Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gore won't even last the season, and it's not due to injury

wow merch analysis. Good effort.

this lol. people have been saying that about him for the past 5 years and he just keeps on truckin.

bet he ends up with more yards/TDs than Hyde.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this lol. people have been saying that about him for the past 5 years and he just keeps on truckin.

Bet he doesn't

Bet he doesn't

if you lose you gotta change your name to 69allthetime

Bet he doesn't

All I care about is that Hyde do his thing to help the 49ers out.

Would love for Gore to excel, but nothing to do with a competition with Hyde. That's silly, just like it would be with AS and CK (whom I feel exactly the same way about).

I think what should be interesting for Gore is seeing him in an offense that's more suited for pass than run.

Always the big debate for an RB:

Is it better to be an RB in a power offense -- OL, schemes, FB blocking for you, read-option perhaps....think Seattle and SF of late.

OR

Is it better to be an RB in a wide open offense -- spread WR sets, defense worried about passing game, no 8 in the box....think Philly, Green Bay.

I believe the Colts offense is somewhere in between, and if their defense was better they wouldn't be throwing as much as they do now.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
All I care about is that Hyde do his thing to help the 49ers out.

Would love for Gore to excel, but nothing to do with a competition with Hyde. That's silly, just like it would be with AS and CK (whom I feel exactly the same way about).

I think what should be interesting for Gore is seeing him in an offense that's more suited for pass than run.

Always the big debate for an RB:

Is it better to be an RB in a power offense -- OL, schemes, FB blocking for you, read-option perhaps....think Seattle and SF of late.

OR

Is it better to be an RB in a wide open offense -- spread WR sets, defense worried about passing game, no 8 in the box....think Philly, Green Bay.

I believe the Colts offense is somewhere in between, and if their defense was better they wouldn't be throwing as much as they do now.

Couldn't of said it better myself. He may get less attempts bc they have to pass more with that bad defense. However when gore gets the ball no more 8-9 in the box so his yards per carry will go up. Kinda like lacy on gb.

All I know is Hyde and gore will probably both break 1000 and Hyde will probably get more tds. They will both be a big part of the offenses and if and when ind actually has a lead here and there, gore will be used more.
Dude is gonna put up big numbers with Luck. Im happy for Frank. If we dont win the SB im going for the Colts
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dude is gonna put up big numbers with Luck. Im happy for Frank. If we dont win the SB im going for the Colts

Yee
I think Gore will triple his receiving yards from last year - he had 111 yds receiving last year - and it wouldn't surprise me if he quadruples it. I agree with elguapo that his total running yards will be a somewhat lower but I think his yards per carry will increase. I predict that his total yards running and receiving will be in the 1000 to 1200 yard range (maybe higher if his receiving total is in the 400 yard range).

And I agree with whomever said that if the 9ers don't win the Superbowl this year then I want the Colts to get it - so Frank can get a Super Bowl ring and maybe that would be enough to punch his ticket into the Hall of Fame.
Gores going to have a monster of a year

BIG NUMBERS
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Gores going to have a monster of a year

BIG NUMBERS

Maybe the young gore

Colts are just a pass happy team..like the saints used to be

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Franky G looking good in Colts camp.
From Colts camp notes:

"The Colts starting line for now appears to be: Anthony Castonzo, Lance Louis, Khaled Holmes, Todd Herremans, and Jack Mewhort. And while the Colts weren't in full pads and therefore not in full contact drills, this line looks mediocre at best.

This unit is easily the weakest on the Colts roster and there really isn't all that much depth either. The line will likely hinge on whether or not Mewhort can transition from left guard to right tackle. Holmes and Louis are liabilities in general, and Herremans is a liability in pass protection (which is kind of important)."

I'm not sure why so many fans believe Frank Gore is going to have a great year in Indy. First of all, he's going to get a lot fewer carries and he'll be doing a lot more pass protection. It's not like he's going to be running behind a better o-line. On the other hand, he may have a lot more pass receiving yards since Luck is evidently going to be running for his life and looking for the outlet pass.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by crake49:
From Colts camp notes:

"The Colts starting line for now appears to be: Anthony Castonzo, Lance Louis, Khaled Holmes, Todd Herremans, and Jack Mewhort. And while the Colts weren't in full pads and therefore not in full contact drills, this line looks mediocre at best.

This unit is easily the weakest on the Colts roster and there really isn't all that much depth either. The line will likely hinge on whether or not Mewhort can transition from left guard to right tackle. Holmes and Louis are liabilities in general, and Herremans is a liability in pass protection (which is kind of important)."

I'm not sure why so many fans believe Frank Gore is going to have a great year in Indy. First of all, he's going to get a lot fewer carries and he'll be doing a lot more pass protection. It's not like he's going to be running behind a better o-line. On the other hand, he may have a lot more pass receiving yards since Luck is evidently going to be running for his life and looking for the outlet pass.
Well that is not encouraging at all. Why did frank even go there if this is the case? Not sure I buy this.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Well that is not encouraging at all. Why did frank even go there if this is the case? Not sure I buy this.

If you're a Colts fan it isn't. But there's nothing to buy. Everyone knows that on this Colts team, Gore won't get as many carries as he always did with the Niners. What I didn't know and learned from current Colts camp notes is that they don't think they're going to have a good offensive line. As far as why did Gore go there, I'm going to take a wild guess here: more money for a longer time.
Gore won't be facing a stacked box in Indy. I think he's going to surprise a lot of the critics. I also think his receptions will go up.
Share 49ersWebzone