LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's good. It's a shame we wasted his best years with a horrific team and a terrible overall offense. The only drawbacks are he fumbles sometimes and he doesn't catch super well. But he does most of the rest real well. He does the best he can with the speed he has. Although he's not the fastest guy. This is a guy who gets the most out of his talent though. There is nothing left on the field.

He's led the team in receptions multiple times and has caught 50+ balls 3 different seasons and he doesn't catch, you use your term, "super well"? I've seen plenty of one handed catches from Frank to combat your opinion, as well as the stats listed above.

He tends to tip them up into the air for interceptions like he is playing volleyball. I realize some of that is because Frank is short. But he's not a real natural hands guy.

He has caught a lot of balls in the past because this team loves check downs for various reasons. Or at least used to with some previous QB/OC situations...
He's good. It's a shame we wasted his best years with a horrific team and a terrible overall offense. The only drawbacks are he fumbles sometimes and he doesn't catch super well. But he does most of the rest real well. He does the best he can with the speed he has. Although he's not the fastest guy. This is a guy who gets the most out of his talent though. There is nothing left on the field.

He's led the team in receptions multiple times and has caught 50+ balls 3 different seasons and he doesn't catch, you use your term, "super well"? I've seen plenty of one handed catches from Frank to combat your opinion, as well as the stats listed above.

He tends to tip them up into the air for interceptions like he is playing volleyball. I realize some of that is because Frank is short. But he's not a real natural hands guy.

He has caught a lot of balls in the past because this team loves check downs for various reasons. Or at least used to with some previous QB/OC situations...

When was the last time he tipped one in the air for an interception? Name the last 5 times, since in your opinion, he tends to do often.

When was the last time he tipped one in the air for an interception? Name the last 5 times, since in your opinion, he tends to do often.

Dude he has done this his entire career. Tip high, top sideways, tip low. But tipping the ball. Some of that is ball placement. Some of that is him being short. Some of that used to be Alex. But Frank has had a problem with that.

Crabtree for all his faults will usually catch it if it hits his hands... I can't say the same for Gore.

Dude he has done this his entire career. Tip high, top sideways, tip low. But tipping the ball. Some of that is ball placement. Some of that is him being short. Some of that used to be Alex. But Frank has had a problem with that.

Crabtree for all his faults will usually catch it if it hits his hands... I can't say the same for Gore.

Yeah, but in your opinion, he tends to do it quite often. I asked you to name the last time he did it. You made a mad dash to bring up a bunch of hoopla to cover the fact that you are unable to do so.

See how hard it is to troll when you have to debate with somebody that actually knows WTF they're talking about?

This is where you ignore the actual facts and your own inabilities and try to spin it in another direction. So go ahead.

Yeah, but in your opinion, he tends to do it quite often. I asked you to name the last time he did it. You made a mad dash to bring up a bunch of hoopla to cover the fact that you are unable to do so.

See how hard it is to troll when you have to debate with somebody that actually knows WTF they're talking about?

This is where you ignore the actual facts and your own inabilities and try to spin it in another direction. So go ahead.

He's done that his entire career. And you know it. You are just looking for reasons to fight at this point and it's getting absurd.

He does it more with Alex which may have something to do with it. Alex tended to throw high to Frank who is short.

Me or anybody going through 5 years of game tape to find which game, which quarter, which minute and second mark has no relevance. I've seen him do it. And a lot. I don't care when was the last time. I know he's done it a lot in his career.

He's done that his entire career. And you know it. You are just looking for reasons to fight at this point and it's getting absurd.

He does it more with Alex which may have something to do with it. Alex tended to throw high to Frank who is short.

Me or anybody going through 5 years of game tape to find which game, which quarter, which minute and second mark has no relevance. I've seen him do it. And a lot. I don't care when was the last time. I know he's done it a lot in his career.

I'm asking you to name the last time. You're bring up a 5 year career. I've seen him do it, but you describe it as if it's a game to game issue. If that's the case, naming the last time he did it wouldn't be too hard. If he hasn't done it in 4 games, that wouldn't really be often, like you describe it.

Reasons to fight? I'm actually contesting your trolling with legitimate points of argument and you have to call out absurdities and fighting? Absolute COMEDY!!

I'm asking you to name the last time. You're bring up a 5 year career. I've seen him do it, but you describe it as if it's a game to game issue. If that's the case, naming the last time he did it wouldn't be too hard. If he hasn't done it in 4 games, that wouldn't really be often, like you describe it.

Reasons to fight? I'm actually contesting your trolling with legitimate points of argument and you have to call out absurdities and fighting? Absolute COMEDY!!

Asking me to tell you when the last time he did it proves your point how? Suppose I do or don't remember the last time? Does that make your argument more valid? How so? It doesn't mean he didn't do it whether I can point you to an ocassion or not.

I've seen him do it this year with Alex in particular who throws to Frank like he is 7'0".

It's like fighting a slow kid isn't it you almost feel guilty about it, then you realize he is really a Cowboys fan and it makes it all ok

Asking me to tell you when the last time he did it proves your point how? Suppose I do or don't remember the last time? Does that make your argument more valid? How so? It doesn't mean he didn't do it whether I can point you to an ocassion or not.

I've seen him do it this year with Alex in particular who throws to Frank like he is 7'0".

It proves my point because if you can't name the last time, right off the top of your head, it doesn't really fit your argument of "Often". If you said Anthony Davis gets called for holding often, I wouldn't disagree. If I asked you to name the last time he did it, you would say "The last game, the game before that, the game before that." It's easy to name when it happened when it happens often. You can't even recall the last time Frank did it, but supposedly it's quite often.

I'm done with you. If I have to explain why things are relevant to the debate while they are perfectly relevant in every way, it's just not worth it. Every single thing I bring up gets spun in another direction instead of answered directly. I'll just let you get back to the trolling. You're much better at it that actual debate.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I am willing to bet that Frank Gore has more one handed catches than tipped ball interceptions. Anyone want to go figure that one out?

I'm so confident, I'll pull out all my nose hair with my bare hands on webcam for you if I'm proven wrong.

Gore > All

Anyone who says anything bad about him is wrong.
Bump!

Gore's hip is recovered and he's ready to demolish defenses in '11.

Like that SI article said, it will be interesting to see if Harbaugh's offense can get him the ball in open spaces.

Gore has never had the luxury of getting the ball with room to run in this dismal offense. This guy still has the talent and the wheels. Should our offense allow for space, he could be up for a big year.

Get some #21. You deserve the postseason!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Bump!

Like that SI article said, it will be interesting to see if Harbaugh's offense can get him the ball in open spaces.

Gore has never had the luxury of getting the ball with room to run in this dismal offense. This guy still has the talent and the wheels. Should our offense allow for space, he could be up for a big year.

I wonder if his inability to workout because of his hip issue will affect his play? Usually this kid would be pulling tires up a sand hill this time of the year...
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Bump!

I wonder if his inability to workout because of his hip issue will affect his play? Usually this kid would be pulling tires up a sand hill this time of the year...

Gore has been working out, someone posted a video with him, ochocinco and terrelle pryor working out together,

Frank has been putting in work
Share 49ersWebzone