LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'll come back to this thread when he's retired and signs a one day contract...clearly people in here are thinking like fans and not what's best of the team.

Not worth debating

Totally Agree...
Originally posted by valrod33:

Weapon!
So we're making up excuses for a 35 yr old RB now? Like I've said, did we have some magical OL back when Frank was in his prime? Nope but he kicked ass. Did we have a great QB? nope.

Being nostalgic doesn't win games end of the day. That's what I want...who the f**k wants to see Frank Gore get 4 carries a game and sit the bench cause that's what will happen.... So we roll into 2018 with Gore/Breida/Williams that' a damn joke.

This is an amazing RB draft classes and people are willing to let top-end young talent slip by, so they can root for Gore and his 4 carries a game for a yr? Huh?

This is why fans don't run football teams lol..thank the lord.

give him his 1 day contract and retire a niner.

Why do you hate frank?

Frank will be in on 20 - 25 snaps a game. Everybody is ok with that except you. You keep pretending hes coming back here to be #1 back. You're on mars. Why do you hate Frank so much?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Why do you hate frank?

Frank will be in on 20 - 25 snaps a game. Everybody is ok with that except you. You keep pretending hes coming back here to be #1 back. You're on mars. Why do you hate Frank so much?

The reality is that if Frank doesn't deserve to play, then he won't make the team. Management isn't going to gift him a roster spot just because of his legacy here. They don't owe him anything, Lynch and Shanny weren't here when he built his legacy.

There's almost nothing to lose in bringing him back, except maybe a couple million in guarantees at most, maybe not even that much depending on the market for him. Basically a drop in the bucket relative to our cap situation.
Originally posted by Zealot:

Weapon!

This doot running with a boner??

Why do you hate frank?

Please tell me where I said hate Frank??? I've stated over and over and over he's one of my all-time favorite 49ers. I still rock my Gore jersey buzzy.

I'm simply not being a homer 49er fan with him, like a lot of people in here are.

You think Gore wants to get 4 carries a game? You want to watch him ride the bench? Who's spot does he take on the roster? How does getting older not younger at a position where YOUTH is probably one of the most important traits help this team? You want to bypass this talented RB rookie class, so we can have a spot for a 35 yr old RB? Nah dude I want this team to be good and good for a while. I will put my homerism aside and be realistic.

Bring him in as a coach/scout hell yeah, bringing him in to appease a couple fans is stupid and not beneficial of this team.

Nothing about that means I "hate" Frank Gore.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 26, 2018 at 7:11 AM ]
Originally posted by znk916:
Why do you hate frank?

The reality is that if Frank doesn't deserve to play, then he won't make the team. Management isn't going to gift him a roster spot just because of his legacy here. They don't owe him anything, Lynch and Shanny weren't here when he built his legacy.

There's almost nothing to lose in bringing him back, except maybe a couple million in guarantees at most, maybe not even that much depending on the market for him. Basically a drop in the bucket relative to our cap situation.

There's a roster spot that could be used to draft a good young RB that will be part of this team past training camp.
  • dj43
Given the commitment to youth and the future, it is pretty clear that Shanahan is not going to give a roster spot to a RB who likely will only be here one year at the most.

Fighting the odds to bring Gore here for 10-15 touches/game does not make any sense at all. Neither does bringing him here as a coach. Shanahan already sent Rathman away in favor of his own guy, he isn't about to bring in a completely untested RB coach.

Gore will sign a one day contract to receive his due accolades and retire.
Lol @ fans who always want to bring back older aging guys for sentimental reasons or hire them as coaches. Most great players arent good coaches. Most great coaches didnt play or were average journeyman types.

Gore will be a Niner this upcoming season. Book it!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Lol @ fans who always want to bring back older aging guys for sentimental reasons or hire them as coaches. Most great players arent good coaches. Most great coaches didnt play or were average journeyman types.

so true. players who were students of the game are great coaches. people like rice and montana would make terrible coaches. their brains do not think the same way as ours. they think everyone should be as great as they were and that is not possible. nate davis excluded of course
  • dj43
Originally posted by crabman82:

The good ones had to study the intricacies of the game in order to make the most of their relatively limited physical abilities.

Gore would appear to be an exception. Many former players and coaches have talked about his understanding of the game and how focused he is. Having listened to him being interviewed on a number of occasions, I would question how well he could communicate with some players.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

gonna be a great scout for us Gore even talked about wanting to be a scout after his football career is done.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

gonna be a great scout for us Gore even talked about wanting to be a scout after his football career is done.
He also said he's definitely playing in 2018...
Share 49ersWebzone