LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Disp:
Yep. Not saying there is anything wrong with Gore, because there's not; he's beasting it up this year. I'd just like to see more Hunter and see what he's capable of with a heavier load.

The role he is playing right now is perfect for him. More carries would make him less effective imo
Originally posted by vrabbit:
people get too caught up on Gore not being a freakish athlete, he is a very effective RB and arguably the best RB in the history of this franchise, folks need to recognize and stop being so disrespectful with silly posts

I've always thought he was an outstanding athlete. Not sure why no one else sees it that way. He may not be a blazer but the fluidity he displays when making moves in traffic is like no other back in the game right now.
cut him
Keep mixing it up with Hunter, add Jacobs get LMJ involved - AFTER we've secured a 3 score advantage in a game and then keep Frank fresh
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Keep mixing it up with Hunter, add Jacobs get LMJ involved - AFTER we've secured a 3 score advantage in a game and then keep Frank fresh

I agree. When we are up by 21 +, we should definitely reduce Frank's carries.
Highest YPC of any RB in the NFC right now and a full yard higher than Lynch. Oh yeah also is the second leading touchdown scorer in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&tabSeq=0&season=2012&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&conference=0015&statisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=true
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Frank Gore has such good vision....I do think he's lost a step (speed & breaking tackles), but he thrives in s system that allows him to use vision rather than brute force. Not suprised he has the highest YPC in the NFC. I can't imagine what he would look like if he had Harbaugh in his early years....HOF....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Frank Gore has such good vision....I do think he's lost a step (speed & breaking tackles), but he thrives in s system that allows him to use vision rather than brute force. Not suprised he has the highest YPC in the NFC. I can't imagine what he would look like if he had Harbaugh in his early years....HOF....

Not only the NFC, only CJ Spiller has a higher YPC among qualifying rushers in the NFL. To your point, I never saw Gore as a big speed guy or tackle breaker even back in 06. He's always made his living with his vision and the ability to put a move on DBs in space
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Not only the NFC, only CJ Spiller has a higher YPC among qualifying rushers in the NFL. To your point, I never saw Gore as a big speed guy or tackle breaker even back in 06. He's always made his living with his vision and the ability to put a move on DBs in space
Gore was a tackle breaking machine his first couple of years. He never went down by the hands of one defender....some of his runs through piles of defenders are legendary. Not sure if someone has some good vid on him, but he doesn't have the same power he had. Speed was never his game, but he did seem to be in the secondary a lot more in the past.....I could be wrong on that.
Gore was a tackle breaking machine his first couple of years. He never went down by the hands of one defender....some of his runs through piles of defenders are legendary. Not sure if someone has some good vid on him, but he doesn't have the same power he had. Speed was never his game, but he did seem to be in the secondary a lot more in the past.....I could be wrong on that.

He had a lot of nice plays plays where he broke tackles on big runs but he was far from a tackle breaking machine. A good comparison is that you could look at a Barry Sanders highlight reel and find many clips of him breaking tackles and escaping piles on long runs, but he wasn't regarded as a great tackle breaker. I consider guys like Stephen Jackson and Michael Turner elite tackle breakers and guys like that usually have a low YPC

Gore is off to by far the best start of his career this year so I'm not gonna split hairs on whether or not he's broken into the secondary more this year than in years past but he is leading the league in 10 yard runs so that should say something
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM ]

He had a lot of nice plays plays where he broke tackles on big runs but he was far from a tackle breaking machine. A good comparison is that you could look at a Barry Sanders highlight reel and find many clips of him breaking tackles and escaping piles on long runs, but he wasn't regarded as a great tackle breaker. I consider guys like Stephen Jackson and Michael Turner elite tackle breakers and guys like that usually have a low YPC

Gore is off to by far the best start of his career this year so I'm not gonna split hairs on whether or not he's broken into the secondary more this year than in years past but he is leading the league in 10 yard runs so that should say something

His vision and Harbaugh and Roman's scheme is a perfect marriage. Beats beating his head up the middle....
His vision and Harbaugh and Roman's scheme is a perfect marriage. Beats beating his head up the middle....

Its incredible how long Gore was able to remain productive with the way the used him year after year. Not only did they ram him into the line of scrimmage every play, but they never even tried to disguise it. Had Gore been paired with Harbaugh his whole career I think we'd be talking about him on the same level as guys like Curtis Martin or LT
The OLIne and play-calling are so much better this year.

He'll be more fresh at playoff time.
But but but hes overrated and lost a step and we should trade him and

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Oct 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone