There are 244 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Muggins:
It's a dress code rule. Deal with it. It's kind of dumb but if they let players dress how they want it would get ridiculous. Antonio Bryant would be sagging his ass crack out all game long. Does he even play anymore btw?

NFL is so cray
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would be pretty ticked if I was a player and got that fine. How much did Frank Gore make in that game? Playoffs are paid differently, so I think it was a substantial part of his paycheck.
Aldon got the same hosejob when he went hoseless against the Bears on MNF....

$$$ = worth the 5 sacks and 2 TDs
I dont know why people get upset over this, The players know the rules and are obviously ok with paying the fines or else they wouldnt do it
10 grand though! ..... I bet you if the NFL donated all of those fines to charity, they wouldn't even bother. I don't care if I wore a chicken suit to the game, there is no way you should be fined more than a man who "punched" a dude in the face after the game. Smh....
  • fryet
  • Veteran
It isn't the same thing as choosing to wear different shoes on purpose. Maybe Frank Gore had something else on his mind other than pulling up his socks each play?

I found this out on ESPN:
"San Francisco 49ers players earned $40,000 for their participation in the NFC Championship Game. "

So basically 25% of his paycheck was docked for a uniform violation. Personally,I think he earned the full 40k in that game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by STNiner:
10 grand though! ..... I bet you if the NFL donated all of those fines to charity, they wouldn't even bother. I don't care if I wore a chicken suit to the game, there is no way you should be fined more than a man who "punched" a dude in the face after the game. Smh....

The player chooses which charity the fines are donated. The NFL does not make money on the fines. You would think otherwise, based on how frequently they are sent out, though.
Brady not fined for potentially causing injury to player.

Gore fined for wearing socks too low
Pay the fine Jed!

the nfl is like my old catholic high school haha
You can high kick a guy while sliding with no repercussions but you can't lower your socks if they get itchy, from, i dunno, sweat?
I think it has more to do with greed, maybe I am wrong, but all the uniforms including the socks is provided by a sponsor so the league may doing this to make sure the sponsor gets their visible props. Although, I hope gore keeps it down, just speculation but sweaty legs and no socks may help just a tad when the D tries to tackle below the knee-slippery without socks?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You can high kick a guy while sliding with no repercussions but you can't lower your socks if they get itchy, from, i dunno, sweat?

Just announced Brady fined $10K for the slide kick.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
QB Tom Brady fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness in the AFCC

RB Frank Gore fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low in the NFCC

Socks. More dangerous than unnecessary roughness.
Share 49ersWebzone