There are 229 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Its gonna be a sad sad day when franks calls it quits.

Sad

He is killing it again, looks fresh, has the most 20 yard runs by a RB, yet we still keep posting like he's retiring. Geez. Let the dude make his own mind up. He isn't that old dudes.
The 49ers must have listened to those of us wanting to see #21 get some touches in the passing game because he was getting it in space out there and looked good galloping down the sideline doing it. We must keep feeding #21. As Frank goes, so do the 49ers!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Sad

He is killing it again, looks fresh, has the most 20 yard runs by a RB, yet we still keep posting like he's retiring. Geez. Let the dude make his own mind up. He isn't that old dudes.

no doubt, he's killing it and at this point I have all the hope in the world that he'll do it again next year. but still gonna be sad times when frank decides to hang em up. I HOPE he goes out on his terms with the big jewelry to boot.

go tank go!
The stories of his demise have been greatly exaggerated...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Its comical. Frank just keeps on dominating. Even with all he's accomplished he's still one of the most underrated running backs in the NFL IMO. Nobody has Frank's patience, and nobody has his vision. Frank's speed has never been about top end. I love his running style. He has a really low center of gravity and can almost run parallel to the ground at times and that's where his speed is. He can cut and run downhill while maintaining almost top speed. A lot of things make Frank special but that's one of the most underrated aspects of his game aside from pass blocking.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we could roll this quote out at least twice a year for the last three years
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I really think he's very smart in the way he works out. Also, the way he runs doesn't allow him to take big hits because he is able to drastically shrink the target defensive players have. I think that explains his longevity a great deal. I hope he has at least 1 or 2 more years left. The guy has been the heart and soul of this team.
I'm kind of worried that we may burn out gore before the post season. I know the guy is a machine but I think getting the other backs involved more will make him that much more effective come playoff time.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Did Harbaugh call Gire a "mystic" this morning?!?!?

He referred to him as a "mystical man" and said he loves him.

It was one of the better Harbaugh interviews - coach is very entertaining and eccentric.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Oct 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Sad

no doubt, he's killing it and at this point I have all the hope in the world that he'll do it again next year. but still gonna be sad times when frank decides to hang em up. I HOPE he goes out on his terms with the big jewelry to boot.

go tank go!

I thought last year he was the most evolved 49er vet. He really surprised me and he's doing it again this year. I'm actually more impressed with his ability in the last two years then any other stretch in his career.

Short term I love the idea of this being his Sunset season, but SB or not, don't know what anyone sees that says he doesn't have a few more years left.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Did Harbaugh call Gire a "mystic" this morning?!?!?

He referred to him as a "mystical man" and said he loves him.

It was one of the better Harbaugh interviews - coach is very entertaining and eccentric.

Coach is also well educated. He used the term correctly based on the quotes I read in Beerows' article.

I think Harbaugh studies a lot of religion and philosophy based on his past interviews.

I took a class on Jewish Mysticism at the UofA. Can I be eccentric, too?
Frank went 'mystical' on Harbaugh's ass after the lost to the Colts
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM ]
614 more yards before he hits the 10k mark. I hope he hits it in the last home game vs the falcons.
Share 49ersWebzone