

In BW's first year, he stripped the 49ers bare. He essentially turned the roster over and rebuilt the team with his first draft, plus signed castoffs from other teams. In his first season, 1979, the great BW managed to win a total of two (count them) games.

The next season? 1980? More purges. More draft picks. The Niners won their first three games -- then went through a horrible nine game losing streak before winning three more. That nine game losing streak probably would have cost most coaches their jobs.

The third season? The Niners stumbled out of the gate to a 1-2 start. They looked God awful. And then? Finally? The magic happened.

Reggie should have turned the roster over sooner. It took him two years to do it when he should have dumped every malcontent that first year and lived with the results. But Mark Davis was pushing for "instant results," so he was forced to hang onto some of the dead wood and it hurt him. He finally got around to shoving the rest of the dead wood out the door this past off-season -- which is good for the Raiders in the long term -- but bad for Reggie's short-term job security.

Another bad move on Reggie's part was hiring Dennis Allen. He was too young, and worse yet, was not an offensive mind. It's the same mistake the 49ers made when we hired Mike NoWin. The dude simple could not call two offensive plays back to back. He lacked the ability. And when you can't run or create an offense? You're screwed beyond belief. Because the really good offensive minds you hire as offensive coordinators will not stick around for long. The position becomes a revolving door. We saw that happen with Alex Smith during the dark years.

Defensive coordinators, for the most part, do not make good head coaches. Yes, there are exceptions to this rule and I understand that. But offensive coordinators succeed far more at the top spot than DC's do.

Bottom line? The Raiders could surprise us with some decent play out of the QB position, but that defense is going to need four or five months together before it begins to jell and settle down. Look for the Raiders to get ripped pretty badly when the season starts. I think we'll see some shootouts. They might improve in the second half of the season, and I hope they do, as it will enhance long-term job prospects for both Reggie and Dennis. I'm not sure if Dennis is still the answer, but I really believe a coach needs three years to prove himself. In Oakland's case? Because Reggie took so long to tear things down, he may need an additional year. I don't know if he'll get it, but the Raiders are clearly in long-term rebuild mold.

Bottom line? I'd like to see the Raiders start winning again. I like the Silver and Black. I always have. If you came up during the days of Stabler, Casper, Branch, The Stork and so many others, it was impossible NOT to like the team. I'd like to see that again, rather than another lost season.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
"We Are 1 Major Injury To Peyton Manning From Being Excited Again!

I am sorry if this offends anyone, but I am wishing for a 1st game setback to Peyton just to make it interesting. Ya never know, but I do know we have no shot if he survives 16 games. Those are the facts. Maybe 4-5 games into the season Pryor will look a lot like RG III and Cam in a division that ends up weak as hell. Hey it might seem sick but we watch UFC and Boxing to see someone get the hell pounded out of them. All I really want to have happen is Peyton to be hit legal and not be able to play the rest of the season. He had his day. How many Raider fans would be more optimistic if it were to happen. How many? That's all."

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/200844-we-1-major-injury-peyton-manning-being-excited-again.html
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

I am sorry if this offends anyone, but I am wishing for a 1st game setback to Peyton just to make it interesting. Ya never know, but I do know we have no shot if he survives 16 games. Those are the facts. Maybe 4-5 games into the season Pryor will look a lot like RG III and Cam in a division that ends up weak as hell. Hey it might seem sick but we watch UFC and Boxing to see someone get the hell pounded out of them. All I really want to have happen is Peyton to be hit legal and not be able to play the rest of the season. He had his day. How many Raider fans would be more optimistic if it were to happen. How many? That's all."

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/200844-we-1-major-injury-peyton-manning-being-excited-again.html
HAHA wow glad im not a raiders fan......
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
al really messed up this team. they're about three years away from being good, but they need to fire the gm and coach after this season. reggie is not a sharp guy, doesn't project powerful leadership. the team's mess needs a very sharp guy to fix. the coach may know x's and o's, but he has no charisma, and seems more like the typical control freak than the field general who guys will fight for. that's my opinion.

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Yeah I was actually hearing the same type of classless b******t come flying out of this butterface Seahawks/Yankees fans mouth last night. I wanted to slap this silly b***h in the face for being so moronic. Same thing with Raiders fans, they are praying Nick Roach injuries someone from that division so badly. f**king classless moronic idiots who wear ugly jerseys and can't even name half of their roster because they are so bitter and jealous.
Originally posted by vermonator:
It's been fun talking with ill informed Raider fans... They have no idea what's coming. The fans that do are very, very quiet, and not their usual smack mouth selves. They realize that the Raiders are at least another GM and head coach away from even being relevant. Would hate to be a Raider fan right now.

Raiders fans will always be the most stupid breed of people ever. Have they always been this jealous over the 49ers??
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Originally posted by vermonator:

Raiders fans will always be the most stupid breed of people ever. Have they always been this jealous over the 49ers??

i dont understand how people that close to san francisco arent niner fans. they see how our franchise wins and gets better as theirs kinda stayed s**tty.
Those are some bitter, bitter people. I have a few family members that are Raider fans and the only time I see them smile is when 1) the Raiders win, which is almost never 2) the Niners lose, which also rarely happens these days. I mean it was like the Raiders won the damn SB when the Niners lost it last season. I heard about it for months! lol
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM ]
i think they were a great franchise at one point................
Share 49ersWebzone