Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
As much as I love Frank, the problem with players like him is they'll always want to be the "the man." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he'd have a hard time only getting less than 10 carries a game.

You're wrong.

"Whatever role they want me to play — if it's a starter or coming in to help whatever back — I want to do it," Gore said.

When did he say that? I happily stand corrected.

Right at the end of the season. He went on to say he'd have to have a real role. He wouldn't want to just be a vet presence who never plays in games but as long as he has an actual role he wants to play. Even as a backup.

Basically, as long as he has a few packages and gets a handful of carries he is good to go. He wouldn't want the Harrison/Steelers role where Harrison played like 16 plays in 12 weeks.

I'm good with 5-7 carries and plays some 3rd down as a blocker. Other RBs could learn so much and 5-7 carries gives Gore 80-120 on the season which would get him 300-600 more yards. That easily gets him 4th all-time.

Sign Him Up!!
I'd take Gore, Brieda, Williams backfield. Let him finish his career the right way.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I'd take Gore, Brieda, Williams backfield. Let him finish his career the right way.

And Coleman 2019
Come back for a year Frank
please god baby jesus alah etc etc we sign frank back even if its in a limited role!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by DonaldTrump on Feb 21, 2018 at 12:13 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Come back for a year Frank

Why would the 49ers do that?
Couldn't have said it better

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nah I disagree. It would be a good business decision (great for the fans of Gore) but a bad football decision. This is the one time I would willingly sign someone who doesn't fit with the team because its just Frank Gore we are talking about. Having said all this it is not happening lol.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Him finishing his career the "right way" would be him lifting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season. As much as I am hopeful for our team moving forward, I am not hopeful enough to say we are going to win a title next season.
Best thing to do is to have Jed call Gore and tell him that we are not able to bring him back as a player but will definitely sign him to hang his jersey up. I wouldn't mind if we signed him though. Great for the locker room and team.

Bring him back! Gore for more! He's still better than any of the current RBs.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Bring Gore back as a player/coach. he could teach our young RB the importance of blocking
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Bring him back! Gore for more! He's still better than any of the current RBs.

But he's not better than half the free agents and most of the draft prospects...people b***hing about bringing in a 32 yr old guard, a 29 yr old CB, but want to bring in a RB who's gonna be 35 come the 2018 season smh

Holy s**t people...move on lol. No one said you can't wear your frank gore jerseys still. Make him an assistant coach, sign him to a contract for a day so he retires in SF. Having him out in the field isn't gonna help this team in what we all want....a SB.

FWIW he's one of my all-time favorite Niners but I want the best possible players out there and at this point in his career he's not.

What a joke
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 21, 2018 at 2:41 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Agreed
Originally posted by Hopper:

Agreed

This this this. When he's ready to retire sign him to a one day contract so he can retire as a Niner (if he wants). Otherwise, niner fans will always be grateful for the Frank Gore era.
Share 49ersWebzone