LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the potential passing attack of the 2014 49ers, Gore can be even more effective than last year.

If we can figure out a way to rotate him in and out and still retain enough carries for him to be effective, he's gonna still be great.
We win the Super Bowl he retires. Easiest way to not make it awkward for anybody.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
We win the Super Bowl he retires. Easiest way to not make it awkward for anybody.

This!

F**K YEAH!

I don't know why, just the more the tension builds, the moment you think it's all gonna crack, it will all explode onto the field. This is the year Gore goes out a king.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by jreff22:

This!

F**K YEAH!

Originally posted by synigod:
I realize that a lot of people are on the draft bandwagon for Mr Hyde but I wanted to take a moment to appreciate Frank "the Tank" Gore. He is my favorite 49er. He has so much heart and determination it inspires me. If you see this thread Marvin, I hope you make an updated video of Frank's highlights. Gore is not gone... Lets show him some love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCpNHzRasM

That was really fun to watch, thank you. He has been the only bright spot on this team for so many dark years. I want him to get a ring so bad. I still think if we gave him the ball on the 5 yd line in the super bowl we would of won. But cant live in the past.

He still has great vision and is a very reliable receiver and doesnt fumble often. He is also our best back at pass protecting. But watching this vid made me remember the explosiveness he used to have going through the holes.. its just not there anymore. I want him to start every game this year.. but he should only take around 180 carries this year. Not only do we need to get the other younger, talented, hungry RBs involved but we need Gore to have his best games in the playoffs this year.. not like last year where he just struggled.
If Gore proves to have a decent year and that he is still a contributor later in the year is there any chance we resign him?
Gores age isnt the problem, he slowed down last year because roman kept running him into a wall of defenders. seems like when crabs got back in the lineup he got lazy calling run plays and just ran him up the middle every damn time when the whole world knew it was coming. Gore still has enough in the tank for one last superbowl hunt maybe more, but if we win I hope he retires on top and doesnt come back one year too late and go out as a bumbling vet whos past his prime like so many other RB's have done
Originally posted by synigod:
I realize that a lot of people are on the draft bandwagon for Mr Hyde but I wanted to take a moment to appreciate Frank "the Tank" Gore. He is my favorite 49er. He has so much heart and determination it inspires me. If you see this thread Marvin, I hope you make an updated video of Frank's highlights. Gore is not gone... Lets show him some love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCpNHzRasM

Badass........soooo pumped for september!! Thanks for posting this.
GONINERS
GORE is one of 2 players to have 2 70+ yard runs in a game!! The other was the one in only barry sanders
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I don't know why, just the more the tension builds, the moment you think it's all gonna crack, it will all explode onto the field. This is the year Gore goes out a king.

Superbowl mvp would be pimps**t, but superbowl champ is just fine as well!!

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Gores age isnt the problem, he slowed down last year because roman kept running him into a wall of defenders. seems like when crabs got back in the lineup he got lazy calling run plays and just ran him up the middle every damn time when the whole world knew it was coming. Gore still has enough in the tank for one last superbowl hunt maybe more, but if we win I hope he retires on top and doesnt come back one year too late and go out as a bumbling vet whos past his prime like so many other RB's have done

I love Gore but he should only see 15 touches a game this year.

The only Jersey I own .
Hope we get a ring for this guy this year!
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

He's averaged 16-17 carries per game the last 3 years. 18-19 touches if you include receptions. So that wouldn't be decreasing his workload by much. If we want to seriously incorporate Hyde/Hunter/Lattimore into the offense, we might have to limit Gore to even less than 15 touches.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

we'll see how much of a drop off there will be around 15 and how well the other guys know the offense. as far as blocking Gore is way better than any other back we have unless latt and hyde show us they can get it done too
Share 49ersWebzone