LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Love Gore and want him to retire as a Niner but its hard to believe he'll retired with this organization, see Rice, Montana, and many more great players that bled for this organization but end up getting traded somewhere else. I think Gore might be the next victim of the use and abuse policy of the 49ers that'll get traded next year.

Very cut throat business, all s**tty days of niners past :(

No way Gore gets traded. I think the 49ers would ask him to reduce his salary to help the team resign the core players before they consider cutting him.

Especially if he can continue to contribute, he'd be such a great change of pace/3rd down pack vs. Lattimore and Hunter.
Love Gore and want him to retire as a Niner but its hard to believe he'll retired with this organization, see Rice, Montana, and many more great players that bled for this organization but end up getting traded somewhere else. I think Gore might be the next victim of the use and abuse policy of the 49ers that'll get traded next year.

Gore is an anomaly tho, hes getting better with age. Rice was declining and they had T.O., probably saw all the financial troubles coming up and let him go. Gore has given everything he had for this team, hes still in great shape and looks better than he ever has. its gonna be hard to ration carries between him, hunter , lattimore and james. gonna be really interesting to see what happens but i dont see gore playing in another jersey
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Gore is an anomaly tho, hes getting better with age. Rice was declining and they had T.O., probably saw all the financial troubles coming up and let him go. Gore has given everything he had for this team, hes still in great shape and looks better than he ever has. its gonna be hard to ration carries between him, hunter , lattimore and james. gonna be really interesting to see what happens but i dont see gore playing in another jersey

Im hoping he doesnt! Id love for him to not only go out on top, but be a niner lifer as well. Jed york said he would finish career last yr wit us. I hope this remains true!
Gore an anomoly aint that the truth! He's beasten this yr, when the message on wall says 30 = downhill franks still climbing
Goniners
Originally posted by GEEK:

No way Gore gets traded. I think the 49ers would ask him to reduce his salary to help the team resign the core players before they consider cutting him.

Especially if he can continue to contribute, he'd be such a great change of pace/3rd down pack vs. Lattimore and Hunter.

For the good of the team i can see a reduction or restructure as well. Willis and believe vd has already. Another possibility would prob be bowman. Aldon or kaep may even do a rodgers type deal thats hella great money but not a flacco bank breaker which weeds talent off the team. All possibilities and options will come to fruition eventually.
Now lets get gore 10,000+ sb and into the hall :)

Im hoping he doesnt! Id love for him to not only go out on top, but be a niner lifer as well. Jed york said he would finish career last yr wit us. I hope this remains true!
Gore an anomoly aint that the truth! He's beasten this yr, when the message on wall says 30 = downhill franks still climbing
Goniners
seriously man, i dont remember a back at his age being that dominant, he has never looked this good except for maybe the year with norv turner but thats because he had a ridiculous amount of carries. hes fresher this year and hes getting a bigger chunk of yards on less carries. the guy is just incredible. i hope he retires after a superbowl win in a few years. only thing that sucks is how stacked we are at RB with young, talented guys. they may want out if gore is still the man and we'll have to restock once he finally quits. i dont see gore as the selfish type who would keep playing even though hes a shadow of his former self but at the same time he wont quit just because hes older if he can still play.

Goniners
seriously man, i dont remember a back at his age being that dominant, he has never looked this good except for maybe the year with norv turner but thats because he had a ridiculous amount of carries. hes fresher this year and hes getting a bigger chunk of yards on less carries. the guy is just incredible. i hope he retires after a superbowl win in a few years. only thing that sucks is how stacked we are at RB with young, talented guys. they may want out if gore is still the man and we'll have to restock once he finally quits. i dont see gore as the selfish type who would keep playing even though hes a shadow of his former self but at the same time he wont quit just because hes older if he can still play.

If the day comes he cant produce i think he will walk away. I dont see it anytime soon neither. I agree gore's balling out this season. Tho there hasnt been a season where you could say he just dont look right. He has constantly produced, and he is on pace to top tds and have 2nd highest rushing yards in a season. He is playing ballsout at 30 and over 30 curtis martin comes to mind he did til think 34 i believe. Gore seems to have proven he dont mind splitting carries. Tho he is def best back on roster with a nice stable behind him. With gore hunter latimore james dixon even if gore was gone i have hard time seeing all them on roster 2 yrs from now with or with out frank. Teams purge our players, and if its believed all our back ups are gems then one would prob wanna test market. I like our stable we have! Each very talented with their own abilities. Roman could get very creative with them and has in the past :) this subjects depressing i love the roster we have :D
If the day comes he cant produce i think he will walk away. I dont see it anytime soon neither. I agree gore's balling out this season. Tho there hasnt been a season where you could say he just dont look right. He has constantly produced, and he is on pace to top tds and have 2nd highest rushing yards in a season. He is playing ballsout at 30 and over 30 curtis martin comes to mind he did til think 34 i believe. Gore seems to have proven he dont mind splitting carries. Tho he is def best back on roster with a nice stable behind him. With gore hunter latimore james dixon even if gore was gone i have hard time seeing all them on roster 2 yrs from now with or with out frank. Teams purge our players, and if its believed all our back ups are gems then one would prob wanna test market. I like our stable we have! Each very talented with their own abilities. Roman could get very creative with them and has in the past :) this subjects depressing i love the roster we have :D

even if gore
seriously man, i dont remember a back at his age being that dominant, he has never looked this good except for maybe the year with norv turner but thats because he had a ridiculous amount of carries. hes fresher this year and hes getting a bigger chunk of yards on less carries.the guy is just incredible. i hope he retires after a superbowl win in a few years. only thing that sucks is how stacked we are at RB with young, talented guys. they may want out if gore is still the man and we'll have to restock once he finally quits. i dont see gore as the selfish type who would keep playing even though hes a shadow of his former self but at the same time he wont quit just because hes older if he can still play.

That's not true at all, these last 5 games, Gore has the most carries he's ever had in that span( at least since Harbaugh took over as HC). If they keep up this pace he will eventually get worn down or possibly injured. Nobody wants that. Spell him more with the passing game and Hunter, we need him looking this good in the playoffs, not weeks 4-8.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:03 AM ]
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
seriously man, i dont remember a back at his age being that dominant, he has never looked this good except for maybe the year with norv turner but thats because he had a ridiculous amount of carries. hes fresher this year and hes getting a bigger chunk of yards on less carries.the guy is just incredible. i hope he retires after a superbowl win in a few years. only thing that sucks is how stacked we are at RB with young, talented guys. they may want out if gore is still the man and we'll have to restock once he finally quits. i dont see gore as the selfish type who would keep playing even though hes a shadow of his former self but at the same time he wont quit just because hes older if he can still play.

That's not true at all, these last 5 games, Gore has the most carries he's ever had in that span( at least since Harbaugh took over as HC). If they keep up this pace he will eventually get worn down or possibly injured. Nobody wants that. Spell him more with the passing game and Hunter, we need him looking this good in the playoffs, not weeks 4-8.

the most gore has carried in the last five games is 25 against AZ and 24 against Tenn. 20 at St Louis, 17 against Houston and 19 against Jax. thats hardly over use. maybe for teams who split backs and give their guys 6 or 7 carries each but gore, AP and the few other feature backs get these kinds of loads pretty often. Gore looks fresh as hell this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

the most gore has carried in the last five games is 25 against AZ and 24 against Tenn. 20 at St Louis, 17 against Houston and 19 against Jax. thats hardly over use. maybe for teams who split backs and give their guys 6 or 7 carries each but gore, AP and the few other feature backs get these kinds of loads pretty often. Gore looks fresh as hell this year

he should be fresh, thanks to roman, he had the first three games of the year off

that graphic is awesome
Gore the Whore
Wank for Tank
Fap for Kaep
Franklin Delano Gore
Share 49ersWebzone