There are 154 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Amazing career.
Some idiot wrote an article talking about why Frank Gore does not belong in the Hall of fame. He said that Gore was never the top at his position and never even led the league in rushing. What this idiot didn't take into account was that Gore was on some bad teams and Gore never got the number of carries that other backs would receive because we were down a lot in games.

What you should look at his yards per carry to really see how good a back is and Frank Gore has averaged more yards per carry over his career then Emmitt Smith did. Gore has averaged 4.4 yards per carry compared to Emit Smith's 4.2 yards per carry. And Smith was playing behind way better offensive lines. Imagine if Gore was on those Cowboys teams? He'd have far more yards all time than Smith.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Some idiot wrote an article talking about why Frank Gore does not belong in the Hall of fame. He said that Gore was never the top at his position and never even led the league in rushing. What this idiot didn't take into account was that Gore was on some bad teams and Gore never got the number of carries that other backs would receive because we were down a lot in games.

What you should look at his yards per carry to really see how good a back is and Frank Gore has averaged more yards per carry over his career then Emmitt Smith did. Gore has averaged 4.4 yards per carry compared to Emit Smith's 4.2 yards per carry. And Smith was playing behind way better offensive lines. Imagine if Gore was on those Cowboys teams? He'd have far more yards all time than Smith.

If Gore received the same number of carries as Emmitt Smith did in his career, Gore would have over 1,044 more yards rushing than Emmitt. That is also with Gore playing behind a far inferior offensive line throughout his career. He'd have even much more had he played behind an offensive line like the Cowboys his entire career.
Anyone who doesn't think Gore is a HOF guy doesn't know football. Just because he doesn't have a lot of flashy runs should not keep him out. He will be at least #4 all time when he retires. Emmitt Smith didn't have a lot of flashy runs either. He just kept running all those years. Frank is a smart runner who always shows up for work.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

This is the point no one understands about Gore. He never got the ball to the same degree as other Hall of Fame backs because he was either on such bad offenses or slow offenses. Here are our league ranks in plays run per game from 2005-14:

32nd
31st
31st
24th (Martz)
31st
29th
25th (Roman)
30th
31st
19th
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Anyone who doesn't think Gore is a HOF guy doesn't know football. Just because he doesn't have a lot of flashy runs should not keep him out. He will be at least #4 all time when he retires. Emmitt Smith didn't have a lot of flashy runs either. He just kept running all those years. Frank is a smart runner who always shows up for work.

Except he does have a bunch of gamebreaking highlights. No one seems to remember young, pre-broken hip Frank from 2005-2010. To be fair, I'm sure national fans barely knew Frank existed because we were so bad in those years.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Greatest niner ever. EVER!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
anyone hear what is wrong with him. he left last night and i do not think he came back
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
It looked like he got hurt earlier. Any word?

He came back and got a handful of touches but it looked to me like he was sort of just feeling his way around instead of driving forward and initiating contact like he usually does. Considering he sat out for a full quarter plus halftime before coming back, I think it's a good sign that he should be able to play next week, plus having 10 days off will help. But he definitely did get hurt since he pretty much took a hit straight onto his knee while his leg was planted.

That's good. I didn't catch him back in because it seemed like Denver was on the field whenever I looked at the game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
anyone hear what is wrong with him. he left last night and i do not think he came back

He came back

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This.
He looked pretty good last night, I gotta say.
Followed him at Miami going through two major knee injuries in back to back years. The guy never quits and bled red and gold.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Um...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
**** Trent Baalkaca

#FrankGore
Share 49ersWebzone