There are 153 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Confirmed fake.
I lose.
@CamInman

Another fake #49ers twitter account: @RealFrankGore, as team confirmed. His only handle is on the pigskin.
Poor Bowman he seems to fall for fake teamates twitter accounts all the time.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Poor Bowman he seems to fall for fake teamates twitter accounts all the time.

like he doesn't have gore's phone number....
Originally posted by xtm059:
@CamInman

Another fake #49ers twitter account: @RealFrankGore, as team confirmed. His only handle is on the pigskin.

I shoulda known better
Is this Frank Gores last year as a 49er? Lattimore will be healthy for the 2014 season. Will we give PT to 4 running backs in 2014 and be able to keep all 4 guys happy?

For the last few years people have been talking about how Frank Gore is almost done and he's slowing down. I haven't seen that what so ever and I think Frank can still play another 2-3 pro bowl caliber years at the ages of 30, 31, and 32.

Does drafting Lattimore, signify the end of Frank Gore? Or do we keep playing him as long as he continues to play at a high level? Or if he does continue to play at a high level do we think about trading him and getting value for him while we can?

Personally, I hope that Frank is a 49er until he retires and think as long as he stays playing at a higher level than the other running backs, he should remain the starter. I think this should be Frank's job until he's being out performed. I would just hate to see Gore not end his career as a 49er and be pushed out the door in favor of younger guys just for the fact that they are younger.

What say you?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Is this Frank Gores last year as a 49er? Lattimore will be healthy for the 2014 season. Will we give PT to 4 running backs in 2014 and be able to keep all 4 guys happy?

For the last few years people have been talking about how Frank Gore is almost done and he's slowing down. I haven't seen that what so ever and I think Frank can still play another 2-3 pro bowl caliber years at the ages of 30, 31, and 32.

Does drafting Lattimore, signify the end of Frank Gore? Or do we keep playing him as long as he continues to play at a high level? Or if he does continue to play at a high level do we think about trading him and getting value for him while we can?

Personally, I hope that Frank is a 49er until he retires and think as long as he stays playing at a higher level than the other running backs, he should remain the starter. I think this should be Frank's job until he's being out performed. I would just hate to see Gore not end his career as a 49er and be pushed out the door in favor of younger guys just for the fact that they are younger.

What say you?

As far as Jed, Trent, Jim, Frank and even Denise are concerned, Frank Gore is a 49er for life. Some players are the unspoken designated franchise player because of what they represent and have done for the organization. Frank Gore is that guy over the last decade and it isn't even close. He will coach, scout or whatever for us when he is done as he will always have some sort of a capacity here
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
Te quiero Gore
Gore is signed through 2014. Two more years left.

2014 may be his final year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Gore is signed through 2014. Two more years left.

2014 may be his final year.

Gotta get a ring for Frank. Don't care if he's on the team, running one more play, on one leg. Frank getting a ring in the SB.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

What say you?

As far as Jed, Trent, Jim, Frank and even Denise are concerned, Frank Gore is a 49er for life. Some players are the unspoken designated franchise player because of what they represent and have done for the organization. Frank Gore is that guy over the last decade and it isn't even close. He will coach, scout or whatever for us when he is done as he will always have some sort of a capacity here

i have a hard time with this. i realize after his playing days he'll be around in some sort of fashion. but theres gonna be a time when the 49ers want to move on, be it next year or the year after. if someone offers frank some money to play, he should take it, he'll never have a chance to make that type of money again. this 49er for life stuff sounds cute, until the team wants to play the other guys and some other team is willing to offer him some money even if it is the vet minnimum.
I love Frank but they didn't draft Lattimore to watch for 3 seasons.
If Frank continues to play at 2012 level in 2013 he's definitely the starter in 2014.
Originally posted by captveg:
If Frank continues to play at 2012 level in 2013 he's definitely the starter in 2014.

Since Lattimore will not play in 2013, or will maybe get a snap or two late in the season in a finished game, frank will be the Starter comming into 2014.
The real question ist 2015.
I could see giving Lattimore more snaps on typical Gore downs in 2014.
The big four headed RB monster Gore, Lttimore, Hunter, James :droool:
Share 49ersWebzone