LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nope. Dude should have retired as a Niner.

why?

rice, lott, and montana didnt retire as niners
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
nope time to transition not move on. you dont move on from the best vision in nfl. you hang on for as long as you can.

frank still has 200 carries left. 175/frank 225 hyde would have been just fine.

good thing baalke wouldnt go to 6m for frank so he could save the 2m to p*ss away on dockett. smart smart guy.

gore was one of the reasons why the run game has been porous, defenses know he cant run outside so they just jam the line of scrimmage

seattle does that with no impunity
nope time to transition not move on. you dont move on from the best vision in nfl. you hang on for as long as you can.

good thing baalke wouldnt go to 6m for frank so he could save the 2m to p*ss away on dockett. smart smart guy.

Wow. Your hindsight is 20/20! Impressive!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

gore was one of the reasons why the run game has been porous, defenses know he cant run outside so they just jam the line of scrimmage

seattle does that with no impunity

i do not agree with that at all, i will never bash frank,. i just say he was not worth mutli years
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

the niners did that with roger craig,, how did that turn out? you get rid of them before they wear down. if you think gore at his age was worth 6 million a year for multiple years,, just wow
Originally posted by crake49:

Wow. Your hindsight is 20/20! Impressive!
what hindsight? I said sign frank from day one. Baalke could have had frank for 6m/2yrs. Instead he chose to not sign our only open field runner worth a dam with no replacement (Hyde is not open field genius like frank even if hes got more gas in the tank and is a bull.

So, he acts tough on an icon, then squanders 2m on a guy who gets cut without playing a down.

No I'm not happy. I don't think it was smart.

Do I stop rooting for my team because the gm had the wrong priorities? no.

Do i pretend that the dude never makes a mistake? nope.

do i pretend he only makes mistakes? nope.

We move on. it could even work out if hyde has a breakout year, no one will even remember that we wouldnt go market value on frank.

all im saying is that we are a better team with gore minus six million than no gore plus two million. that's all.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 9, 2015 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
the niners did that with roger craig,, how did that turn out? you get rid of them before they wear down. if you think gore at his age was worth 6 million a year for multiple years,, just wow

controversial but gore > craig

as a runner
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 9, 2015 at 5:19 PM ]
what hindsight? I said sign frank from day one. Baalke could have had frank for 6m/2yrs. Instead he chose to not sign our only open field runner worth a dam with no replacement (Hyde is not open field genius like frank even if hes got more gas in the tank and is a bull.

So, he acts tough on an icon, then squanders 2m on a guy who gets cut without playing a down.

No I'm not happy. I don't think it was smart.

Do I stop rooting for my team because the gm had the wrong priorities? no.

Do i pretend that the dude never makes a mistake? nope.

do i pretend he only makes mistakes? nope.

We move on. it could even work out if hyde has a breakout year, no one will even remember that we wouldnt go market value on frank.

all im saying is that we are a better team with gore minus six million than no gore plus two million. that's all.

Everybody's got choices YUP
Stat Tracker

Vs Bills - 31 yards
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Stat Tracker

Vs Bills - 31 yards

Goes from one bad OL to another at the twilight of his career.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Stat Tracker

Vs Bills - 31 yards

Did not see the game,,, was it do to colts not running, frank running poorly, line play bad or just the way the game went as it sounds like the colts had to play catchup... part of me REALLY wants to say, had frank ran for 200 yards the trent and niner haters in general would be all over that s**t,, but i will refrain so as not to create incitement . you do know they having nothing to say though
Stat Tracker

Vs Bills - 31 yards

Did not see the game,,, was it do to colts not running, frank running poorly, line play bad or just the way the game went as it sounds like the colts had to play catchup... part of me REALLY wants to say, had frank ran for 200 yards the trent and niner haters in general would be all over that s**t,, but i will refrain so as not to create incitement . you do know they having nothing to say though
Everything went bad for the Colts...and to add insult to injury Gore didn't finish the game due to a calf injury
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Stat Tracker

Vs Bills - 31 yards

Everything went bad for the Colts...and to add insult to injury Gore didn't finish the game due to a calf injury
you NEVER sign a 32 year old with that much wear and tear to a multi year deal,, never
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
[ Edited by boast on Sep 13, 2015 at 2:13 PM ]

beneath you.

8 rushes 39 yards. didn't see the game either but its silly to suggest anything about run production on the basis of one game, if he runs for 200 or -5 yards.

sorry to make sense.

wonder what pff pass pro rating was for frank.
Share 49ersWebzone