LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The reports of Frank Gore's death have been greatly exaggerated.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Every year... same reports.. Every year, Frankie G says .
It's great having coaches who know how to coach.

Frank will perform better and be in better shape for the playoffs because he's being used intelligently.
I have been critical of our dependency on Frank, and the theory that he needs 30 carries a game...it was great to see him gain his 100+ yards on so few carries, this could add a few years to his career!
Yes Frank Gore is still Frank Gore and he may have lost a lil bit of explosion but his vision and make ya miss ability cant be questioned
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I've posted Crabtree's and Alex's projected stats so I'll post Frank the Tank's as well.

1600 + on 16.5 carries with a median YPA of 6.1 per game for 16 TDs

Now I know that wont hold up with Jacob due back....or maybe it will But this is how well our OL is blocking for him right now and a testament to Gore's vision, juking and tackle breaking as well.

If Gore stays heathy for all 16 I could honestly see him pushing for league lead in rushing with his biggest competition based on the 2 games and projections being Spiller and Murray.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

for serious.

even if gire.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Frank will perform better and be in better shape for the playoffs because he's being used intelligently.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I have been critical of our dependency on Frank, and the theory that he needs 30 carries a game...it was great to see him gain his 100+ yards on so few carries, this could add a few years to his career!

Boom and boom. My thoughts exactly
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Boom and boom. My thoughts exactly

Imagine if Harbaugh and crew had gotten a hold of Gore back in '06
Love Frank, I've never doubted the man.

Like others have said, they're finally utilizing him the right way, in terms of his effectiveness and not running him into the ground.

Lookin fresh! #21

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Like others have said, they're finally utilizing him the right way, in terms of his effectiveness and not running him into the ground.

Lookin fresh! #21
maybe when jacobs comes back we can cut his carries so he is fresh for the playoffs? i grit my teeth as i say that cuz he looks so good but am also thinking about a healthy gore in post season which we did not have last year
I love you
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Lookin fresh! #21
maybe when jacobs comes back we can cut his carries so he is fresh for the playoffs? i grit my teeth as i say that cuz he looks so good but am also thinking about a healthy gore in post season which we did not have last year

If you think about it, his cutback in the passing game has already cut his touches but about 30 a year.
Watching Frank run in a thing of beauty...
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Jacobs is a piece of crap. He'll come back and still be a piece of crap. I'd rather have Gore and James getting carries
than that loud mouth, no count Piece of Sh**

apparently you didn't see his carries in the preseason, hardly a "piece of s**t"
Share 49ersWebzone