There are 200 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

oh i remember that. i had this clip saved on my dvr for like 2 years
my favorite football player of all time. not just 49er. ive been watching him since his days here at UM and read about him in high school breaking every county record. he's been doubted, injured, disrespected, etc. and he just keeps coming back. it's gona be tough for me to watch him retire someday. he has nothing to prove to anybody but it would be so beautiful to see him lift the lombardi.

Talbert
Originally posted by Hipstersoup:
my favorite football player of all time. not just 49er. ive been watching him since his days here at UM and read about him in high school breaking every county record. he's been doubted, injured, disrespected, etc. and he just keeps coming back. it's gona be tough for me to watch him retire someday. he has nothing to prove to anybody but it would be so beautiful to see him lift the lombardi.

Talbert

He's the #1 on my list of 49ers who deserve it.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

Alex and Frank look like little kids hahaha
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Alex and Frank look like little kids hahaha

Haha! Frank sounds like one too--his voice is so high pitched compared to the way it is now!
[ Edited by Byisgod on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's the #1 on my list of 49ers who deserve it.

Hell yeah!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Interesting bit of info from NFL.com article talking about Terrell Davis not making the final cut...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311405/article/hall-of-fame-finalists-morten-andersen-surprisingly-gets-the-nod

I can't believe he didn't make the cut ...

Ah, but when it comes to Terrell Davis, it's no surprise. TD seems to be that guy on the cusp -- a lightning rod in Hall of Fame discussion because of his limited tenure -- and I've gone back and forth on his candidacy in the past. I've also told him that he's really "TD2." But like the original "TD" (Tony Dorsett), Davis could pound the ball in between the tackles and hit the home run -- despite not possessing blazing speed. And like Dorsett, he's deserving of a gold jacket.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am not in the voting room, though I know for a fact Davis has support there. Sports Illustrated writer (and Hall voter) Jim Trotter is fond of citing Davis' playoff stats, and for good reason: Davis averaged a whopping 142.5 rushing yards per game in the postseason. That's a HUGE number. To give you an idea of how huge, take a look at how the top five shakes out in that category (among RBs with five playoff games or more). It's not even close:

Terrell Davis: 142.5
John Riggins: 110.7
Eric Dickerson: 103.4
Emmitt Smith: 93.3
Frank Gore: 91.3

Frankie is 5th all-time in ypg in the playoffs w/ a minimum of 5 games played. Would be awesome if he could rise it above 100 before he retires.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM ]
f**k Davis making the HoF. He had 4 productive seasons of his 7 year career. I don't give a s**t that he ran for 2,000 yards in a season. 4 seasons shouldn't get you in the HoF.

frank is such a badass lol.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k Davis making the HoF. He had 4 productive seasons of his 7 year career. I don't give a s**t that he ran for 2,000 yards in a season. 4 seasons shouldn't get you in the HoF.

If he gets in, then Sterling Sharpe and Bo Jackson should also get in.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

I personally think he deserves it. He was the modern day Gale Sayers. A comet of sorts. A tremendously dominant career, marked by some of the greatest achievements ever by a running back, cut short by an injury. Sayers got in for a fantastic 4 year stretch, Terrell Davis is the other exception.

How do you explain Gale Sayers?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

I personally think he deserves it. He was the modern day Gale Sayers. A comet of sorts. A tremendously dominant career, marked by some of the greatest achievements ever by a running back, cut short by an injury. Sayers got in for a fantastic 4 year stretch, Terrell Davis is the other exception.

TD was the man, im not mad if he gets in. i thought he was in already. dude was a beast and one of my favorite players when he was playing. i only paid close attention to a few non niners back then and he was one of em. that said, Eddie D and Charles Haley should have been in f**kin years ago. Eddie is bar none the greatest team owner ever and charles haley has more rings than fingers, was a monster pass rusher and just a generally all around badass. if they dont get in again this year its pathetic
While I am strongly Frank Gore, I must admit, I am Latimore, curious, and open to experimentation.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 10, 2014 at 6:24 AM ]
Frank Gore coming up on the Jim Rome show in less than 15 minutes if anybody cares. I love Frankie but this may require an interpreter.
Share 49ersWebzone