LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Carolina Panthers watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo63:
It should be a top 10 pick.

Could be 6 or 7! They are 5 - 8 with Vikings, NYG, and NO as their last three games. They might lose 11 games.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is how New England felt when they traded their pick for the Joe Staley trade. We all hoped it would be a bottom 20-25 spot, it was a top 8 pick. Although Staley has worked out, Balmer has been a big ?? if they kep that pick, they could have gotten whomever instead of Staley and got Ryan Clady the next year or Sedrick Ellis.

I think Scott learned by his mistake and rectified it this year.

He didn't learn anything. Carolina called us and offered next year's 1st. Scott didn't have to do anything.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dbdublin:
It should be a top 10 pick.

Could be 6 or 7! They are 5 - 8 with Vikings, NYG, and NO as their last three games. They might lose 11 games.

Yeah, but the teams ahead of them could also lose their last 3 games.
The moderators must be asleep.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=126077
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm hoping both our #1's will be top 10.
Staley was no mistake. The guy many pweople on this site Ugoh [sp] sucks and is riding the pine for the Colts.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Staley was no mistake. The guy many pweople on this site Ugoh [sp] sucks and is riding the pine for the Colts.

Is that a character attack on the Indigenous Pweople of Native America? The Pweoples have feelings too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Is that a character attack on the Indigenous Pweople of Native America? The Pweoples have feelings too.

LOL
I'm hoping both our #1's will be top 10.

didn't that happen for the redskins a few years ago when they took arrington and someone else?
This is how New England felt when they traded their pick for the Joe Staley trade. We all hoped it would be a bottom 20-25 spot, it was a top 8 pick. Although Staley has worked out, Balmer has been a big ?? if they kep that pick, they could have gotten whomever instead of Staley and got Ryan Clady the next year or Sedrick Ellis.

Am I one of the only people who doesnt think that trade was horrible. Balmer is still improving and was a guy that was recognized as being raw to begin with. Its not like hes breaking the bank either as a top 10 pick would be. The team is now setup with a good Dline rotation and can afford an injury if it were to happen. Joe Staley was a good pickup, there is a reason he was extended for like 30 years.

It will end up being a pick between 8 and 13 or so. We will have two picks in the teens...most likely.

I was hoping the Carolina pick would be higher, now I believe we will just have to take the BPA regardless of position.

However, OLB is no longer a gaping whole with Brooks developing. And, we can trade Lawson.
What is the Panthers current record?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
What is the Panthers current record?

5-8
Originally posted by walker807:

Am I one of the only people who doesnt think that trade was horrible. Balmer is still improving and was a guy that was recognized as being raw to begin with. Its not like hes breaking the bank either as a top 10 pick would be. The team is now setup with a good Dline rotation and can afford an injury if it were to happen. Joe Staley was a good pickup, there is a reason he was extended for like 30 years.

No...I think it was a good trade.

People always talk about Balmer in this discussion and THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TRADE.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by walker807:

No...I think it was a good trade.

People always talk about Balmer in this discussion and THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TRADE.

Yep. The Balmer pick came from the Colts. The Colts wanted Tony Ugoh in the 2nd round, and we got the Balmer pick (Colts 1st round, 2008) for our 2nd and 4th (or something like that)
Share 49ersWebzone