There are 204 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank Gore just passed 1000 scrimmage yards for the 12th consecutive season. Only other player to do that is Emmitt Smith (13).

(via @RLiuNFL)

Bring him back
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
So gore hasn't said if he is retiring yet. If Hyde leaves and we have Breida and Joe Williams. Would u guys be for gore coming back in a reserve/mentor role for a season. I personally would love to see it and his experience would be invaluable to the young guys
lol. gore would never settle for a reserve role
Originally posted by cciowa:
So gore hasn't said if he is retiring yet. If Hyde leaves and we have Breida and Joe Williams. Would u guys be for gore coming back in a reserve/mentor role for a season. I personally would love to see it and his experience would be invaluable to the young guys

Gore cant start and be a teacher
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Gore cant start and be a teacher

Yup. 5-10 carries a game type of thing
It looked like he got hurt earlier. Any word?
People still saying Gore not a HOFer because he didn't/doesn't have enough "WOW PLAYS"
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
People still saying Gore not a HOFer because he didn't/doesn't have enough "WOW PLAYS"

Those people obviously never heard of Frank until we started winning under Harbs in 2011 and that was already after Frank had broken his hip. Before his hip injury, you watched every game expecting him to break a big run even against stacked boxes.

Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

He came back and got a handful of touches but it looked to me like he was sort of just feeling his way around instead of driving forward and initiating contact like he usually does. Considering he sat out for a full quarter plus halftime before coming back, I think it's a good sign that he should be able to play next week, plus having 10 days off will help. But he definitely did get hurt since he pretty much took a hit straight onto his knee while his leg was planted.
[ Edited by znk916 on Dec 14, 2017 at 9:39 PM ]

Of course not, but he'd never quit on the team like Bo did. He'll compete for his playing time, he always has dating all the way back when he chose to go to Miami to compete against Portis and McGahee.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

He came back and got a handful of touches but it looked to me like he was sort of just feeling his way around instead of driving forward and initiating contact like he usually does. Considering he sat out for a full quarter plus halftime before coming back, I think it's a good sign that he should be able to play next week, plus having 10 days off will help. But he definitely did get hurt since he pretty much took a hit straight onto his knee while his leg was planted.

He had 30+ carries 4 days ago. Gore is a warrior.

• jcs
  • Veteran
All-day...I mean part-time just got put on IR for Arizona with a neck injury. A few joked about him easily beating gore on the all time list a few pages back and now it looks like his career might be over. IMO shows the value to what Gore is and has managed.
1 day 49er Contract coming.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Those people obviously never heard of Frank until we started winning under Harbs in 2011 and that was already after Frank had broken his hip. Before his hip injury, you watched every game expecting him to break a big run even against stacked boxes.

Needs 207 yards in last two games to hit 1k. Hes gonna get it. Dont care if colts gotta give it to him 45x in the finale
Share 49ersWebzone