LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ma dude

Some tough ass sledding out there today, microcosm of his time with Indy. 3/5 of the Colts OL are UDFA and another one is a 5th rounder. His center today was a 4th stringer they picked up off the street a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah, some guy named Luck has missed over half the games (23/45) since Frank joined the Colts.

His numbers there do him no justice. He is literally playing with a bunch of backups and street free agents, it's depressing to see. More than any reason that's why I want him to come back since we're set for the foreseeable future with Jimmy G and Shanny. Frank can definitely run outside zone, it's more about vision and decisiveness than it is about speed, just look at what Alfred Morris did a few yrs ago under Shanny and he ran a 4.67 40. Plus Frank is a reliable receiver, scored a career high 4 TDs as a receiver last year with Luck.

Bring him back damnit!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
GOOOOORRREE!

Next stop, Canton.

Wrong. Next stop, back in the Bay, then a SB ring. Canton can wait, Frankie G aint anywhere near close to finished.
What a crazy game. Thats a ton of snow to have to play in.
Was kinda having a s**tty day but after reading about Gore I'm all
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jcs:
400 yards or so from #4 all time...has 4 games this season to continue to add to his numbers and I bet he plays one more year, even if it's as a backup all he has to do is stay healthy and he will probably reach it.

God i hope if hes close in the last game they just let him break one purposely

He's good for about 50ish a game so he should be within 200 by the start of next season. I can't believe he's going to be in the top 4 all time. Amazing.

Were looking boy! Needs to average 92 yards in next 3 games to hit #4. Im hoping he has another strong game where he can lower the average in last two games.

Something is telling me Frankie brought enough gas in the tank to go hard and get that spot so he can do whatever the hell he wants next year Lets get it! At the same time...

[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 11, 2017 at 1:45 AM ]
I love Frank man, I hope he doesnt get CTE when he is older
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

naw, dude rarely takes hard shots. he's a master at sliding away from contact. Unlike that idiot Hyde. You see him try to run over a dude on that long run, instead of running out of bounds to stop the clock?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

naw, dude rarely takes hard shots. he's a master at sliding away from contact. Unlike that idiot Hyde. You see him try to run over a dude on that long run, instead of running out of bounds to stop the clock?
Hyde loves contact, he aint scared Ill give him that
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by znk916:

Some tough ass sledding out there today, microcosm of his time with Indy. 3/5 of the Colts OL are UDFA and another one is a 5th rounder. His center today was a 4th stringer they picked up off the street a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah, some guy named Luck has missed over half the games (23/45) since Frank joined the Colts.

His numbers there do him no justice. He is literally playing with a bunch of backups and street free agents, it's depressing to see. More than any reason that's why I want him to come back since we're set for the foreseeable future with Jimmy G and Shanny. Frank can definitely run outside zone, it's more about vision and decisiveness than it is about speed, just look at what Alfred Morris did a few yrs ago under Shanny and he ran a 4.67 40. Plus Frank is a reliable receiver, scored a career high 4 TDs as a receiver last year with Luck.

Bring him back damnit!
Wow. Just wow

He came through for my FF team. Unfortunately, his boy Alex did not.

[ Edited by znk916 on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM ]
Monster game yesterday Frank.

My favorite player to ever play the game.
Still my favorite RB.
Yea, so many great moments. Everybody loves Frank. Even defenders. They can't keep from smiling when talking about Frank in the highlight documentaries.
Share 49ersWebzone