LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Raiders were super thin with draft picks I believe.

IMO, doesn't matter. You mortgage your future draft picks for a chance at the best QB in the draft.

but what is the point of taking the best QB in the draft if he cant succeed b/c the team around him is terrible?

You get the QB first then build around him.

IMO, doesn't matter. You mortgage your future draft picks for a chance at the best QB in the draft.

but what is the point of taking the best QB in the draft if he cant succeed b/c the team around him is terrible?

They already seen how that worked out from across the bay
The owner looks like one of the dudes from dumb and dumber.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

they haven't selected the right QB.
I think our rivalry with them has drastically diminished in the last year or so. I would say the Niners top rival without question is the Seattle. After that we have Oak, Arz, and Dallas. Maybe throw the Saints in there as well

How do you figure? Seattle and SF have been good teams simultaneously for a total of ONE SEASON. They are a rival by default because they're in our division, but we literally have almost no history with them. One season of fighting over the division does not make them a real rival. We fought with Dallas and GB over SUPER BOWLS, not just a division. Those are true rivalries. People are trying way too hard to make Seattle something that it simply is not. They're just another team in the division. This is a media-driven (and forced) rivalry. I still don't give a rat's ass about Seattle.

The raiders are rivals by proximity. They play what they claim to be "football" right in our backyard and we have to deal with their ridiculous fans daily. I know a total of 1 Seattle fan in real life.

And LOL @ "maybe throw the Saints in there as well." Why? Because of one good playoff game? Come on.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]

they haven't selected the right QB.

He's talking about us with Alex. WE didn't select the right QB.

The QB is the most important individual player on the team. If you think you can get a franchise QB, you get him and build around him.
Raider fans are still as obnoxious as they ever were, but it's kind of pathetic these days really. The Raiders are just so bad that you really can't take a Raider fan seriously anymore. To me, Raider fans have become kind of funny in a sad-funny kind of way. And the team? Wow. Davis is just a fatter, sillier and stupider version of Al.

Seahawks fans are working real hard to take over the mantel of "League's Most Obnoxious." But, I agree that the Seahawks as a team have a way to go before they rise to the level of some of the more epic rivalries the Niners have had in the past.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I think our rivalry with them has drastically diminished in the last year or so. I would say the Niners top rival without question is the Seattle. After that we have Oak, Arz, and Dallas. Maybe throw the Saints in there as well

How do you figure? Seattle and SF have been good teams simultaneously for a total of ONE SEASON. They are a rival by default because they're in our division, but we literally have almost no history with them. One season of fighting over the division does not make them a real rival. We fought with Dallas and GB over SUPER BOWLS, not just a division. Those are true rivalries. People are trying way too hard to make Seattle something that it simply is not. They're just another team in the division. This is a media-driven (and forced) rivalry. I still don't give a rat's ass about Seattle.

The raiders are rivals by proximity. They play what they claim to be "football" right in our backyard and we have to deal with their ridiculous fans daily. I know a total of 1 Seattle fan in real life.

And LOL @ "maybe throw the Saints in there as well." Why? Because of one good playoff game? Come on.

Much as I loath them, if you don't include the Giants it's like, meh.
Originally posted by English:
Much as I loath them, if you don't include the Giants it's like, meh.

Absolutely. The Giants have prevented the Niners from going to a Super Bowl twice. Only one other team has done that more - the Cowboys have done it four times. And, with both Giants losses, the Niners basically gave them the game at the end. And then there are the NY Giants fans - simply horrible. I actually think Cowboys fans have more class.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Saints and 9ers have had a rivalry...it's dated but they had one

Almost every year during the last golden age, those Saints games were always two of the hardest fought battles of the season. That Saints defense in the 80's was real good.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Almost every year during the last golden age, those Saints games were always two of the hardest fought battles of the season. That Saints defense in the 80's was real good.

Just imaging if we had that division now...maybe the toughest

No kidding. Rams, Saints and Falcons twice a year?! Ouch.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

No kidding. Rams, Saints and Falcons twice a year?! Ouch.

Even Carolina can give you fits if take them for granted

Once they left the division, the rivalry went with them. No1curr about them for over a decade now. That was strictly a division rivalry, but those games far outweigh the 2 games the 49ers have played against the Seahawks while both teams were actually good teams.
Share 49ersWebzone