LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Morgan49:
So Gire's on pace for over 1,000 yards for the season...

Ageless. I still wouldn't have resigned him for four years, but the man is ageless.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Ageless. I still wouldn't have resigned him for four years, but the man is ageless.
I wouldn't have either. But I hope he gets 1,200 yards. HOF bound
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

exactly the way i feel
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TJA85:
Also 27 more yards to break into the Top 15 for all time rushing yards!

That alone puts him in.

He's a HOF lock. He has every stat to validate that. He was a shining star on some exceptionally terrible teams and still performed at a Pro Bowl level. He's in.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

That alone puts him in.

He's a HOF lock. He has every stat to validate that. He was a shining star on some exceptionally terrible teams and still performed at a Pro Bowl level. He's in.
he,. willis, country at their peak were just wasted years. makes me very very sad

he will still be putting up 1000 yard seasons in 4 years Go Frank Go
  • Ike49
Still love Frank!!!!
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Best blocking back evar!!!!

I gire!!!
Originally posted by okdkid:

That alone puts him in.

Hope so.

Gave 100% on every play no matter what.
Still remember him as a rookie. Man we were lucky to have such a great player and a man like Frank on our team.

He's currently in the top 15 at #15. He has more yardage than Adrian Peterson or Steven Jackson, both of whom should make it. Gore has more rushing yardage than OJ Simpson, John Riggins, Joe Perry, Earl Cambell, Jim Taylor and Larry Csonka, all of whom are in the Hall of Fame. He might surpass Marcus Allen, Thurmond Thomas and Franco Harris this season getting up to the top 10 or close to it.

And you'd be hard pressed to find any players on that list who were as good at picking up the blitz. The guy is a Hall of Fame player.

He deserves to go in on the first ballot.
Go Frank Go!

For perspective, Frank Gore is on pace to earn 1,237 yards (955 run/282 pass) from scrimmage. Frank currently has 4 TD's & 4 Fumbles.

And Shaun Draughn is currently on pace to acquire 1,440 yards (832 run/608 pass) from scrimmage.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Go Frank Go!

For perspective, Frank Gore is on pace to earn 1,237 yards (955 run/282 pass) from scrimmage. Frank currently has 4 TD's & 4 Fumbles.

And Shaun Draughn is currently on pace to acquire 1,440 yards (832 run/608 pass) from scrimmage.

Draughn has 146 yards on 40+ carries for a 3.4 average 11 games into season. Granted he didn't play every game and probably not even half. But how is he on pace for 800+ yards? Don't see 650 more yards coming in 5 games
What an tough year for Frank. I would've never guessed Indy would be facing so many top 10 run defenses or that Luck would not only be awful but get hurt too. I thought Frank would have a huge season playing with Luck and finally getting away from having to face Seattle and Arizona 4 times a year.

Instead he's in the middle of a murderer's row stretch of top 10 run defenses starting with Carolina, Denver, Atl, TB, Pitt this week and Jax the next. Right now those teams rank 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th, and 9th in yards per carry allowed. Things got especially bad the past couple weeks vs Atl and TB selling out to stop the run with Luck out and his efficiency stats have absolutely cratered. On the bright side from a team perspective, Hasselbeck's play action stats are through the roof, a big reason why they are winning with Luck out.

I would love to see Frank keep up his streak of nine consecutive seasons over 4.0 ypc, something only Barry Sanders and Jim Brown have done. I thought his streak was gonna end last season after he got hurt against Seattle, but then he came back on a short week vs SD and had those two throwback games to end the season. He's all the way down to 3.6 ypc right now, so he's gonna need a couple huge games to keep the streak alive. Let's see if he can defy the odds once again in these last five games.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Go Frank Go!

Draughn has 146 yards on 40+ carries for a 3.4 average 11 games into season. Granted he didn't play every game and probably not even half. But how is he on pace for 800+ yards? Don't see 650 more yards coming in 5 games

"On pace for..."

Gore has played 11 games and on pace for...(for a full 16 games)
Draughn has only played 3 games but is on pace for...(had he played a full 16 games)
Share 49ersWebzone