• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!

There coach is a proven cheater, a fact that had a direct affect on them winning the Super Bowl several times. When he was not able to cheat, they lost!

This combined with the spotty investigation and presumed cover up to make sure the NFL didn't come out looking bad, puts the Patriots on a short list of sports all time biggest cheaters and of course makes them entirely over rated.

Tom Brady is the man

Yea it helps when your coach has illegally filmed your opponents practices, gaining valuable insight on defensive formations, audible, personnel packages, strategy's, and oh yea there play's!

Someone is a little bitter, im sure other teams have done this, they jsut didnt get caught so get over it, Tom Brady is the man

Bitter no, just stating facts.

If you weren't to busy blowing Tom Brady you would know that.

1- Was that comment really worth it ? That's gonna cost you 25% I bet.

2- The SB loss to the Giants had nothing to do with not being able to cheat. The Giants were outstanding in the post season and Eli took his game to a whole new level. They already had a great defense and as we all know "any given Sunday". The Pats simply were beaten by a team that relied heavily on it's solid defense and that were on fire going into the SB.

3- Without Tom Brady, BB still managed to win 11 games last year.

4- Without Scott Pioli, on paper the Pats had another good draft.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

There coach is a proven cheater, a fact that had a direct affect on them winning the Super Bowl several times. When he was not able to cheat, they lost!

This combined with the spotty investigation and presumed cover up to make sure the NFL didn't come out looking bad, puts the Patriots on a short list of sports all time biggest cheaters and of course makes them entirely over rated.

Tom Brady is the man

Yea it helps when your coach has illegally filmed your opponents practices, gaining valuable insight on defensive formations, audible, personnel packages, strategy's, and oh yea there play's!

Someone is a little bitter, im sure other teams have done this, they jsut didnt get caught so get over it, Tom Brady is the man

2- The SB loss to the Giants had nothing to do with not being able to cheat. The Giants were outstanding in the post season and Eli took his game to a whole new level. They already had a great defense and as we all know "any given Sunday". The Pats simply were beaten by a team that relied heavily on it's solid defense and that were on fire going into the SB.

uh oh common sense alert I can't hate the Pats they flat out have been getting it done. I mean they got Moss for a 4th rounder.

Tom Brady is the man

id respond to you but i have to go to Toms house

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Eagles every year somebody says watch out for the eagles as long as they have McNabb Blah blah..guy is a choker period.

You are 100% correct.
Cowboys by a landslide then philly
Cowboys, havent won in the playoffs since the late 90s

Bingo.
For this year it has to be the Cardinals!
The titans, i know they have probably the best defense, but they have one great year (possibly the best of the franchise) and everyone is on their nuts..puhlease

Begs to differ:

Originally posted by BobS:

And they have a over rated qb who does nothing but choke in big games.

exactly

correction. MID 90's.

Even better, no?

Tom Brady is the man

maybe you should look up the definition of "facts"
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Tom Brady is the man

haha, when you say Eli took his game to a whole new level, you mean he's figured out how to become an average qb finally! I'm sorry he will never be as good as his dad or half as good as his brother. kid won the superbowl alright why watching brady eat dirt.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jul 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
In Niner Talk or the United States?

^^^^^EASILY the most overrated team in the NFL.

Although the Pats are not overrated, they don't win with class. I'm sorry, but when you're up by 34 points against an inferior team and there's about 4 minutes left in the game and you call a deep post ON 4TH DOWN, that shows absolutely no class whatsover. They did that sort of thing about 4 times that I could remember that year they went 18-1. I cannot respect a team that is coached like that, I don't care how good they are.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:

Tom Brady is the man

maybe you should look up the definition of "facts"

The definition of "facts": A thing done.

You are right though, they were never convicted of filming practices, any evidence was destroyed buy the comish. On the the other hand the did cheat, that is fact.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338
"Belichick, however, accepted full responsibility "for the actions""

It funny how even Bill Belichick can except the "facts", but you guys cant.

I know the Pats are a very good team, and its not that I don't like the Pats I just don't like cheaters.
[ Edited by 49er4life on Jul 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone