LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The more and more i think about it. Why not?? At First i was like. NO but then why not?? 49ers Have Cap Space, They have MB,Williams who is an unknown at this Point. And Hyde who i think they should bring back but at this point its a 20-80 that they wont bring him back.So why not Gore. Jeeeez even Brock went back to the Broncos. LOL. Shany is a smart guy im sure he can put in a package or 2 for Frank.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Bring Gore back as a player/coach. he could teach our young RB the importance of blocking

Someone on Locked On 49ers mentioned that when Frank retires he wants to get into scouting.
I would love to see the tank again
No thanks
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Its not gonna happen. Deal with it
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No thanks

Don't you mean "no tanks"

It's a great idea, except he's old, never could run east west well, not a great receiver, and would bring back lots of memories of the dark days...so yeah, now that I put it that way....no tanks!
I say sign him if no one else will so he can get the 34 yards or whatever it is he needs to get to 4th all time in rushing yards. Can't let him retire so close to that milestone.

Not to mention, didn't he have a solid year last year? If not then nevermind. Hope someone signs him though as it seems he still has some left in the "tank."
Even if Gire?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Couldn't have said it better

Nah I disagree. It would be a good business decision (great for the fans of Gore) but a bad football decision. This is the one time I would willingly sign someone who doesn't fit with the team because its just Frank Gore we are talking about. Having said all this it is not happening lol.

This+++++

Dylan Deshmo-----
I'll take Gore all day and tomorrow. Excellent piece to teach these young RB patience.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I'll take Gore all day and tomorrow. Excellent piece to teach these young RB patience.

Still the best pass blocker in the NFL. Reliable in situational football. Did I mention Cheap compared to what a Hyde is going to get.

This is not a single back team or system. Gore will come in and be part of a group of guys that will be counted on to fill a specific individual role.

The other part of it is the boost this team will get in reconnecting to the fans they've alienated for the last few years.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Couldn't have said it better

Agreed

This this this. When he's ready to retire sign him to a one day contract so he can retire as a Niner (if he wants). Otherwise, niner fans will always be grateful for the Frank Gore era.

arite f**k it I changed my mind bring him back
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:

Still the best pass blocker in the NFL. Reliable in situational football. Did I mention Cheap compared to what a Hyde is going to get.

This is not a single back team or system. Gore will come in and be part of a group of guys that will be counted on to fill a specific individual role.

The other part of it is the boost this team will get in reconnecting to the fans they've alienated for the last few years.

I watched him run last year... Looked like he was still running Frankie style and was surrounded by a horrible team.

Anyways I don't think he does come and that's okay. I hope he stays in the AFC, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Patriots just to make things interesting lol.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 22, 2018 at 1:36 AM ]
5 to 7 carries a game 15 to twenty plays mostly as stone pass blocker. Some route running and decoy. Shanny will make it work. Thats why he da man.

And we get fwankie back!! Frick paraag.
LETS PUT THE FRANK GORE THREAD BACK IN NINER TALK!!!
Share 49ersWebzone