Where's your boy Quentin Groves at?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well Groves is available, so who knows.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
If I had it my way we would've had Quentin Groves and Everett Brown.

And Ken Dorsey at Qb.

Nope, we would've had Aaron Rodgers, Dorsey would've been my 3rd string QB with Hill at #2.

If I had it my way since 2005 it would've been:

2005 - Braylon Edwards and Aaron Rodgers

2006 - Michael Huff and Manny Lawson

2007 - Patrick Willis (although I wanted Adam Carriker and LaRon Landry. I guess you could cross out Landry since we selected Huff) and Alan Branch

2008 - Quentin Groves

Looks really close to what I wanted

2005- My mock went
1st-Braylon
2nd Marion Barber (a round higher than he actually went)
3rd Kyle Orton (round higher than he actually went)

2006-Huff/Lawson (Though if I was GM. I would have traded the #6 pick for Denver's #15 & #22 like it was reported they wanted before we ended up trading our 2nd and 3rd for the #22.)
In which case I wanted #15 Tye Hill or Jason Allen #22 Manny Lawson 2nd round pick traded for Javon Walker.

2007- Was still Butt hurt over the 06 draft I didn't follow, predict or care about the 07 draft. So

2008- 1st Groves
2nd Tracy Porter
"The way we hear it, second-year DE Quentin Groves has likely played his last game with the Jaguars. Groves has not lived up to expectations since Jacksonville traded up six spots to draft him in 2008, recording only 2½ sacks in 32 games. If Groves is cut, first-round pick DE Derrick Harvey will be the only remaining pick from a terrible Jaguars draft class in '08."

link

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
"The way we hear it, second-year DE Quentin Groves has likely played his last game with the Jaguars. Groves has not lived up to expectations since Jacksonville traded up six spots to draft him in 2008, recording only 2½ sacks in 32 games. If Groves is cut, first-round pick DE Derrick Harvey will be the only remaining pick from a terrible Jaguars draft class in '08."

link

Arm chair status is confirmed for many

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

link

Arm chair status is confirmed for many

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erReign:
If I had it my way we would've had Quentin Groves and Everett Brown.

And Ken Dorsey at Qb.

Nope, we would've had Aaron Rodgers, Dorsey would've been my 3rd string QB with Hill at #2.

If I had it my way since 2005 it would've been:

2005 - Braylon Edwards and Aaron Rodgers

2006 - Michael Huff and Manny Lawson

2007 - Patrick Willis (although I wanted Adam Carriker and LaRon Landry. I guess you could cross out Landry since we selected Huff) and Alan Branch

2008 - Quentin Groves

I love these.

I would have got.(absolutely no hindsight)

2005 - Ronnie Brown(and Frank Gore)
2006 - Jay Cutler, Nick Mangold(I posted for years that I wanted to draft Heitmanns replacement in the 1st)
But, I may have taken TE Marcedes Lewis here, I really liked him
2007 - Willis(I liked willis, carriker and revis, but because of Sing I would have taken Willis) and Alan Branch
2008 - Merling or Royal
Originally posted by ads_2006:
desean jackson man, thats who i would have picked

Me too. 90% of the people at the Draft Party that year were chanting his name when we picked Chilo Rachal instead. People were pissed. I was one of them.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
wheres balmer ? give them both another year and we'll see

Groves and Balmer have been a disappointment. Balmer is a solid backup but I expected them both to be quality starters. What a shame

Unfortunately, it looks like they're playing him at End. He should've been transitioned to linebacker, a la Orakpo.
05 I wanted rodgers

06 I wanted davis hella bad

07 I wanted p willy I was one of the few

08 I really dont remember

09 I was undecided
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Groves had a nice 37 yard INT vs. the Jets, if released, I'd love to see what he can do for us at OLB.
Groves had a nice 37 yard INT vs. the Jets, if released, I'd love to see what he can do for us at OLB.

Likewise brother man
I still think Groves could be a good OLB in the 3-4.
Share 49ersWebzone