LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Conejo:

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I own so far)

Ditto!!! Gore is the only modern jersey that I own as well... Frank is a "man" he is everything a 9er and a highly paid athelete should be. Frank kept me hoping even though all hope should have been lost.

Here's hoping that he gets to (at least) pull a Walter Payton - (after being the only good thing on a bad team the stars all align and it finally all comes together). Thank you Frank!!! Best 9er since Rice left!!!

Dirty
Frank the Tank!

I have been following his career since he left Coral Gables High School for UM and then onto my 49ers. Frank Gore is from my home town which makes rooting for him even greater!!

Gore is the truth!! He will help bring the Niners back to prominence!

Score TDs, rack up yards, punish the opponent, and smile in the camera!! Lets get some Ws by pounding the clock out with Gore!!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I own so far)

Gore is awesome but production speaks for itself and he has never been much of a TD guy and has been average at best the last 2 years. Willis is the face of this franchise

feel free to start a Gore criticism thread if that's how you feel

I might do that. Gore is definitely over rated

Production???

Since 06, only Brian Westbrook has more total yards from scrimmage. If you're trying to hate on Gore you're gonna really have to pick. The man's done it all while staring eight men in the box in the face throughout his entire career. Christ... for the past 3 years opposing defenses know that he's the only thing they need to worry about, yet he still produces; s**tty o-line, passing game and all. Frank is the sh!t.

As I said gore is awesome and arguably my favorite player. I just don't think he is a top 5 RB like everyone here does. Gore was phenomenal in 2006 but that's 3 years ago. Since then he hasn't been all that great. Trust me I want the 2006 gore back as much as anyone here.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
BTW, take everything Kalen says with a grain of salt... his profile pic is of Blink-182. Don't get me wrong I always loved Blink too, but then I reached 8th grade.

BTW take everything this guy says with a grain of salt. He is from new jersey.
BTW, take everything Kalen says with a grain of salt... his profile pic is of Blink-182. Don't get me wrong I always loved Blink too, but then I reached 8th grade.

word
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

word

Weak comeback my friend. At least hit up something original. Besides, if you knew anything about NJ you'd know that people here are straight shooters and tell it like it is. But this thread is about Gore and I'm not turning it into a war of words between us or a thread defending Jersey. My point still stands, on that overall yardage statistic... Gore is the bomb.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

word

Weak comeback my friend. At least hit up something original. Besides, if you knew anything about NJ you'd know that people here are straight shooters and tell it like it is. But this thread is about Gore and I'm not turning it into a war of words between us or a thread defending Jersey. My point still stands, on that overall yardage statistic... Gore is the bomb.

Where does gore rank in yardage if we include only the last 2 years? Where does Gore rank in TDs the last few years?

word

Where does gore rank in yardage if we include only the last 2 years? Where does Gore rank in TDs the last few years?

I don't care where the hell he ranks. He's gotten over 1,000 yards while playing through injuries on teams that had almost zero threat of a passing game. I'm sure you'll throw out the whole "1,000 yards is no longer a feat for rb's" and I would concur with that. Yet, you have to look at the situation he's been in. If you wanna be negative about the whole thing do it somewhere else. Note that it says "appreciation" in the title and not "critique". You might want to pay attention to details like that.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

word

I don't care where the hell he ranks. He's gotten over 1,000 yards while playing through injuries on teams that had almost zero threat of a passing game. I'm sure you'll throw out the whole "1,000 yards is no longer a feat for rb's" and I would concur with that. Yet, you have to look at the situation he's been in. If you wanna be negative about the whole thing do it somewhere else. Note that it says "appreciation" in the title and not "critique". You might want to pay attention to details like that.

So you agree then. Gore is good but the last 2 years hasn't done all that well.

word

Also take into account his yards per carry as well as going over 1000 the last 2 years despite the offense punting after 1....maybe 2 series for Lord knows how many times. If Gore wasn't in the game we probably would've averaged 6 points a game each of the last 2 years. And can you imagine if Gore went down last year Tom Brady style and we had D. Foster in our backfield for a full Season?

word

I don't agree. I think Gore HAS done well the past two seasons. Was his 06 season superior to those? Sure it was. But that doesn't automatically mean the past two years were sub par. As the guy who posted above me mentioned... just think of what we would have been without Gore these past two years. That's where his measure as a player comes shining through.

word

Kalen stop calling yourself a 49er fan.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

word

Kalen stop calling yourself a 49er fan.

So because I don't think gore is a top 5 RB suddenly I'm not a 49er fan? I will say it again! Gore is one of my favorite players and he is good but I don't think he is elite like everyone here does.
Frank is Da Man, With his combo of strength and speed, as long as his ankles are good, we are gonna have a good year on the ground with Dash (Frank), Smash (Coffee), and Flash (Sheets)...

He is one of the few backs in this league who can Break a couple of tackles, and then outrun everyone else to the endzone...

I also am excited about Frank comparing our current O, with the one Turner ran...

--Da Tank
Share 49ersWebzone