LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
omg they suck so bad

They were trying to find areas of the team where they don't suck on knbr today.

f**king hilarious.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
You sir know hardcore NY Giants fans to a tee! "Maras gave the United States pro football, and Eddie Debartolo nearly killed it!"....

BTW, the Giants have beat us in two NFC Champ games, but also defeated us in two other playoff games ('85 wildcard, '86 divisional). We beat them in '81 and '84 to win it all, and ended their post season in '93 and '02.

The Cowboys/49ers playoff rivalry may have more games historically, but I tend to not count the pre-Walsh/Seifert era as much since I wasn't around back then. Also, when the Cowboys beat us, they were objectively speaking the better team and left little doubt on the field they deserved to win. '92 and '93 they were clearly better, and if they beat us in '81 it wouldn't have been a shock. The Cowboys haven't beat us in a meaningful game since January of 1994.

Outside of the '85/'86 Giants losses, I can't necessarily say the Giants were better than the 49ers in '90 and '11. When you couple the fact that both of those NFCCs involved late game fumbles and field goals, it further cements the case.

The Giants were just more fortunate. And that hurts way more to be honest.

Nothing would make me happier this year than for the Giants to be curb stomped at Candlestick in the NFCC.

Trust me, the Giants fans especially the ones from the "Bay Area" are the biggest a*****es I ever met. They aren't even from Jersey, and spending many summers on the NJ Shore with my family growing up back in the 90's you never saw a New York Giants fan once there. The whole rah rah rah Mara family b******t is that NY stock broker Wall Street entitlement. The 49ers to me represent the honest hard working guy that wants to relax and watch a game. The Giants? More like posh snotty entitlement way worse than the Steeler fans. Ravens fans are equally awful. I went to high school in Baltimore, and then college at University of Maryland(Home of Vernon Davis). Trust me they are insecure turds that still think it was a conspiracy to let us win in the superbowl. What I would give to watch us Curbstomp Eli Manning, and then destroy Flacco in a round 2 match up would be epic as all hell.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I know this may bother a number of you here, but I do not harbor much if any hate for the Raiders.

Primary reason is that I grew up outside SF most of my life, so a real life Raider fan I have never met (two sorta Raider fans....but not a true black and silver fanatic). So that aspect of the hatred I haven't experienced. On the flipside I have known many a NY Giants fan, and my hatred for them is greater than the average 49er fan if that's even possible, lol.

I submit that the league could actually benefit from a good Raiders team. They are a historic franchise from the '70s TV age of the NFL, and the fact that they are a Bay Area rival is pretty cool. There have been two opportunities for a 49ers/Raiders super bowl ('83 and '02)....

The organization is a mess from top down, which is why they will continue to have problems. They're easily the worst run team in the league, without question. Not sure if Davis, the son is the answer. The team might need to be sold to someone who could do it right.

I'm not hoping for a return to glory winning super bowls but seeing them come out of the cellar would be good for the NFL, IMHO.
Hahaha funny story about Raiders fans. So I attended an Orioles/A's game last weekend at Camden Yards and ended up drinking with a few A's/Raiders fans and one really really hot SF Giants/49ers fan who was from BOSTON!!!! HAHAHA! Oh my god it was surreal because the girl had class and was hot. Her friends? Total trailer park trash from Fremont, and looked like they belong at a ICP concert.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
2013 4th round pick Tyler Wilson cut? Only in Oakland...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
2013 4th round pick Tyler Wilson cut? Only in Oakland...

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
Tyler Wilson indicates he's stay in Oakland. Looks like they will keep 4 QBs barring a surprise trade
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP

#Raiders keep 2 punters. Haven't heard that one before
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN

#Raiders Among cuts are Andre Carter, David Bass, Richard Gordon,
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
McKenzie is going to lose his job, it's like the team is worse.

Prediction: their next gm hires Greg Roman as HC
Originally posted by teeohh:

Hope not. IMO Roman is the key component to the Niners offensive success. They'll have a tough time finding the right substitute.

That said, the Raiders aught ot be so lucky. I do believe that McKenzie is not a quality GM. Then again who would want to work for that mentally challenged owner? Really?

Too bad really. Unlike what seems to be the herd mentality on the WZ promoting hate, I actually like the Raiders and would like to see them succeed more than any team other than the Niners. Why Not? They are a Bay Area team. Don't understand all the hate. I support all the Bay area teams.

Shoot, I remember those years when the Niners were cr*p and the Raiders provided the good news for this region. Madden, Stabler, Plunkett, etc. Hell yea . . . I support the Raiders. Better than those cretans supporting the KC Chiefs.

Gotta admit though, their owner and FO makes me cringe. Kinda like the Joe Thomas era with the Niners Wish Davis would sell the team.
I don't hate the raiders...i just hate their ignorant, inbreeding, knuckle dragging fans. I felt bad for the Raiders until it was last year in the world series where this oakland raiders were clapping for detroit and wishing the Giants lose. If the roles were reversed, these a*****es would cheer us to lose. You know how many raider fans were happy about us losing the superbowl?

At any rate, I dont like their new gm. I think his biggest problem is that he got rid of apretty good coach IMO in Jackson. (well good for raider standards) I think they were 8-8 and they were a stop on third down away against the chargers to winning the afc west. That team wasn't that far off. I know that Jackson made the horrible Palmer trade but the guy deserved another chance with the team WITHOUT the gm duties. The Raiders are a much worse team than 2011 but Mckenzie deserves two more years to prove his worth.

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Hope not. IMO Roman is the key component to the Niners offensive success. They'll have a tough time finding the right substitute.

That said, the Raiders aught ot be so lucky. I do believe that McKenzie is not a quality GM. Then again who would want to work for that mentally challenged owner? Really?

Too bad really. Unlike what seems to be the herd mentality on the WZ promoting hate, I actually like the Raiders and would like to see them succeed more than any team other than the Niners. Why Not? They are a Bay Area team. Don't understand all the hate. I support all the Bay area teams.

Shoot, I remember those years when the Niners were cr*p and the Raiders provided the good news for this region. Madden, Stabler, Plunkett, etc. Hell yea . . . I support the Raiders. Better than those cretans supporting the KC Chiefs.

Gotta admit though, their owner and FO makes me cringe. Kinda like the Joe Thomas era with the Niners Wish Davis would sell the team.

I think it would be an in house or Stanford hire to replace roman (sleeper: Chris ault)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Raiders coaches have informed players that Terrelle Pryor will start at QB on Sunday, source tells me. Amazing. (@VicTafur 1st reported).
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Raiders coaches have informed players that Terrelle Pryor will start at QB on Sunday, source tells me. Amazing. (@VicTafur 1st reported).

What else are they gonna do. Pryor and an old-ass C. Woodson is about all they got goin' on.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't hate the raiders...i just hate their ignorant, inbreeding, knuckle dragging fans. I felt bad for the Raiders until it was last year in the world series where this oakland raiders were clapping for detroit and wishing the Giants lose. If the roles were reversed, these a*****es would cheer us to lose. You know how many raider fans were happy about us losing the superbowl?

At any rate, I dont like their new gm. I think his biggest problem is that he got rid of apretty good coach IMO in Jackson. (well good for raider standards) I think they were 8-8 and they were a stop on third down away against the chargers to winning the afc west. That team wasn't that far off. I know that Jackson made the horrible Palmer trade but the guy deserved another chance with the team WITHOUT the gm duties. The Raiders are a much worse team than 2011 but Mckenzie deserves two more years to prove his worth.

if it makes you feel any better my favorite non 49ers superbowl win was when tampa bay raped the raiders
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
2 punters? FOR WAT!?
Share 49ersWebzone