LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gotta love this guy. i hope we never let him go. IDGAF if his numbers go down in the next couple years, he needs to retire a niner.

If anything, I would like him to mentor Lattimore before retiring.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Gore in the I-formation is almost unfair, why we go away from this is I'll never know!

I don't understand it either. It is successful nearly everytime the 49ers use it.
More I-Formation, less Pistol.
Gore in the I-formation is almost unfair, why we go away from this is I'll never know!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Underlying his success last night, was the play of Bruce Miller. Bruce was awesome in helping to open the running lanes for Frank.

Great night for Miller all around, getting him in the passing game as a check down was a missing element. I posted before, if we were not going to use Miller like a true fullback, and an offensive threat we should eliminate the position. Last night the coaching staff, put Miller to work, and he rose up like a champ! More Gore, more Miller, more power!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gotta love this guy. i hope we never let him go. IDGAF if his numbers go down in the next couple years, he needs to retire a niner.

If anything, I would like him to mentor Lattimore before retiring.

This. This. And THIS, dammit!
Hey, where are the boneheads that said he was too old, too slow, needed to be replaced. Reveal yourself to us. Lol
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Hard not to love the Tank. I am still concerned about Seattle's Defense, but that had to be more scheme than anything else. Has anyone else ever noticed that when Frank get's it going he hardly ever slips or falls. When the offensive is struggling he tends to slip during a cut. Maybe I am crazy, but I always seem to recognize this.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, where are the boneheads that said he was too old, too slow, needed to be replaced. Reveal yourself to us. Lol

love it when he proves me wrong!!!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I don't understand it either. It is successful nearly everytime the 49ers use it.

I so hear that, and he is a great player......Not to take away anything from Kaepernick or any of the WRs, but because of injuries and not having WRs who can consistently get open or who are not synchronized with the offense yet, I don't believe that the 49ers can operate an offense that is almost purely built off of passing. It kinda reminds me of the 49ers the year after the last SuperBowl win, when Ricky Watters went to another team, they were so one dimensional and defenses knew all they had to do was to make the passing game for them difficult, via double covering Rice and Taylor or bringing in another pass rusher to force Young to release the ball early and force a lot of 3 and outs, which is what I am seeing out of the 49ers offense when going to primarily a passing offense. I think in running Gore also, it will also open lanes up for Kaep to run if he needs to, its a win/win situation. I think the 9ers down the road will be able to pass better, but as far as passing primarily, it will be difficult. The other issue that I am seeing is that the 49ers struggle when it comes to running from the shotgun, I think that is something that has to be gone away from for a while, it seems 95% of the plays when running from that formation, almost always results in no gain to a negative gain.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

this has been and always will be the truth, we are a running team . its when the f**king nutty professor runs amuck is when things get f**ked up., JH has got to keep roman on a short leash or get rid of his ass. for the love of god,, stop f**king with what is working. you run that type of offense and we can be 7-2 at the break easy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i do not think that garbage will ever stop. it has dogged him every since he hurt his knees in college. you know people will start it up again after this year because they think and assume the kid we drafted can easily step in. sheesh

Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Gore kept proving his detractors wrong.

People should keep attacking Kaepernick on twitter. That motivational tactics worked.
Love me some Gore always. But the other RBs have to be as much of a threat. Team needs to conserve Gore throughout the season so hes fresh for the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Love me some Gore always. But the other RBs have to be as much of a threat. Team needs to conserve Gore throughout the season so hes fresh for the playoffs.
thanks to roman the retard, gore got plenty of rest in the first three games so he should have plenty of juice for the rest of they year
Share 49ersWebzone