LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 225 users in the forums

Carolina Panthers watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is how New England felt when they traded their pick for the Joe Staley trade. We all hoped it would be a bottom 20-25 spot, it was a top 8 pick. Although Staley has worked out, Balmer has been a big ?? if they kep that pick, they could have gotten whomever instead of Staley and got Ryan Clady the next year or Sedrick Ellis.

I think Scott learned by his mistake and rectified it this year.

Am I one of the only people who doesnt think that trade was horrible. Balmer is still improving and was a guy that was recognized as being raw to begin with. Its not like hes breaking the bank either as a top 10 pick would be. The team is now setup with a good Dline rotation and can afford an injury if it were to happen. Joe Staley was a good pickup, there is a reason he was extended for like 30 years.

No...I think it was a good trade.

People always talk about Balmer in this discussion and THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TRADE.

Yep. The Balmer pick came from the Colts. The Colts wanted Tony Ugoh in the 2nd round, and we got the Balmer pick (Colts 1st round, 2008) for our 2nd and 4th (or something like that)

We gave up our 2007 2nd in exchange for Indy's 2008 #1 and their 2007 #4, with which we picked Dashon Goldson.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is how New England felt when they traded their pick for the Joe Staley trade. We all hoped it would be a bottom 20-25 spot, it was a top 8 pick. Although Staley has worked out, Balmer has been a big ?? if they kep that pick, they could have gotten whomever instead of Staley and got Ryan Clady the next year or Sedrick Ellis.

I think Scott learned by his mistake and rectified it this year.

Am I one of the only people who doesnt think that trade was horrible. Balmer is still improving and was a guy that was recognized as being raw to begin with. Its not like hes breaking the bank either as a top 10 pick would be. The team is now setup with a good Dline rotation and can afford an injury if it were to happen. Joe Staley was a good pickup, there is a reason he was extended for like 30 years.

No...I think it was a good trade.

People always talk about Balmer in this discussion and THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TRADE.

Yep. The Balmer pick came from the Colts. The Colts wanted Tony Ugoh in the 2nd round, and we got the Balmer pick (Colts 1st round, 2008) for our 2nd and 4th (or something like that)

We gave up our 2007 2nd in exchange for Indy's 2008 #1 and their 2007 #4, with which we picked Dashon Goldson.

That's what I meant.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
lets go MIN
To make this day even worse, the Panthers are winning.
[ Edited by foreign49er on Dec 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM ]
f**k, I hate the Vikings. That's twice they screwed us this year.
Originally posted by strickac:

Nope, three times. The lamers lost to the Cardinals as well!

I wish them nothing but the worst in the playoffs.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Nope, three times. The lamers lost to the Cardinals as well!

It seems Brett the old man Favre seems just want to sabotage the 49ers.
worst week of football yet. Nothing we needed to happen to get us into the playoffs, did. then carolina beats the vikes???!!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Props to Moore though. He looks like a nice young prospect for the Panthers next season.

Wow really bad day

yup
I frickin' HATE Brett Favre.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Stupid Favre can't even win when i want him to
Here is the latest number of wins and remaining schedule of those teams that could impact or Carolina pick.

Team Wins Remaining teams play
Rams 1
Bucs 2
Lions 2
Browns 3
Chiefs 3
Redskins 4 Cowboys, Chargers
Raiders 5 Browns, Chargers
Bills 5 Falcons, Colts
Bears 5 Vikings, Lions
Seahawks 6 Packers, Titans
Panthers 6 Giants, Saints
49ers 6 Lions, Rams

Currently we are at the 11 & 12 pick in the first round would depend on flip of the coin with Seattle so could get 10 & 11. Currently 7 (Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Falcons, Texans, Titans, Jaguars) teams have 7 wins. If the Panthers and us both win out and those teams split with a win and loss are picks could drop to the 19th pick or further depending on how things finish out. We need Carolina to lose next 2 games to retain 1 high pick.
^^ haven't the eagles only won 5 games ?
Share 49ersWebzone