There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Love Frank the Tank... his first carry yesterday-- classic!

I simply love this running back of ours and we are damn lucky to have him. Don't want to think about the day he's not suiting up for us anymore... just no-quit in this warrior.
he's done guys, elephant haley said so
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yep, im really serious here.. i think we should take out a piece of Bill Parcells Giant Playbook.. remember how he used the young Rodney Hampton in front of OJ Anderson?

and remember how he would have his offense run down the clock til about 5 seconds and just have OJ gain 3 to 4 yards at a time??

I think it's the best way to use Gore.. have Hyde carry about 15 to 20 times a game, and then give Gore the ball in the 4th quarter for another 10 to 15 carries..

then from time to time, let LeMichael James run on that Read Option Attack that we have because Gore can't run off that formation.. he's not quick enuff..
Originally posted by 9moon:
yep, im really serious here.. i think we should take out a piece of Bill Parcells Giant Playbook.. remember how he used the young Rodney Hampton in front of OJ Anderson?

and remember how he would have his offense run down the clock til about 5 seconds and just have OJ gain 3 to 4 yards at a time??

I think it's the best way to use Gore.. have Hyde carry about 15 to 20 times a game, and then give Gore the ball in the 4th quarter for another 10 to 15 carries..

then from time to time, let LeMichael James run on that Read Option Attack that we have because Gore can't run off that formation.. he's not quick enuff..

Not a bad idea either.
Frank acts like he's playing for another contract. He looks good still
So with a 1,000+ yard season, Frank can move up to #20 or possibly #19 on the all time NFL rushing list. Let's go FRANK!

I want Frank to retire as a 49er but we all know how we do our great players after their careers start winding down so i doubt he returns next year. If he doesnt return I really hope he goes to a team that is in desperate need of a starting RB & he can keep moving up the all time rushing list so he can be even considered a candidate for the Hall of Fame cuz how it stands right now i doubt he would get into the hall without the Hardware. In our mind he is a Hall of Famer but outside San Francisco he's just another work horse running back with a pretty good NFL career.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So with a 1,000+ yard season, Frank can move up to #20 or possibly #19 on the all time NFL rushing list. Let's go FRANK!

I hope (although it isn't likely) that Frank does that on 200 carries or less. Why so few? Because it mens he either is breaking a few big runs or is consistently making nice gains each carry. It also means Hyde and James are getting their fair share of runs as well.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

"We need to keep him (fresh) from Week 1 to the Super Bowl. He's ready to go and he's right where he needs to be."

This is Gore's final year on his contract. I think this is really it guys....I'm going to miss Gore like no other.

Maybe we can sign him for 2 more years?!
Truly one of the greats of this era. Workhorse year in and year out and a model of consistency on an elite level. I'm really going to miss watching this guy on Sundays
Stop the eulogies. We have this year. Let's enjoy it.
I love the fact Frank seems to have some competition in Hyde, that's when he's at his best. Over the years that I've watched him, it seems like ever time a RB on our team had a good run, Frank would come back in more determined and rip of a nice run himself.
frank gore exposed how terrible kevan barlow was, and so did maurice hicks

barlow the dancer, dude got paid and then stopped hitting the hole
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yes! Don't forget, with 33 yards he will hit 10,000 on Sunday. I can't wait to watch it. I hope that run comes with a TD.