LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His average wasnt the greatest against GB, But he had some key runs and a nice reception. I think the run game is missing Miller period. At this point in the season he is also probably hurting a little, and at his age you simply don't recover like you do hen your younger. He had more carries this season than last, and against some really tough physical defenses as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
His average wasnt the greatest against GB, But he had some key runs and a nice reception. I think the run game is missing Miller period. At this point in the season he is also probably hurting a little, and at his age you simply don't recover like you do hen your younger. He had more carries this season than last, and against some really tough physical defenses as well.

i fell out of my chair when ck threw him a little little pass. that could be so valuable to us esp with miller not around to catch the ball anymore, gores blocking for ck and blitz pickup will really be missed when he decides to retire. it was not sexy like ck but the ten yards he got at the end was just so damn big when you knew the packers knew what we were going to do, that is why i get upset with people who defend roman for not running the ball with gore on first and goal from the five. he proves it all the time when we need the tough yards. roman did not get the memo of JH that the rest of the year is only for the tough
I want a new rule that there has to be a camera behind Gore on every run. So much fun to see how low he gets and how he burrows through the line, pinging off linemen...those powerful legs churning! There is not another runner in the NFL that gets as low and still has that power.
Gore is an amazing football player and person in general. First, he's barely even got into Miami because he's got some type of learning disability. Then he tears his ACL... twice. Then he battles through roughly a decade of s**tty 49er teams and becomes the best running back in our history.

His combination of power, vision, leg drive, pad level, balance and short area quickness is something you just can't teach. He's also a really good receiver and the best blocking running back in the NFL. The dude has never been in trouble... model citizen from everything I've heard. I remember when he had that 1,800 yard season and we signed him to that extension. We drafted that scrub from Kansas State in 6th round as cannon fodder. Gore was so confused and thought he was gonna be cut... called the Yorks crying because he thought he was being replaced. The man really bleeds red and gold.

It's a shame he isn't appreciated the way he should be. He isn't tall and muscular, and he isn't a midget. He's just a below average height dude with fat legs and a huge bulge. He's not super fast, nor does he posses blazing quickness. He isn't articulate and he's not a model either. And while are these things are irrelevant at the end of the day, they keep him from being marketable.

It's all good though, I just want him to have his Super Bowl. Something that Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Jaamal Charles, Arian Foster and Marshawn Lynch will never have. Win one for Gore, San Fran.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i fell out of my chair when ck threw him a little little pass. that could be so valuable to us esp with miller not around to catch the ball anymore, gores blocking for ck and blitz pickup will really be missed when he decides to retire. it was not sexy like ck but the ten yards he got at the end was just so damn big when you knew the packers knew what we were going to do, that is why i get upset with people who defend roman for not running the ball with gore on first and goal from the five. he proves it all the time when we need the tough yards. roman did not get the memo of JH that the rest of the year is only for the tough

This. That pass will be there all day. Gore was good for 50 catches a year during the dark years. He doesn't have to produce that many per season now, but it could be valuable as teams lock in on everyone else. I think gradually Kaep is going to begin looking at all five guys out there, whatever combination they may be as receiving options. I also hope that our guys in turn will look for and expect the ball, no matter what. This is the playoffs.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Our interior linemen are getting dominated in the running game over the last several games. Boone has been down significantly from last season and Iupati's play has fallen off a cliff. Gore's made his money running through holes on the interior, and they're just not there because of the line.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. That pass will be there all day. Gore was good for 50 catches a year during the dark years. He doesn't have to produce that many per season now, but it could be valuable as teams lock in on everyone else. I think gradually Kaep is going to begin looking at all five guys out there, whatever combination they may be as receiving options. I also hope that our guys in turn will look for and expect the ball, no matter what. This is the playoffs.

It seems teams now just let or RB's have free release on passing downs now and rarely are they even covered. we have to exploit that more going forward.
Originally posted by Disp:
Our interior linemen are getting dominated in the running game over the last several games. Boone has been down significantly from last season and Iupati's play has fallen off a cliff. Gore's made his money running through holes on the interior, and they're just not there because of the line.

This x 100. Its not Gores fault. The O Line has been not good especially that Goodwin center. He has really slipped as has Boone run blocking. I hope this offseason and draft, the 49ers sign a strong center o anchor the run game
give him a lead he'll find the crease.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
give him a lead he'll find the crease.

doesn't need much of a crease either.

Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

It seems teams now just let or RB's have free release on passing downs now and rarely are they even covered. we have to exploit that more going forward.

Exactly. Just keep Gore in long enough to sell pass protection then let him leak out for the 5 to 8 yard pass completion.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

I didn't watch yet, but is this the 2006 game at Seattle?
I didn't watch yet, but is this the 2006 game at Seattle?

Yep, this is the one where Alex Smith broke that tackle in the pocket and threw it to Gore up the sideline.
Share 49ersWebzone