There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where's your boy Quentin Groves at?

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,640
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If I had it my way we would've had Quentin Groves and Everett Brown.

Lol

what is so funny, if i had my way about it we would have had david boston

Seriously cc are you on here just to mock people??
what are you talking about? i am mocking myself. if there is a way to go back to the days of yore,, check my posts then. i was a huge supporter of bringing in david boston. was pretty sure it was right around the time alex got drafted and we had no wide outs.. i was all for signing him up. i wanted david boston and I was ok with bringing back dennis erikson for a second year with his own hand picked coaches Now kol if that is not manning up and admitting past regressions, I am not sure what is!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
what are you talking about? i am mocking myself. if there is a way to go back to the days of yore,, check my posts then. i was a huge supporter of bringing in david boston. was pretty sure it was right around the time alex got drafted and we had no wide outs.. i was all for signing him up. i wanted david boston and I was ok with bringing back dennis erikson for a second year with his own hand picked coaches Now kol if that is not manning up and admitting past regressions, I am not sure what is!!

God we had some appalling receivers around that time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,640
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what are you talking about? i am mocking myself. if there is a way to go back to the days of yore,, check my posts then. i was a huge supporter of bringing in david boston. was pretty sure it was right around the time alex got drafted and we had no wide outs.. i was all for signing him up. i wanted david boston and I was ok with bringing back dennis erikson for a second year with his own hand picked coaches Now kol if that is not manning up and admitting past regressions, I am not sure what is!!

God we had some appalling receivers around that time.
which is what made boston so appealing to me. i figured if we had that guy, he would make alex look good in his rookie year. well thats what i thought anyway . i remember getting pissed at someone for posting a picture of boston with these hulking steroid arms and then these little skinny legs. i told them they were f**king with the picture because no one , cept for karen carpenter, could have those types of skinny legs. I may be wrong english but I really do not think we had any decent wide outs till we signed bruce who was pretty good for one year? maybe battle but i really do not remember who they would have been( i am aware miss lloyd was on our team but my statement still stands)
Originally posted by cciowa:
which is what made boston so appealing to me. i figured if we had that guy, he would make alex look good in his rookie year. well thats what i thought anyway . i remember getting pissed at someone for posting a picture of boston with these hulking steroid arms and then these little skinny legs. i told them they were f**king with the picture because no one , cept for karen carpenter, could have those types of skinny legs. I may be wrong english but I really do not think we had any decent wide outs till we signed bruce who was pretty good for one year? maybe battle but i really do not remember who they would have been( i am aware miss lloyd was on our team but my statement still stands)

Battle was steady but nothing more iirc. We got some really dreadful ones. One day just to depress myself I will check out the list of utter losers we had. Bruce was a good player but most of the others were just embarrassing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 32,481
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If I had it my way we would've had Quentin Groves and Everett Brown.

Lol

what is so funny, if i had my way about it we would have had david boston

Seriously cc are you on here just to mock people??
what are you talking about? i am mocking myself. if there is a way to go back to the days of yore,, check my posts then. i was a huge supporter of bringing in david boston. was pretty sure it was right around the time alex got drafted and we had no wide outs.. i was all for signing him up. i wanted david boston and I was ok with bringing back dennis erikson for a second year with his own hand picked coaches Now kol if that is not manning up and admitting past regressions, I am not sure what is!!

I apologize cc for that comment I made, I took that the wrong way.

I was also for David Boston joining the 9ers too, I thought he would follow his old coach Jerry Sullivan.
The first article I ever read on the zone was about David Boston possibly coming over... I was all for it
Thankfully I was never on the Groves Bandwagon. I wanted Desean badly. Was so pi$$3d at the Balmer pick though. Still wonder what McNolan was thinking.
Groves is a tweener, could be the toughest position to get a read on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,640
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I apologize cc for that comment I made, I took that the wrong way.

I was also for David Boston joining the 9ers too, I thought he would follow his old coach Jerry Sullivan.

agree, that I think was the biggest thing that fueled that fire was that sullivan was with us then and boston would be a natural fit. were we ever that young??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,640
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cciowa:
which is what made boston so appealing to me. i figured if we had that guy, he would make alex look good in his rookie year. well thats what i thought anyway . i remember getting pissed at someone for posting a picture of boston with these hulking steroid arms and then these little skinny legs. i told them they were f**king with the picture because no one , cept for karen carpenter, could have those types of skinny legs. I may be wrong english but I really do not think we had any decent wide outs till we signed bruce who was pretty good for one year? maybe battle but i really do not remember who they would have been( i am aware miss lloyd was on our team but my statement still stands)

Battle was steady but nothing more iirc. We got some really dreadful ones. One day just to depress myself I will check out the list of utter losers we had. Bruce was a good player but most of the others were just embarrassing.
how about if we meet and do that research at the bar for depressed people? you know the one, the one where pictures of the titanic and michael dukakis in his army helmet are hanging on the walls
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,640
Originally posted by YungAce:
The first article I ever read on the zone was about David Boston possibly coming over... I was all for it

english makes fun of me when I refer to this but you note that only people with filled little red boxes are responding to david boston. that is really the only way you can tell you have been on the zone since its inception!!
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
Originally posted by YungAce:
The first article I ever read on the zone was about David Boston possibly coming over... I was all for it

Daaa-vid Boston..wow..what happened to that guy? I ,too ,had high hopes of signing him.

IMHO we didn't get a quality WR until we drafted Crabtree.
Texans just signed him.I seent it.

This guys' career still has a glimmer.