LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm still down to bring Frank back. I don't care if he doesn't fit the team system. He's the one player I would make an exception for to possible make the team "worse". He could be a good goal line back still obviously.

I don't see a downside. Other than Jed has to part with some money.

$115mm in cap space Jed... Get Frank back for one more year.

One more year
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm still down to bring Frank back. I don't care if he doesn't fit the team system. He's the one player I would make an exception for to possible make the team "worse". He could be a good goal line back still obviously.

I don't see a downside. Other than Jed has to part with some money.

$115mm in cap space Jed... Get Frank back for one more year.

One more year

5-7 carries a week to keep him fresh for the playoff stretch
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 27, 2018 at 1:21 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Still better than Hyde
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Still better than Hyde

i love frank but moving forward we must look to the future and i like the guy from the browns as the player hyde never could be. cheaper to
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jcs:
Still better than Hyde

i love frank but moving forward we must look to the future and i like the guy from the browns as the player hyde never could be. cheaper to

I hope he gets a chance with another team he is one of those rare Darrell Green/Jerry Rice/Warren Moon types where their age doesn't affect their play in their later years
Perhaps Frank will re-join Alex in Washington, but I don't know that'll help him get a ring. I could see him going to Seattle though, or backing up Gurley in LA. Might even go to Dallas (would be really hard to watch him there...), but Morris' contract is up.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 2, 2018 at 6:08 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Perhaps Frank will re-join Alex in Washington, but I don't know that'll help him get a ring. I could see him going to Seattle though, or backing up Gurley in St. Louis. Might even go to Dallas (would be really hard to watch him there...), but Morris' contract is up.

He is coming home dude. One more year.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Perhaps Frank will re-join Alex in Washington, but I don't know that'll help him get a ring. I could see him going to Seattle though, or backing up Gurley in St. Louis. Might even go to Dallas (would be really hard to watch him there...), but Morris' contract is up.

He is coming home dude. One more year.

Inside zone packages for Frankie. Lego.

Ehem Los Angeles lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ehem Los Angeles lol

It's a year later and my mind still has STL set to default, good grief...

To punish myself, I will write "BEAT LA" 1000 times.

Perhaps Frank will re-join Alex in Washington, but I don't know that'll help him get a ring. I could see him going to Seattle though, or backing up Gurley in LA. Might even go to Dallas (would be really hard to watch him there...), but Morris' contract is up.

As much as I love Frank, the problem with players like him is they'll always want to be the "the man." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he'd have a hard time only getting less than 10 carries a game.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
As much as I love Frank, the problem with players like him is they'll always want to be the "the man." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he'd have a hard time only getting less than 10 carries a game.

No way. Frank has always been a team first guy
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

You're wrong.

"Whatever role they want me to play — if it's a starter or coming in to help whatever back — I want to do it," Gore said.
Originally posted by DaBum:

You're wrong.

"Whatever role they want me to play — if it's a starter or coming in to help whatever back — I want to do it," Gore said.

When did he say that? I happily stand corrected.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:

You're wrong.

When did he say that? I happily stand corrected.

Right at the end of the season. He went on to say he'd have to have a real role. He wouldn't want to just be a vet presence who never plays in games but as long as he has an actual role he wants to play. Even as a backup.

Basically, as long as he has a few packages and gets a handful of carries he is good to go. He wouldn't want the Harrison/Steelers role where Harrison played like 16 plays in 12 weeks.

I'm good with 5-7 carries and plays some 3rd down as a blocker. Other RBs could learn so much and 5-7 carries gives Gore 80-120 on the season which would get him 300-600 more yards. That easily gets him 4th all-time.
Share 49ersWebzone