LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
naw. Bell's style is unique. Gore was patient, but Bell takes it to a whole other level. he literally stands still for a second or two sometimes.

Not trying to take anything away from Bell but his offensive line has alot to do with him being able to stand there and always wait for the hole to develop. His line NEVER get pushed back. It's one of the most under rated lines in all of football. They constantly move defensive lines back. Without that positive push a back can have all the patience in the world and it won't matter. Gore is every bit as patient. He just doesn't have the size speed power combo that Bell has and that's what makes him a bad man. That and he just might be the best receiving back of all time. Gore is better at getting small and making something out of nothing. He'll pop through some of the smallest creases and make it look easy. His running style is the s**t! Miss that guy in a 49ers uniform.

Pittsburgh's offensive line is in no way underrated. PFF had them as the 4th best OL in the NFL last year. So I dont disagree that they are one of the most underrated lines in football. They literally have just 3 possible spots to move up. No way a 4th rated anything can be "underrated."

And above and beyond that, Pittsburgh is NOT a top run blocking offensive line. They are far better at pass protection than run blocking. So your assertions that their line doesnt get enough credit and that without their blocking, Bell's style wouldnt work couldnt be more incorrect.
Lol frank still getting marketing opportunities here. Front office such dumba**. Its true frank had a special style of play. In the nfl film tributes all his oponents are smiling talking about frank. Miss that guy.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Lol frank still getting marketing opportunities here. Front office such dumba**. Its true frank had a special style of play. In the nfl film tributes all his oponents are smiling talking about frank. Miss that guy.

on top of that, he loves the 9ers/bay area. dude still bleeds red and gold. f**k baalke. punk ass b***h.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

on top of that, he loves the 9ers/bay area. dude still bleeds red and gold. f**k baalke. punk ass b***h.

Yep. No matter what color jersey he wears he will always be a 49er. Dude said that himself.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 23, 2017 at 7:01 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Pittsburgh's offensive line is in no way underrated. PFF had them as the 4th best OL in the NFL last year. So I dont disagree that they are one of the most underrated lines in football. They literally have just 3 possible spots to move up. No way a 4th rated anything can be "underrated."

And above and beyond that, Pittsburgh is NOT a top run blocking offensive line. They are far better at pass protection than run blocking. So your assertions that their line doesnt get enough credit and that without their blocking, Bell's style wouldnt work couldnt be more incorrect.

Pittsburgh's line isn't a run blocking line? Lmao! You go on to give them no credit for Bells success and then tell me they're in no way underrated. lol You just completely proved my point. That line is a run blocking line. PFF is a joke. I watched every snap from that offense and that line moves people period! You need glasses homie.

I never said his style wouldn't work without it. Hrs best back in football. I just said that his line and that push they give Him deserves more credit for allowing him to be so patient.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Pittsburgh's line isn't a run blocking line? Lmao! You go on to give them no credit for Bells success and then tell me they're in no way underrated. lol You just completely proved my point. That line is a run blocking line. PFF is a joke. I watched every snap from that offense and that line moves people period! You need glasses homie.

I never said his style wouldn't work without it. Hrs best back in football. I just said that his line and that push they give Him deserves more credit for allowing him to be so patient.

Where did I say they get no credit? They are a pretty good run blocking like but there is ZERO doubt they are known for pass blocking. I am not proving ANY point of yours. Your point was that they are underrated. They are not.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Can we still talk about Frank Gore or is that not allowed?
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by SoCold:
Can we still talk about Frank Gore or is that not allowed?

Of course we can. He's awesome!!!

Why wouldn't we
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Just finished calling ShoePalace in San Bruno. My reason for calling was to see if we had to pay to meet Mr. Hall of Fame. The employee said and I quote, "All I know is that it's at 12 Noon and you either have to buy a beanie or a hat." The four hour drive will be worth it to just meet him for a few minutes. Longest road trip for a Niner hat!

Originally posted by plummerfan:

Just finished calling ShoePalace in San Bruno. My reason for calling was to see if we had to pay to meet Mr. Hall of Fame. The employee said and I quote, "All I know is that it's at 12 Noon and you either have to buy a beanie or a hat." The four hour drive will be worth it to just meet him for a few minutes. Longest road trip for a Niner hat!

Little over an hour for me. I'd love to get him to sign a jersey that I can frame. But think I'll pass
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Offer him.a contract while you're there.
Originally posted by Antix:

I plan on telling him to please retire a 49er even if he wins a Super Bowl ring which I hope he really does
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I plan on telling him to please retire a 49er even if he wins a Super Bowl ring which I hope he really does
So jealous that you're getting to go...
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by jcs:

So jealous that you're getting to go...

Yeah, that's awesome man. Pleas post a pic or two...
Share 49ersWebzone