The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Sure, why not. RT @ProFootballTalk: Raiders trade Terrelle Pryor to the Seahawks, per league source.

f**k....can our offseason get any worse?

Pryor is horrible. How exactly does this make our offseason worse?

Supposedly, the Niners were interested in trading for this fool, but clearly they didn't have very much interest. They could have easily topped the 32nd pick in the 7th round. They didn't feel Pryor was worth it.

So, please, tell me how this makes our offseason worse.

I think a great majority could get that comment as a sarcasm.

Trust me, there are plenty of people on here who think Pryor is (or will be) a good QB and they actually wanted to trade for him. Could be sarcasm, but based on other comments I've seen on these boards about this loser, it has as much (or more) of a chance to be a serious comment.

Just imagine what Harbaugh can do with Pryor, he's tall, and fast like Kaep, he would be the perfect back up imo. Better than that McBLT dude!

There's a reason why Seahawks grabbed him, they're smart! Meanwhile we've played this entire off-season sitting back in contentment. You either get better or you get worse, and we've gotten worse.

Bethea, and Brandon Lloyd?! lolol

I'm lowering my expectations this year. 9-7!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ugh, they're gonna whoop our ass this year. gonna be so embarass
Just imagine what Harbaugh can do with Pryor, he's tall, and fast like Kaep, he would be the perfect back up imo. Better than that McBLT dude!

There's a reason why Seahawks grabbed him, they're smart! Meanwhile we've played this entire off-season sitting back in contentment. You either get better or you get worse, and we've gotten worse.

Seriously, dude?
Originally posted by English:

Seriously, dude?

i'd take pryor as our backup over gabbert, i can see where he is going with that. but in reality if you're forced to play your back up you can win a game or two but you wont be winning it all. all that stuff about 9-7 and getting worse is pretty funny though. even if you actually thought we got worse you should still have confidence in the team and the coaches until they prove to you they cant win 10 games in a season.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Seriously, dude?

i'd take pryor as our backup over gabbert, i can see where he is going with that. but in reality if you're forced to play your back up you can win a game or two but you wont be winning it all. all that stuff about 9-7 and getting worse is pretty funny though. even if you actually thought we got worse you should still have confidence in the team and the coaches until they prove to you they cant win 10 games in a season.

Maybe not 9-7....but 10-6 without bowman for half a season!

This is truly the most unexciting off-season so far in Harbaugh's tenure. That is the flat out TRUTH.

Seriously, dude?

This is truly the most unexciting off-season so far in Harbaugh's tenure. That is the flat out TRUTH.

same things were said his first yr when we were in a lockout, brought back alex smith (a lot didnt like it) and let guys like clements, lawson, franklin, spikes etc go. people were flipping out we were a week into FA after the lockout and had only signed david akers. i'm not sure what kind of moves people expected this offseason.
Yes.. they do suck

Seriously, dude?

same things were said his first yr when we were in a lockout, brought back alex smith (a lot didnt like it) and let guys like clements, lawson, franklin, spikes etc go. people were flipping out we were a week into FA after the lockout and had only signed david akers. i'm not sure what kind of moves people expected this offseason.

IIRC, people had low expectations because of the lockout. Then the following year we signed Moss and Manningham and Jacobs which was a bit exciting, and I felt like we were really trying to get over the hump and we did in a sense cause we finally made it to the Superbowl...

This year is absolute ZERO excitement. We're just signed mediocre replacements.

Seriously, dude?

IIRC, people had low expectations because of the lockout. Then the following year we signed Moss and Manningham and Jacobs which was a bit exciting, and I felt like we were really trying to get over the hump and we did in a sense cause we finally made it to the Superbowl...

i think some of you guys are way too attached to name brand players. moss was out of football the yr prior, jacobs had 570 yards on 3.8 ypc. last year a guy like dan skuta who fits the 'mediocre replacement' label came in as a bargain bin FA and played very well when given some chances. if you have the money to afford the name brand FA's chances are you dont have too many talented football players already on your roster.

Seriously, dude?

i think some of you guys are way too attached to name brand players. moss was out of football the yr prior, jacobs had 570 yards on 3.8 ypc. last year a guy like dan skuta who fits the 'mediocre replacement' label came in as a bargain bin FA and played very well when given some chances. if you have the money to afford the name brand FA's chances are you dont have too many talented football players already on your roster.

You make good points. But I still think we should've went big for Desean Jackson. Look at the Seahawks, they went after Percy Harvin, and then BOOM, Superbowl champions!
[ Edited by verb1der on May 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]

You make good points. But I still think we should've went big for Desean Jackson. Look at the Seahawks, they went after Percy Harvin, and then BOOM, Superbowl champions!

The problem with this logic is that Jackson will command (and did!) a good lump of cash. From this regime, and started with the Nolan era, we have paid our OWN PLAYERS FIRST before paying an outsider that kind of cash. Seriously, when was the last time we threw out that type of money on a vet playing for the 49ers for the first time? It has been a while!

While Jackson's addition would have been a no-brainer, I just didn't see it happening based on what the FO's have done within the last ten years or so....

You can not build a team through FA anymore, look at the Eagles a few years ago people had them winning the Super Bowl because of their "exciting" offseason bringing in free agents. Free Agency should be utilized to bring in a few veteran skill guys to strenghten the depth of a position, the draft is where you build your team for the future and that is the philosophy that this FO has and it has been working. The 49ers are one of the few teams that have over 30 players on the team that was drafted by them, that is why we will continue to be successful. Paying tons of money for free agents is a temporary fix which will put the team in financial turmoil by the time its all said and done. I love how this organization is being ran, it's hard to complain with 3 consecutive NFCCG appearances.

Also, the Seahawks would have won the SB regardless of the Harvin signing, he barely played and did not have much influence over their season.

Also, Raiders suck! (keeping the post relevant to the thread)
[ Edited by eamjr10 on May 2, 2014 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:

The problem with this logic is that Jackson will command (and did!) a good lump of cash. From this regime, and started with the Nolan era, we have paid our OWN PLAYERS FIRST before paying an outsider that kind of cash. Seriously, when was the last time we threw out that type of money on a vet playing for the 49ers for the first time? It has been a while!

While Jackson's addition would have been a no-brainer, I just didn't see it happening based on what the FO's have done within the last ten years or so....

I agree with you, just too bad the Redskins are more excited than us right now.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Yes.. they do suck

Originally posted by kidash98:

I agree with you, just too bad the Redskins are more excited than us right now.

They are more excited than us RIGHT NOW, but that will not be the case come playoff time.

And oh yeah, the raiders still suck.
Share 49ersWebzone