LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm curious to know what some of you guys predict Frank's numbers to be tomorrow? Seems like every major tv network is hyping up alex and vernon deservingly so; but no ones really talking about Frank. Me personally see Frank getting 23 160+ 2tds. I think he has a monster game. Did the media forget how good frank is?
6.85 ypc on 13 carries. Dude is "stepped" up, need to feed him the ball more
26 for 127 1 TD

Most importantly, he ups his post-season record to a gaudy 2-0
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jan 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]
Originally posted by BigTrez:
I'm curious to know what some of you guys predict Frank's numbers to be tomorrow? Seems like every major tv network is hyping up alex and vernon deservingly so; but no ones really talking about Frank. Me personally see Frank getting 23 160+ 2tds. I think he has a monster game. Did the media forget how good frank is?

That's probably because he hasn't had a 100 yard game since we played the Redskins . . .
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i expect frank to get his yards but he has lost his top end speed so he always gets caught and tackled before he breakes for the endzone
Originally posted by THEB:
i expect frank to get his yards but he has lost his top end speed so he always gets caught and tackled before he breakes for the endzone

This....
Per carry average is misleading. I wonder if rushing stats should be presented differently. I mention this, because - if not for that 45 yard run, his rushing total would be less than stellar. There were times in the Saints game where he netted no yards, or negative yards.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Per carry average is misleading. I wonder if rushing stats should be presented differently. I mention this, because - if not for that 45 yard run, his rushing total would be less than stellar. There were times in the Saints game where he netted no yards, or negative yards.

he still had 3.8 ypc without the 42 yard run
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

This....

Frank has never had break-away speed. He usually gets caught from behind. What he needs to do is hit the hole a little harder this game then he has done the past few weeks. Frank and Hunter are the key to victory. Gotta rush for like 150.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I'm referring to moments, down-to-down moments of running the ball. He did have gaudy sets of runs, but there were times the running the game was stuffed rather badly.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

This....

Frank has never had break-away speed. He usually gets caught from behind. What he needs to do is hit the hole a little harder this game then he has done the past few weeks. Frank and Hunter are the key to victory. Gotta rush for like 150.

Though I agree with what your saying, he seems even slower to me. It feels like he's getting caught shortly after he gets past the line of scrimmage, even when he has open green in front of him. Maybe I'm wrong, but i dont think so.

Also, please get this man some longer cleats. He's always slipping.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
26 for 127 1 TD

Most importantly, he ups his post-season record to a gaudy 2-0

I want one of those games where he just becomes unstoppable
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I'm referring to moments, down-to-down moments of running the ball. He did have gaudy sets of runs, but there were times the running the game was stuffed rather badly.

i disagree. IMO, our offense was stalling in those mid quarters because we went away from the run. Sure, he did get stuffed a couple of times but the stats dont lie. Gore got almost 7 ypc, even if you take away his big run (which is silly because he got those yards, cant take them away from him) he got almost 4 ypc. They only gave him 13 carries, hes our bell cow he needs to be around 20 carries.
I hope he has a BEAST year. He put up some solid numbers behind an OL that was not blocking well early on. I hope he gets back on track with his pass catching ability. Dude was off last year. Would be nice to finish this offense and wins with what has held it together for all these years of suckage and that's Frank.
Thing that makes me sad about Frank is how he can't break tackles like he used to
Share 49ersWebzone