There are 183 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Love me some Gore always. But the other RBs have to be as much of a threat. Team needs to conserve Gore throughout the season so hes fresh for the playoffs.

Hunter looked good late. Convert 1 (maybe 2, can't recall if the one was called back on a penalty) long 3rd downs on the ground. Need to get him going earlier. I think they were so concerned with establishing the run they just leaned on Gore because he was a "trusted agent".
This game was all about Gore! I kept yelling ...Gore-baby! I think it's been expressed enough--- but yes, where is the dissension now??

Frank is the man, although i don't mind it all when Hunter gives him a break-- that kid has reals skills...looks like he's learned well behind a future HOFer!
Frank may've lost a step, but he still knows how to get through holes and find open space. He put on a clinic last night...and gave proper cred to his OL that kicked butt all game. Would still like to see him used as a receiver more...he's got good hands and it's another way to get him into open space. Hunter's got excellent "quicks" and showed it on his TD run.
i wish they would pass to gore a little bit as well. he used to be a monster in the pass game too but they got away from it the last few years. either way its nice to see the old man kick ass still, he never had the break away speed to begin with but he still has the best vision and patience in the nfl as a runner and a great burst for the first 15-25 yards. next victim is houston, get em frank!!!
OMG , we have to get this man his Superbowl Championship. He is such a great all around back and teammate. He is a born leader of men. Very selfless but will take the game in his hands anytime.

I think a Superbowl victory would help his chances at getting a recommendation for The Hall--which if you're a 49ers fan, you have seen his greatness in many ways. I really hope we can cap off his great career with a title.

**can someone quote the tweet from Jeff Deeney, @PFF_Jeff, regarding Gore being rated #1 in the league in pass blocking. ...awesome stats that Gore puts on the field
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

These rumors emerge every year lol....always proved to be false
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

They are every single year. He starts off "slow", he's "lost a step". People never look at the big picture do they?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, where are the boneheads that said he was too old, too slow, needed to be replaced. Reveal yourself to us. Lol

This f**king guy...
So no one is hear about how they noticed he's lacking that burst or ready to quote the Bill Walsh better a year too early than a year too late way of handling personnel? The Gore doubters kill me.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Frank may've lost a step, but he still knows how to get through holes and find open space. He put on a clinic last night...and gave proper cred to his OL that kicked butt all game. Would still like to see him used as a receiver more...he's got good hands and it's another way to get him into open space. Hunter's got excellent "quicks" and showed it on his TD run.

I think because of Gore's great vision, he'll continue to be an effective back, even when there is a more significant decline. When we reach the point where there is a back that is clearly better than Gore, if he's willing to remain, I think he could still be effective in a backup role at 32, 33 years old.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
This f**king guy...

Is that Grant Cohn?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I think because of Gore's great vision, he'll continue to be an effective back, even when there is a more significant decline. When we reach the point where there is a back that is clearly better than Gore, if he's willing to remain, I think he could still be effective in a backup role at 32, 33 years old.

Absolutely. Not to mention he is about as good as they get as far as RB pass protection goes. There are so many things Gore brings to the table that arent even really talked about. He also reads defenses really well, and when Kap first took over, I remember Gore helping get him set, and get the right call at the LOS several times. Gore, even with his learning disabilities, is very brilliant when it comes to football IQ. He knows how to continue to be successful even if his physical gifts are not what they once were.
Gore looked quicker than years past in that rams game IMO he is a beast still

FEED HIM

some interesting numbers for Frank

5th in Rushing yards through 6 games
1st in runs of 20+ yards with 7
averaging 4.6 ypc

on pace for approximately 1,272 yards
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

some interesting numbers for Frank

5th in Rushing yards through 6 games
1st in runs of 20+ yards with 7
averaging 4.6 ypc

on pace for approximately 1,272 yards

Love it. Earlier this week Gregg Cosell was saying how Gore is running as well as he ever has. He talked about how he is able to find the smallest openings at the line and burst through the hole, rather than to the hole. He said great running backs have to be able to run like this in the NFL because in the NFL everything is about small spaces, rather than huge gaps, as is the case in college. Man I want us to win a Super Bowl for Gore so badly. The guy absolutely deserves it.
Share 49ersWebzone