There are 186 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000368574/article/marshawn-lynch-to-hold-out-of-seattle-seahawks-camp

I am glad that Lynch would love hold out. I hope that Seahawks can't afford to pay him for expensive moneys.. good job Lynch.. He know. He is too good that he need more moneys.. lol
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jul 25, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I love Gore!.. I am thinking about it. We should give him rise the moneys if Gore will big happy because he will work hard and give us a win games and good heart a win chamionship. He is very humble that he never been hold out or never missed the training camp. I really like him a lot. If we should give him the rise moneys. I wonder that gore will work hard and bring the ring of chamionship for us this year. I feel my gut...

Gore held out a couple days when Harbaugh got here but it was because he wanted a long term deal being that he had only one season left and a brand new coach he wanted certainty that he was part of our plans. He came after a couple days and shortly thereafter we extended him. We all love Gore though

Gore did hold out for two days ago? No way. I don't have proof to him any news. Yep he is longer a 49ers for 10 years. He loved a 49ers and stay here forever.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wonder how big Fwank's butt has gotten this offseason. That boy has got a big o bootie.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 25, 2014 at 7:11 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
All the adversity Frank Gore has gone through. All he does is BEAST for us every year! I know it's the year for some young buck to step up and take the torch, but I don't think its going to happen. I hope he has his best season and runs towards an MVP Year for the Inconvenient Truth.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I feel my gut...

Flabby, with a side of rolls?
His Fantasy value is going up!

Also I think the chances we extend him are going up too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
His Fantasy value is going up!

Also I think the chances we extend him are going up too.

I certainly wouldn't bet against it. Specially with the rash of injuries recently.
Frank talking an awful lot about not being a Niner next year in this article and playing for another team, assuming of course the quotes were presented in context.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-running-back-frank-gore-going-strong-at-31--with-one-goal-left-033359013.html
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 16, 2014 at 3:55 PM ]
I get the feeling he thinks he can go 2-3 more years and a few months back I would have said we just don't have room for him next year. With Hunter being out the season and often injured, Lattimore a question mark and James hurt plus unlikely to re-sign (after 2015) maybe we can re-sign Gore to a 1 year friendly deal. Make sure Hyde and Lattimore are ready to take over before we let Gore go. I think it will depend on how well those guys do this year and how well Gore does. I wouldn't rule out Gore wanting a 2-3 year deal and signing with someone else. I also wouldn't rule out him retiring if we win a SB. I wouldn't rule him coming back for 1 year on a cheap deal as well. It's really up in the air right now.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I get the feeling he thinks he can go 2-3 more years and a few months back I would have said we just don't have room for him next year. With Hunter being out the season and often injured, Lattimore a question mark and James hurt plus unlikely to re-sign (after 2015) maybe we can re-sign Gore to a 1 year friendly deal. Make sure Hyde and Lattimore are ready to take over before we let Gore go. I think it will depend on how well those guys do this year and how well Gore does. I wouldn't rule out Gore wanting a 2-3 year deal and signing with someone else. I also wouldn't rule out him retiring if we win a SB. I wouldn't rule him coming back for 1 year on a cheap deal as well. It's really up in the air right now.
We win the super bowl, I think he'll retire and go to Stanford as an assistant RB coach.

I want Frank to end his career as a Niner (preferably with a ring) He was a big part of the recent success that we have enjoyed the last few years after a long run of futility that he wasn't the cause of.

The thing is, if Hyde pops Frank will lose carries in a big way, making him expendable. I would just cringe seeing Gore in another uniform. Of course, he could be a big piece of a nasty group of backs. It would be so sweet if he holds his own while Hyde becomes a Niner legend. I have big expectations for Hyde, but it will just suck if Frank bails.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I want Frank to end his career as a Niner (preferably with a ring) He was a big part of the recent success that we have enjoyed the last few years after a long run of futility that he wasn't the cause of.

The thing is, if Hyde pops Frank will lose carries in a big way, making him expendable. I would just cringe seeing Gore in another uniform. Of course, he could be a big piece of a nasty group of backs. It would be so sweet if he holds his own while Hyde becomes a Niner legend. I have big expectations for Hyde, but it will just suck if Frank bails.

Ideally, I'd like for us to win the Super Bowl and for Frank to retire this year. I don't want him to retire, but it just seems it would be easier for all parties. We can move on, won't have any financial obligations, wouldn't have to see Frank in another uniform, and we can give Hyde, Lattimore, Hunter, and James a fair shot at being the number one back.

On another note, given his football intelligence, I wonder if he would have any interest in coaching? There is a lot a young back could learn from him in terms of preparation. I don't know if it's even possible to teach backs to have the vision he has (among the greatest EVER in my opinion), but if he could do it, I say go for it.
Hyde should take over this year and Frank will play for the Raiders next year...where all ex-Niners go to disappear (Black Hole).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hyde should take over this year and Frank will play for the Raiders next year...where all ex-Niners go to disappear (Black Hole).

It was tough to see Lott and Craig in a raider uni.
Originally posted by Giedi:
It was tough to see Lott and Craig in a raider uni.

Even worse to see Jerry in one but couldn't really blame him after Young retired.
Share 49ersWebzone