There are 203 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DeUh:
Yes that´s insane. 15 years as an NFL Running Back . 6 more than Frank at this moment. Maybe there is a lot more to come from Frank ?

We can only hope.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yes that´s insane. 15 years as an NFL Running Back . 6 more than Frank at this moment. Maybe there is a lot more to come from Frank ?

We can only hope.

I've been saying they have very similar running styles, so Frank very well may have much more in the tank than some think.
^^ DeUh, great stuff man. That list really shows what kind of elite company Frank is in. He is unquestionably one of the better backs from recent memory.

On a side note, how the f**k did Emmitt Smith log 4,400 carries!? That's twice as many as Frank's career. Crazy tread on those tires.

He had a great Oline for the majority of his career. He was also built to not absorb a lot of hits.
People always downplay Emmitt's achievements but if you ask me he was one helluva running back. Even put up damn near 1,000 years at 3.6 a carry when he was 35 with the s**tty Cardinals.
Somebody started another thread about Frank working out by boxing. I posted a comment there, but then realized I should have put it in this thread (after some chiding from others). I'll delete it over in that thread and paste it in here:

I think I read that last season Frank had the third most carries of his career. Probably because Kendell was out so long and the passing game was anemic at best till Crabtree got back. When it comes to the end of the season and hopefully 9ers are in the playoffs, there is nobody I want more than Frank to be the primary ball carrier/pass blocker/receiver and I want him to be sharp and fresh. To stay sharp he's going to need to carry the ball a fairly high percent of the time in the regular season. To stay fresh, he's going to have watch from the sidelines more. Fortunately, for the team, there's plenty of running back talent to use while keeping Frank fresh. I want to see Frank smash his way through the playoffs and bash the 9ers to a win in the Super Bowl. Box on, man!!!

Edit: Oops, that other thread is locked, so I can't delete it. Sorry about the duplication.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Jul 6, 2014 at 11:14 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yes that�s insane. 15 years as an NFL Running Back . 6 more than Frank at this moment. Maybe there is a lot more to come from Frank ?

We can only hope.

I've been saying they have very similar running styles, so Frank very well may have much more in the tank than some think.

The two Martins should rejuvenate his YPC average. It going to be tough to let him go if the front office decides to do that. Personally I think the two Martins will add another productive year or two - easy - in his NFL career. Well see this year, there is some good RB's trying to take his job this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
People always downplay Emmitt's achievements but if you ask me he was one helluva running back. Even put up damn near 1,000 years at 3.6 a carry when he was 35 with the s**tty Cardinals.

His O-line wasn't bad either.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
^^ DeUh, great stuff man. That list really shows what kind of elite company Frank is in. He is unquestionably one of the better backs from recent memory.

On a side note, how the f**k did Emmitt Smith log 4,400 carries!? That's twice as many as Frank's career. Crazy tread on those tires.

He had a great Oline for the majority of his career. He was also built to not absorb a lot of hits.

Agree! Great minds think alike!
He's at 9967 rushing yards; there's a good chance he'll get to 10k in week 1. I'm sure the announcers will be all over tht story.

33 yards... First play from scrimmage
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Agree! Great minds think alike!

Larry Allen (all by himself) would've helped Emmit gain positive yards

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's at 9967 rushing yards; there's a good chance he'll get to 10k in week 1. I'm sure the announcers will be all over tht story.

33 yards... First play from scrimmage

THIS!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I would not be shocked if Frank Gore rushed for more than 1,000 yards. Stranger things have happened and I really want him to pass the 10,000 yard mark before he retires.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Frank Gore "We Have The Team To Do It"

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Frank_Gore_We_Have_the_Team_to_do_it/309ede1a-1f50-4973-bebc-6b1f128ca341
I love Gore!.. I am thinking about it. We should give him rise the moneys if Gore will big happy because he will work hard and give us a win games and good heart a win chamionship. He is very humble that he never been hold out or never missed the training camp. I really like him a lot. If we should give him the rise moneys. I wonder that gore will work hard and bring the ring of chamionship for us this year. I feel my gut...
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I love Gore!.. I am thinking about it. We should give him rise the moneys if Gore will big happy because he will work hard and give us a win games and good heart a win chamionship. He is very humble that he never been hold out or never missed the training camp. I really like him a lot. If we should give him the rise moneys. I wonder that gore will work hard and bring the ring of chamionship for us this year. I feel my gut...

Gore held out a couple days when Harbaugh got here but it was because he wanted a long term deal being that he had only one season left and a brand new coach he wanted certainty that he was part of our plans. He came after a couple days and shortly thereafter we extended him. We all love Gore though
Share 49ersWebzone