LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Mad respect to Frank Gore this year the guy has been a stud. I personally that he was done after last season but he had a great year. True warrior

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Mad respect to Frank Gore this year the guy has been a stud. I personally that he was done after last season but he had a great year. True warrior

This. He has been great for the 49ers!
I am afraid that if the 49ers win the Superbowl this season, Frank Gore will be retiring. It will be a sad day.
I would be surprised if Gore last for more than next year. I don't think he has much more left in the tank. If we can get Frank a SB this year. That would be awesome.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I would be surprised if Gore last for more than next year. I don't think he has much more left in the tank. If we can get Frank a SB this year. That would be awesome.

like the Steelers did for Jerome Bettis!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

like the Steelers did for Jerome Bettis!

Yeah, had forgotten about that. Lucky SOB. He was going no where with the Rams. Got there on a fluke play too
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt).

That run in STL was on 4th and short.

I remember that game well, it was following the day Frank's mom had passed away.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt).

I remember that game well, it was following the day Frank's mom had passed away.

Does anyone remember the game in Seattle in 2007 on TNF, where Gore carried 6 Seahakws for about 10 yards. Frank is a true warrior, really gonna miss the guy and I already miss the way he used to play

Great season Frank!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Does anyone remember the game in Seattle in 2007 on TNF, where Gore carried 6 Seahakws for about 10 yards. Frank is a true warrior, really gonna miss the guy and I already miss the way he used to play

Great season Frank!

Used to? Guy has over 1200 yards and is sixth in the league in rushing. He's been banged up for the past several weeks.

Watch him explode in the playoffs between being fresh and being so excited for his first playoff game.

Sus said it best, the first word that comes to my mind when thinking of Frank is "warrior".

A completely selfless person that has given his all to this organization and its fans, year in and year out.

He's even the first one to mention how happy he is that the fans have something to be proud of.

#21 Greatest 49ers RB of All-Time
Frank has the second most yards he's ever had in his career (1211). And the second most carries (283). He tied the second most rush TD's he's had in a season (8). He maintained a 4.3 average which ties his 3rd best season average. And he appeared in every game for only the second time, even though he didn't play much in several of those games.

He wasn't a factor in the passing game, but the fact remains: at 28, when he had been written off, he had the best season he's had since 2006.

Love this guy.

BOSS
Frank mentioned in one of his locker presser that it was tough to see the other RB in the league get to the post season through the years. He watching at home knowing he's better then they. This team has all the talent to be much better sooner. Just didn't happened that way. But now that he got a chance to be in the post season....well.... I hope Frank hurt the motherf*ck'n Saints. Everyone of them that come up trying to make a tackle. 150+ yards. Recover his receiving skill to get a TD out of the backfield also.

I cant believe how much Frank Gore has accomplished. All this losing really put a dim light on him but now that we're winning again its hella cool to see Frank Gore get his recognition. Hope you get a ring before you hang it up brotha!!!!
Frank has not been the same the past few weeks, but I hope this bye week allows him to regain his early season form. Now that he's finally in the post season, if there's any justice, he'll show up big. He deserves to shine on the bigger stages and we'll need both his running and receiving prowess at top performance.
Please gore have a career game... I will do anything!!!
Share 49ersWebzone