LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Carolina Panthers watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we should also keep track the other teams "competing" w/ Carolina for a top 5 pick. It seems like there are other teams out there that are trying intentionally to be horrible.
(just going by alphabetical orders)

1. Browns: 0-2
2. Buccaneers: 0-2
3. Chiefs: 0-2
4. Dolphins: 0-2
5. Jaguars: 0-2
6. Lions: 0-2
7. Panthers: 0-2
8. Rams: 0-2
9. Titans: 0-2
10. Raiders: 1-1

on that list though only the Rams, Lions, and Chiefs (c'mon they lost to the Raiders) are legitimately worse than the Panthers. Others there could turn the season around.

Bengals, Broncos, Hawks, and Redskins are also dishonorable mention....

And of those teams we have to figure out if they need a Qb. Rams, Jaguars and Dolphins look like the only ones who would take a Qb #1 overall.

Take out the dolphins on your list because parcell has a good track record of not taking a QB especially on the first round.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cheezus, now I know what the Pats were doing when they had our 1st round pick.
People were complaining about this trade on draft day saying it'll be a late 1st. Mark My words, and I said this then, Carolina's pick will be higher than ours.
Pains me to say this but go Cowboys!

Higher the pick the better chance we have at landing a stud qb.
Originally posted by ninermaniac:

Yup. One of the few times I'll root for the boys in blue. Another loss for the Panthers is another slot up in the draft.
I think this may be the first time I've ever rooted for the Cowboys. Weird, very weird...
Originally posted by ninermaniac:

I'm right there w/ you. I don't think we'll be going for the stud QB, but maybe a stud pass rusher?

the what pick will it be watch list: (a.k.a. bottom 15 flower rankings)

1. *Rams: 0-3
2. Chiefs: 0-3
3. Buccaneers: 0-3
4. Browns: 0-3
5. *Dolphins: 0-3
6. *Titans: 0-3
7. *Panthers: 0-2.....what Romo will they face tonight?
8. Lions: 1-2
9. *Raiders: 1-2
10. *Redskins: 1-2
11. *Seahawks: 1-2
12. Texans: 1-2
13. *Jaguars: 1-2
14. *Cardinals: 1-2
15. Bills: 1-2

*teams that may consider drafting a QB. 50/50

the Lions winning helps us for now. Titans and Dolphins should be better than that........Panthers should be cracking the top 5 soon. Russell and the Raiders could push us back out in the next few weeks though....
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:24 PM ]

5. Dolphins: 0-3
11. Seahawks: 1-2
13. Jaguars: 1-2
14. Cardinals: 1-2

*teams probably looking to draft a QB.

the Lions winning helps us for now. Titans and Dolphins should be better than that........Panthers should be cracking the top 5 soon. Russell and the Raiders could push us back out in the next few weeks though....

I don't see the Raiders looking at a QB. While Russell is still horrible I think it's too soon. I also think the Jaguars and the Seahawks could look at a qb. Jax already said they would like Tebow and Hasselback is old, but I'm not sure if they are grooming someone for the future.
i know that panthers losing helps us because we own their draft pick but i cant jsut bring myself to root for the cowboys, i really want the cowboys to lose i hate them so much.

Originally posted by teeohh:

5. Dolphins: 0-3
11. Seahawks: 1-2
13. Jaguars: 1-2
14. Cardinals: 1-2

*teams probably looking to draft a QB.

I don't see the Raiders looking at a QB. While Russell is still horrible I think it's too soon. I also think the Jaguars and the Seahawks could look at a qb. Jax already said they would like Tebow and Hasselback is old, but I'm not sure if they are grooming someone for the future.

yeah i know... davis isn't one to give in to fan pressure. but you know.... they're the raiders, you never know what they're gonna do.

but either way, if the panthers lose tonight we're still in good position to draft McCoy/Bradford. (i'd prefer McCoy, JMHO)
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4512135

Jones: Barber doubtful vs. Panthers
Originally posted by valrod33:
i know that panthers losing helps us because we own their draft pick but i cant jsut bring myself to root for the cowboys, i really want the cowboys to lose i hate them so much.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Pennington is out for the season. Add Miami as one of the teams who will be looking for a Qb in the draft.

ESPN.com
[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Pennington is out for the season. Add Miami as one of the teams who will be looking for a Qb in the draft.

ESPN.com

Yep. But first we got to see how Chad Henne does. He was a second round pick and this is his second(?) year. Just saying

Panthers starting 0-3 would be awesome..Eric Berry here we come
Share 49ersWebzone