LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
they should just go with Pryor.

IDK why teams fall for QB's that perform well in a game or two.

Flynn
Kolb
Cassel
Alex Smiff

GTFO of here.
Cassel at least played a whole season.
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
NY Giants fans act as if the Mara's are all business and pure class and will trash our team and ownership any chance they get. Cowboys fans and class? You ever meet a Cowboys fan from NorCal? Yeah class no way, more like total a*****e to the core.

You sir know hardcore NY Giants fans to a tee! "Maras gave the United States pro football, and Eddie Debartolo nearly killed it!"....

BTW, the Giants have beat us in two NFC Champ games, but also defeated us in two other playoff games ('85 wildcard, '86 divisional). We beat them in '81 and '84 to win it all, and ended their post season in '93 and '02.

The Cowboys/49ers playoff rivalry may have more games historically, but I tend to not count the pre-Walsh/Seifert era as much since I wasn't around back then. Also, when the Cowboys beat us, they were objectively speaking the better team and left little doubt on the field they deserved to win. '92 and '93 they were clearly better, and if they beat us in '81 it wouldn't have been a shock. The Cowboys haven't beat us in a meaningful game since January of 1994.

Outside of the '85/'86 Giants losses, I can't necessarily say the Giants were better than the 49ers in '90 and '11. When you couple the fact that both of those NFCCs involved late game fumbles and field goals, it further cements the case.

The Giants were just more fortunate. And that hurts way more to be honest.

Nothing would make me happier this year than for the Giants to be curb stomped at Candlestick in the NFCC.
I know this may bother a number of you here, but I do not harbor much if any hate for the Raiders.

Primary reason is that I grew up outside SF most of my life, so a real life Raider fan I have never met (two sorta Raider fans....but not a true black and silver fanatic). So that aspect of the hatred I haven't experienced. On the flipside I have known many a NY Giants fan, and my hatred for them is greater than the average 49er fan if that's even possible, lol.

I submit that the league could actually benefit from a good Raiders team. They are a historic franchise from the '70s TV age of the NFL, and the fact that they are a Bay Area rival is pretty cool. There have been two opportunities for a 49ers/Raiders super bowl ('83 and '02)....

The organization is a mess from top down, which is why they will continue to have problems. They're easily the worst run team in the league, without question. Not sure if Davis, the son is the answer. The team might need to be sold to someone who could do it right.

I'm not hoping for a return to glory winning super bowls but seeing them come out of the cellar would be good for the NFL, IMHO.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it should be fun watching LT virgin menelik watson and terrell pryor against seahawk defense thurs.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
it should be fun watching LT virgin menelik watson and terrell pryor against seahawk defense thurs.

Seahawks will win their 4th preseason game, believe the hype and lose to the Panthers
Originally posted by teeohh:
Seahawks will win their 4th preseason game, believe the hype and lose to the Panthers

I hope we lose by double digits tomorrow night. Not a single f**k given.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
after watching the first half against seattle, i think menelik watson has saved the raiders season. he can play left tackle. without that, they are history.
Safe to say Raiders will have their pick of Clowney or Bridgewater
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Safe to say Raiders will have their pick of Clowney or Bridgewater

even with a left tackle. but, their qb will make so many mistakes this season that they'll be luckly to win 5 games

I have many a cousins who are Raider fans and i don't usually poke fun at them, because they do enough damage as an organization on their own. But i must say on this forum only... they really- look - bad!

And it looks like Pryor is going to be named the starter. My prediction is they along w/ the Jets will be jostling for the #1 draft pick... maybe the Chargers too but i should probably stop... karma.
[ Edited by SFVNiner on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by xcfan:
after watching the first half against seattle, i think menelik watson has saved the raiders season. he can play left tackle. without that, they are history.

saved the season. lol

they gonna win 3-4 games
0-16 BOOK IT
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
saved the season. lol

they gonna win 3-4 games

oh, they'll be a bad team, for sure, but if barron was at LT the whole season, it would be beyond disaster.
Maybe the Raiders can find a place for Chilo Rachal. Chilo was just cut by the Cardinals.
[ Edited by ncninerfan on Aug 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone