There are 160 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Giedi:
It was tough to see Lott and Craig in a raider uni.

Even worse to see Jerry in one but couldn't really blame him after Young retired.

Long long long list of old Niners to the Raiders (even Rogers and Brown this year). They'll never be heard from again. It's a way to stay in the Bay area, get paid and still play football.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hyde should take over this year and Frank will play for the Raiders next year...where all ex-Niners go to disappear (Black Hole).

It was tough to see Lott and Craig in a raider uni.

craig, not so much so to me , because it was clear he could not do the job anymore. its like he lost it over night which is what happened to franco harris, chuck foreman, tony dorsett etc. lott hurt because there was no reason for him to go, he could still play the game which he proved when he left us
old niners never die, they just cross the bridge to Oakland and start once again.
Frank looked good yesterday. I hope he finishes his career with us.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say we should just let him play every 4th quarter.. that's when we need him most.. let him start, give him a few carries here and there, then sit him down until the 4th quarter..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
sometimes players want to play until they are forced off the field in a stretcher...Gore might be one of those guys.
Love Frank the Tank... his first carry yesterday-- classic!

I simply love this running back of ours and we are damn lucky to have him. Don't want to think about the day he's not suiting up for us anymore... just no-quit in this warrior.
Love Frank the Tank... his first carry yesterday-- classic!

I simply love this running back of ours and we are damn lucky to have him. Don't want to think about the day he's not suiting up for us anymore... just no-quit in this warrior.
he's done guys, elephant haley said so
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yep, im really serious here.. i think we should take out a piece of Bill Parcells Giant Playbook.. remember how he used the young Rodney Hampton in front of OJ Anderson?

and remember how he would have his offense run down the clock til about 5 seconds and just have OJ gain 3 to 4 yards at a time??

I think it's the best way to use Gore.. have Hyde carry about 15 to 20 times a game, and then give Gore the ball in the 4th quarter for another 10 to 15 carries..

then from time to time, let LeMichael James run on that Read Option Attack that we have because Gore can't run off that formation.. he's not quick enuff..

Originally posted by 9moon:
yep, im really serious here.. i think we should take out a piece of Bill Parcells Giant Playbook.. remember how he used the young Rodney Hampton in front of OJ Anderson?

and remember how he would have his offense run down the clock til about 5 seconds and just have OJ gain 3 to 4 yards at a time??

I think it's the best way to use Gore.. have Hyde carry about 15 to 20 times a game, and then give Gore the ball in the 4th quarter for another 10 to 15 carries..

then from time to time, let LeMichael James run on that Read Option Attack that we have because Gore can't run off that formation.. he's not quick enuff..

Not a bad idea either.
Frank acts like he's playing for another contract. He looks good still
So with a 1,000+ yard season, Frank can move up to #20 or possibly #19 on the all time NFL rushing list. Let's go FRANK!

I want Frank to retire as a 49er but we all know how we do our great players after their careers start winding down so i doubt he returns next year. If he doesnt return I really hope he goes to a team that is in desperate need of a starting RB & he can keep moving up the all time rushing list so he can be even considered a candidate for the Hall of Fame cuz how it stands right now i doubt he would get into the hall without the Hardware. In our mind he is a Hall of Famer but outside San Francisco he's just another work horse running back with a pretty good NFL career.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So with a 1,000+ yard season, Frank can move up to #20 or possibly #19 on the all time NFL rushing list. Let's go FRANK!

I hope (although it isn't likely) that Frank does that on 200 carries or less. Why so few? Because it mens he either is breaking a few big runs or is consistently making nice gains each carry. It also means Hyde and James are getting their fair share of runs as well.
Share 49ersWebzone