There are 300 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Let's stop pretending Franks still in his prime.

Huh? You think we want him back because he's 26 again? Wha?

Yea he's a broken down hunk a junk that's even slower than he was when he left here.

And he's started the last 48 games.

And he STILL gets yards wrigglin behind butt cracks and knee braces.

And he STILL tap dance past ILB's while HYDE tries to run over their face mask.

Yea. He needs to come back. Come back home.

Yeah on a 1 day contract to retire that's about it.

Yup he wiggled his way to 3.7 ypc those past 3 yrs, that's not gonna get it done.

You want to win games or do you want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol? What a joke...I for one don't want to see a 35 yr old gore getting like 4 carries a game and riding the bench because that's what will happen. Let him retire a niner AND not as a bench player.

Time to be realistic people.

these last two posts fall into the cc category of i love frank but of course these guys are right

i only agreed with brodie when he said frank is no longer in his prime and he only needs to come back home to retire.

I get that you guys don't want Frank here which is fine, but you guys are just being straight disrespectful and ignorant of his circumstances in Indy.

In 22 games /w Luck:
357 att, 1,445 yds, 4.1 ypc, 7 tds
52 rec, 375 yds, 7.2 ypc, 4 tds
1,820 yds from scrim, 11 tds

In 26 games w/o Luck:
427 att, 1,508 yds, 3.5 ypc, 6 tds
49 rec, 414 yds, 8.4 ypc, 2 tds
1,922 yds from scrim, 8 tds

16 game average /w Luck:
260 att, 1,051 yds, 4.1 ypc, 5 tds
38 rec, 273 yds, 7.2 ypc, 3 tds
1,324 yds from scrim, 8 tds

16 game average from 2011-2014 (post broken hip):
268 att, 1,165 yds, 4.4 ypc, 7 tds
18 rec, 150 yds, 8.3 ypc, 1 td
1,315 yds from scrim, 8 tds

This is before even getting into all the OL issues (I know about their elite run blocking in 2016, that is entirely due to Ryan Kelly, their 1st round pick center who missed most of 2017) and playcalling issues. There is a post on reddit today about how the Colts literally ran 100% of the time with the lead in the 4th unless they were in 11 personnel with 3WRs. I am not exaggerating when I say Colts offense minus Luck reminded me of our '07 offense, the only difference being TY Hilton blowing up several times a year against trash secondaries and being invisible the rest of the time.

Some lowlight recaps for his 3 yrs in Indy:
7 different QBs, 4 were out of the league by 2016, and Tolzein should be too
9 starting OL combinations in 2017
7 starting OL combinations in 2016, 34 rookie starts
7 starting OL combinations in 2015, 6/9 OL already out of the league

TLDR I have no problem if you don't want to bring back Frank, but don't trash his ability to still play without acknowledging the constant s**tshow he had to deal with in Indy.
Originally posted by znk916:
I get that you guys don't want Frank here which is fine, but you guys are just being straight disrespectful and ignorant of his circumstances in Indy.

In 22 games /w Luck:

In 26 games w/o Luck:

16 game average /w Luck:

This is before even getting into all the OL issues (I know about their elite run blocking in 2016, that is entirely due to Ryan Kelly, their 1st round pick center who missed most of 2017) and playcalling issues. There is a post on reddit today about how the Colts literally ran 100% of the time with the lead in the 4th unless they were in 11 personnel with 3WRs. I am not exaggerating when I say Colts offense minus Luck reminded me of our '07 offense, the only difference being TY Hilton blowing up several times a year against trash secondaries and being invisible the rest of the time.

TLDR I have no problem if you don't want to bring back Frank, but don't trash his ability to still play without acknowledging the constant s**tshow he had to deal with in Indy.

Tell those hyenas some TRUTH!!!

You should want him back though. We have plenty of scrubs we can cut.
Just to be candid, Frank is one of those guys you always pick first when choosing sides in the sandlot. Just one of those guys.

He can play football in the NFL until he decides to sell blenders for a living.

In 22 games /w Luck:

In 26 games w/o Luck:

16 game average /w Luck:

So we're making up excuses for a 35 yr old RB now? Like I've said, did we have some magical OL back when Frank was in his prime? Nope but he kicked ass. Did we have a great QB? nope.

Being nostalgic doesn't win games end of the day. That's what I want...who the f**k wants to see Frank Gore get 4 carries a game and sit the bench cause that's what will happen.... So we roll into 2018 with Gore/Breida/Williams that' a damn joke.

This is an amazing RB draft classes and people are willing to let top-end young talent slip by, so they can root for Gore and his 4 carries a game for a yr? Huh?

This is why fans don't run football teams lol..thank the lord.

give him his 1 day contract and retire a niner.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

In 22 games /w Luck:

In 26 games w/o Luck:

16 game average /w Luck:

So we're making up excuses for a 35 yr old RB now? Like I've said, did we have some magical OL back when Frank was in his prime? Nope but he kicked ass. Did we have a great QB? nope.

Being nostalgic doesn't win games end of the day. That's what I want...who the f**k wants to see Frank Gore get 4 carries a game and sit the bench cause that's what will happen.... So we roll into 2018 with Gore/Breida/Williams that' a damn joke.

This is an amazing RB draft classes and people are willing to let top-end young talent slip by, so they can root for Gore and his 4 carries a game for a yr? Huh?

This is why fans don't run football teams lol..thank the lord.

give him his 1 day contract and retire a niner.
He's better than Hyde....today. To come home he might sign a 1year vet min deal so cost won't be an issue. We'll probably draft a kid and have an incredibly inexperienced RB group so he'll add leadership. He's still the best pass blocking RB in the NFL something young RB's struggle with. He's still very consistent and a guy you can count on when the pressure is high, something rookies haven't learned or proven. He's a fan favorite in the bay area still and considering how empty the stadium has been since he left will provide a boost to the area.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's better than Hyde....today. To come home he might sign a 1year vet min deal so cost won't be an issue. We'll probably draft a kid and have an incredibly inexperienced RB group so he'll add leadership. He's still the best pass blocking RB in the NFL something young RB's struggle with. He's still very consistent and a guy you can count on when the pressure is high, something rookies haven't learned or proven. He's a fan favorite in the bay area still and considering how empty the stadium has been since he left will provide a boost to the area.

Hyde isn't on the team in a couple days so who cares? I would bet he'd retire before taking a vet min...please show me all the old vets shanahan went after in FA at RB? It doesn't happen...I wouldn't be shocked if gore retires as he should.

Come back get that one yr deal and join the scout or coaching staff.

But if you want to dream it up go ahead lol...I'm being realistic. I want good YOUNG playmakers, nostalgia doesn't win games.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol at the parts in slow motion
Right now on this team who is a better open field ruuner than frank 0f

Hyde isn't on the team in a couple days so who cares? I would bet he'd retire before taking a vet min...please show me all the old vets shanahan went after in FA at RB? It doesn't happen...I wouldn't be shocked if gore retires as he should.

But if you want to dream it up go ahead lol...I'm being realistic. I want good YOUNG playmakers, nostalgia doesn't win games.

frank

• jcs
  • Veteran

He's only had one offseason and went after 31 year old Tim Hightower

Interesting, totally forgot about that.

Btw Breida did an AMA on reddit today, take a look at some of what he had to say.
What traits do you think make a RB a good fit in Shanahan's offense?
BREIDA: A back that has great vision, can catch the ball and is not afraid to block.
Can you describe what it's like to search for a 'crease' in the defense on a zone run (or any run) at the pro level?
BREIDA: It's all about patience.

Because Hightower knew his system...and he made it how far into training camp lol? Go look at the teams he was part of and his RBs go look at Mike Shanahan's sorry dude it's not gonna happen...and it shouldn't.

We might as well call up Rice while we're at it lol

It's about winning games not reliving old days. Football is a young mans game especially at RB.
I'll come back to this thread when he's retired and signs a one day contract...clearly people in here are thinking like fans and not what's best of the team.

Not worth debating
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Because Hightower knew his system...and he made it how far into training camp lol? Go look at the teams he was part of and his RBs go look at Mike Shanahan's sorry dude it's not gonna happen...and it shouldn't.

We might as well call up Rice while we're at it lol

It's about winning games not reliving old days. Football is a young mans game especially at RB.
Rice is 55...that being said he had a 1,200 yard receiving season at 40.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 23, 2018 at 8:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone