LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Every other RB in the Top 11 for rushing is already a Hall of Famer. He's a lock right now.

Yup but we want that 1st ballot.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup but we want that 1st ballot.

This. I hope dude continues to play well, maybe re-signing with the 49ers sometime before he reties.
Love you lots, Frankie
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
greatest niner in history. ya, i said it.
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think he's vastly overrated.

Very good player at one time, but he's just plodding along racking up stats to get in the record books. It inflates his true worth and fools people into thinking he's better than he truly is/was. Emmitt did the same thing, IMO. Frank was good RB, but not a HOFer.

I'm not trying to troll this thread. I just never thought he was a special player. I was a fan of his as Niner, but that's it.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:

Very good player at one time, but he's just plodding along racking up stats to get in the record books. It inflates his true worth and fools people into thinking he's better than he truly is/was. Emmitt did the same thing, IMO. Frank was good RB, but not a HOFer.

I'm not trying to troll this thread. I just never thought he was a special player. I was a fan of his as Niner, but that's it.

12 years in the NFL only three were under 1000 yards...This guy was churning out yards on some of the worst teams in 49er history against constant 8 man fronts. When we were better under Harbaugh during a short stretch he was an allpro.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
greatest niner in history. ya, i said it.

That Montana guy would like to have a word with you...

Oh, and Mr. Rice.

And let's not forget Young and Lott...

If you have more career rushing yards than Dickerson and Tomlinson (which he will by the time he retires) then you're a HOFer.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?

JHC. You are kidding, right?
Wtf?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If you have more career rushing yards than Dickerson and Tomlinson (which he will by the time he retires) then you're a HOFer.

LT and ED stop playing at 10 years. Gore is going on 12. Just because he passes them doesn't mean he was better

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

LT and ED stop playing at 10 years. Gore is going on 12. Just because he passes them doesn't mean he was better

Gore had a 1,000 yard season with the likes of JT O'Sulliivan and Shaun hill as QB's...I wonder if LT could have done the same considering he's primarily played with guys like Drew Bree's and Phillip Rivers.
Originally posted by jcs:

Gore had a 1,000 yard season with the likes of JT O'Sulliivan and Shaun hill as QB's...I wonder if LT could have done the same considering he's primarily played with guys like Drew Bree's and Phillip Rivers.

If we had better QBs gores stats would have been less you're saying, I agree
  • jcs
  • Veteran

If thats what you want to believe, truth is better qb play creates better and more opportunity. Gore managed to do more with less.

Kill yourself

If thats what you want to believe, truth is better qb play creates better and more opportunity. Gore managed to do more with less.

Truth is that he needs to play longer to accomplish what other rbs have done.
Share 49ersWebzone