LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im just looking forward to FA and the chance he could come back. Why? Cause it's fun and there is a chance even if chances arent great. I can see him wanting to play in this offense and try to get us back in the playoffs.

Low dosage,high quality carries.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Greatest niner ever. EVER!

Of the past 17 years anyways.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Im just looking forward to FA and the chance he could come back. Why? Cause it's fun and there is a chance even if chances arent great. I can see him wanting to play in this offense and try to get us back in the playoffs.

Still Smoking | Nice Dreams

I'm with u tho
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Greatest niner ever. EVER!

Of the past 17 years anyways.
Or rather Greatest 49er RB EVER!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Still Smoking | Nice Dreams

I'm with u tho

Lol.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Some idiot wrote an article talking about why Frank Gore does not belong in the Hall of fame. He said that Gore was never the top at his position and never even led the league in rushing. What this idiot didn't take into account was that Gore was on some bad teams and Gore never got the number of carries that other backs would receive because we were down a lot in games.

What you should look at his yards per carry to really see how good a back is and Frank Gore has averaged more yards per carry over his career then Emmitt Smith did. Gore has averaged 4.4 yards per carry compared to Emit Smith's 4.2 yards per carry. And Smith was playing behind way better offensive lines. Imagine if Gore was on those Cowboys teams? He'd have far more yards all time than Smith.

And we decided to put that article on the front of the web zone. There was another stupid article recently by some dude hired by Yahoo saying Frank was your typical average plodding back with a long career nothing special nothing spectacular but average for a long time what an idiot. I can't believe guys like that actually get paid money to write about football I forget to dude's name it was very insulting to Frank
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Dec 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM ]
Jason Owens for Yahoo. That's the clown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/frank-gore-passes-marshall-faulk-jerry-rice-career-yardage-milestone-043238172.html
How old is Frank ... 34. Just incredible. Taking all those hits as a RB and still going strong at 34. Incredible. You can see he is still effective. No as quick on the cut to bounce outside as before, but he was never a bouncer, just head down inside. Greatest inside runner.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How old is Frank ... 34. Just incredible. Taking all those hits as a RB and still going strong at 34. Incredible. You can see he is still effective. No as quick on the cut to bounce outside as before, but he was never a bouncer, just head down inside. Greatest inside runner.

Frank had the ability to make himself tiny before finishing a run that has protected his body over the years from taking the same kind of abuse Hyde sees looking for contact. It has allowed him to stay healthy and maintain his health all these years. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play another season...he's got Staley's support if he were to come back too...

Money quote:
"It'd be awesome. It'd be amazing," Staley said when asked if Gore could fit with the 49ers' present regime.

"Frank's a guy that's one of a kind. Someone so talented. Puts up the stats and everything you ask from a running back. The attitude he had every single day was just professional. That's something that would be very beneficial to any locker room."

#BRINGBACKFRANK

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would absolutely love to see Frank Gore back with the 49ers. Sign him to a two year deal regardless if Hyde is re-signed or not.

#BRINGBACKFRANK
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I would absolutely love to see Frank Gore back with the 49ers. Sign him to a two year deal regardless if Hyde is re-signed or not.

#BRINGBACKFRANK

100%.

Gore's got another 2 years in him as an 8 touch per game third down back. He might be 34, but he's still a better blocker than Hyde, a better receiver, and a true pro in the locker room. Plus, he deserves to retire a niner.
Have two jerseys Lott and Gore, love my Lott jersey but I haven't worn it a couple weeks and now counting..
Still bitter we got rid of him
Originally posted by post_primitive:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

#BRINGBACKFRANK

100%.

Gore's got another 2 years in him as an 8 touch per game third down back. He might be 34, but he's still a better blocker than Hyde, a better receiver, and a true pro in the locker room. Plus, he deserves to retire a niner.

Hell yeah haha. In the 2nd year we could always do the approach i mentioned where you pretty much shut him down first half of season and you save for a December run. It would kinda be like a Jerome Bettis type of deal..and the bus ran hard knowing that was his last year, his last hoorah
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 17, 2017 at 12:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone